Saturday, May 5, 2012

MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS in I-MAX 3-D, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 23 min )

The first time that I watched this movie was because I wanted to get a general "feel" for it since it looks complicated  as it has too many lead characters.
where:  movie2k.to
when:  Tuesday, May 1st, 2012
show:  Early--very early--in the morning
costs:  Free stream on stream2k
auditorium:  My living room
seat:  My swivel chair


2nd time


The second time that I watched this was because I wanted to get the note-taking started, even though the audio quality of the upload was not that good.

where:  movie2k.to
when:  Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012
show:  Late in the evening
costs:  Free stream on stream2k
auditorium:  My living room
seat:  My swivel chair


3rd time


The third time that I watched this was because I wanted to observe the audience reaction.


This photo shows a bunch of people waiting in line for probably 3 hours--or more--just to see  THE  AVENGERS movie! I took this photo through the glass door before I went in to buy a ticket for the movie, SAFE. I'd rather sit comfortably and relaxed inside an auditorium than stand, or sit on the hard cement floor, outside in the lobby or hallway with a bunch of strangers.

where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Friday, May 4th, 2012
show:  12:01 a.m.
costs:  $17.50 Ticket = $17.50
auditorium:  12
seat:  3rd row, 5th column

4th time


The fourth time that I watched this was because I wanted to review and add to my notes. 


A far-away view on telephoto.
And a closer view on telephoto.


where:  CINE ARTS @ PLEASANT HILL in Pleasant Hill, CA
when:  Friday, May 4th, 2012
show:  7:00 p.m.
costs:  $14.50 Ticket + $2.60 bulk Chocolate Candies + $4.50 20.0 oz VitaminWater XXX + $5.00 Benicia Bridge Toll = $27.60
auditorium:  1, The Dome with the 3-D screen
seat:  4th row, 20th column


synopsis/overview:  When an evil-minded god decides to subjugate the whole world, a peace-keeping agency puts together a team of superheroes and agents to keep the evil plan from happening.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) "The Tesseract has awakened"; 2.) Misbehaving; 3.) "An ant has no quarrel with a boot"; 4.) "As of right now, we are at war"; 5.) "I'm in the middle of an interrogation"; 6.) "Are you here to kill me, Miss Romanoff ( Scarlett Johansson ), because that's not gonna work-out for everyone"; 7.) "Phase Two isn't ready, our enemy is"; 8.) "You should have left it in the ocean"; 9.) "Twelve per cent of the credit"; 10.) "Security breached"; 11.) "You have homework"; 12.) "So, this Dr. Banner ( Mark Ruffalo ) was trying to replicate the serum that they used on me"; 13.) "I watched you while you were sleeping"; 14.) "I was a king"; 15.) Capt. America trading cards; 16.) Paying the ten-dollar bet; 17.) Reflection panels; 18. "It's more than knowledge, it's truth"; 19.) "He's not exactly hiding"; 20.) Retinal scan; 21.) Kneel; 22.) "Agent Romanoff, 'you miss me"; 23.) "Still, you're pretty spry for an older fellow"; 24.) "I'm not overly fond of what follows"; 25.) "I have a plan: Attack"; 26.) "Did you mourn"; 27.) "I'm listening"; 28.) "Power, 400 % capacity"; 29.) "You want me to put the hammer down"; 30.) "Ant ... boot"; 31.) "You have made me very desperate"; 32.) "An army ... from outer space"; 33.) "He's adopted"; 34.) Hulk's fan; 35.) Video game; 36.) "No surprises"; 37.) "S.H.E.I.L.D.'s secure files; 38.) "It's a terrible privilege"; 39.) "She'll be safe"; 40.) "I'm asking what are you prepared to do"; 41.) "You lie and kill in service of the liars and killers"; 42.) "Thank you for your cooperation"; 43.) Phase Two; 44.) "We're a time bomb"; 45.) "Everything special about you came out of a bottle"; 46.) "I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out"; 47.) "Put on a suit"; 48.) Rampaging Hulk; 49.) Red lever; 50.) Target engaged; 51.) Malfunction; 52.) "Are you ever not gonna fall for that"; 53.) "Even I don't know what it does"; 54.) "So, that's what it does"; 55.) "The Avengers Initiative"; 56.) "Well, then, son, you've got a condition"; 57.) "... Monsters and Magic you were never ever trained for"; 58.) "We're not soldiers"; 59.) "They needed a push"; 60.) "It's what we call ourselves"; 61.) "We have a hulk"; 62.) "I have performance issues"; 63.) "There's no stopping it. There's only the war"; 64.) "You think this madness will end with your rule"; 65.) "Why the Hell should I take orders from you"; 66.) Motorcycle; 67.) "I don't see how that's a party"; 68.) "I'm always angry"; 69.) Smash; 70.) Agent Romanoff hitching a ride; 71.) The Hulk and Thor; 72.) "I will not order a nuclear strike against a civilian population"; 73.) "I'm a god, you dull creature"; 74.) Rappel; 75.) "Rouge bird"; 76.) "I've got a nuke coming in and it's gonna blow in less than a minute"; 77.) Nuclear explosion; 78.) "He's not slowing down"; 79.) Resuscitation; 80.) The whole gang against Loki; 81.) "Leave of absence"; 82.) "The whole world knows it, every world knows it"; 83.) "Because we need them"; 84.) The Stark Tower; 85.) Bonus Scene during the Ending Credits of the next bad guy, Thanos; and 86.) Wordless Bonus Scene after the Ending Credits in the Shawarma deli.

favorite scenes:  I liked the Interrogation scene.

I liked the "He's Adopted" scene.

I liked how The Hulk caught Thor by surprise.

I liked how The Hulk beat the crap out of Loki.

I liked how The Hulk revived Iron Man.

( Do you notice a recurring element in three of the five above favorite scenes of mine? )

prediction:  I think this movie will set records for 2012 in Opening Night/Day, in First Weekend, in Domestic and in International Box-Office Sales Receipts. Yeah, I know. Batman and Spiderman aren't out, yet. But I just got a good feeling about this ....

audience reaction:  The audience really liked it and gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked it, too. Go see it if you're a Marvel Superheroes fan!

spoiler alert!  'First thing I'll throw out there: Where the hell was War Machine ...? Nick Fury ( Samuel Jackson ) was originally conceived as being white, why the change in race? When Loki ( Tom Hiddleston ) put Hawkeye ( Jeremy Renner ) under his spell, what was the other agent doing all of that time? Don't tell me that he was just standing there behind Loki and looking stupid. When the MP car was chasing after the get-away car, Loki shot at the MP in the passenger seat yet, somehow, the car ended-up flipping over. When Agent Hill ( Cobie Smulders ) chased after the get-away vehicle, she shot at the other vehicle through a bullet hole in the driver's side of her vehicle's windshield; but in two later scenes, the bullet hole switched to the passenger side of her vehicle. A jet plane with right-angled windows is a bad idea--trust me on this! Even with its reflector panels activated, the airship would still cast a shadow on the ground. Since Loki was in Germany, why did he speak to the natives in English? ( I mean, come on, Natasha Romanoff was in Russia and she spoke in Russian. ) Is Loki just bad because he always has a "Bad Hair Day"? And how come Capt. America ( Chris Evans ) and Iron Man ( Robert Downey, Jr. ) never get "Helmet Hair"? The holding cell where Loki was kept was specially-designed to contain The Hulk. In other words, the cell was not used at all before Loki was put in it. So, how come the paint on the hand rails outside of the holding cell peeled-off here and there like that room was used regularly? When Capt. America did a forced entry into the secret storage room, why didn't any alarm go off since it's supposed to be secret anyway and would need a special access code or key for entry? The Hulk must be out-of-shape since he doesn't have as much muscle definition as before. When Iron Man went spinning around, he was pretty much doing so in a giant centrifuge. And the thing about him spinning around inside a giant centrifuge is that he'd experience an effect of centrifugal/centripetal force which essentially will make the blood in his brain pool on the right side of his skull, judging from how he was spinning around. Therefore, the rest of his brain would become un-oxygenated and he'd simply pass-out or, at the very least, get super-dizzy! Unlike his brother, why does Loki speak English like an American? There was too much blood on Loki's spearhead.   Why did Thor ( Chris Hemsworth ) have to walk on over to where his hammer was at when he could just have sent it flying toward him? When the grenade exploded, Agent Hill was very close to it and should have gotten hit with more than just the two shrapnel pieces which got her in the face! Why didn't Hawkeye get a bump and a bruise on his forehead? When Nick Fury was looking at Agent Coulson ( Clark Gregg ) you could see a white hair sticking out of his nose---Nose hair trimmer, anyone?  The pants that the security guard gave to The Hulk was just an ordinary one that should have ripped-apart easily. Wouldn't it make more sense for The Hulk to go around fighting the bad guys butt-naked? I mean, he must be "packing quite a wallop" of such an intimidating size and proportion "down there" between his legs!

The Hulk: "I can smell a bunch of 'fresh' butt-ginas all around me."

Bad guy: "Run, everyone. Run!"

How did Hawkeye know when and where to shoot an enemy coming-up fast behind him when all of his other targets got sighted first? In the bank, when Capt. America kicked that heavy wooden desk towards the aliens, he should have slid back on the smooth floor. The alien aircraft that Agent Romanoff/Black Widow jumped-off from was going at such a speed that, based on Velocity and Momentum, she should have been splattered against the wall! Hawkeye ( and Tony Stark/Iron Man in a later scene ) shouldn't have crashed through the window so easily since the glass used in Skyscraper windows is of a tougher grade than regular glass. So, the Big Blue Sky is nothing more than just a giant butt with a gaping blue anus that squirts-out parasitic aliens. Okay .... Therefore, all that The Avengers needed to do to stop the enema--I mean, enemy--was to use a Giant Butt-Plug! LOL.

All of the above spoilers are a good enough reason for Hollywood to hire my services as Cine-Man, technical consultant. Well, I'm waiting ....

fyi:  This movie is now my second record holder for most noteworthy scenes.

Stay 'til after the Ending Credits to watch a funny, wordless scene inside the Shawarma deli.

A Shawarma Sandwich which I found on the Internet. You can find recipes for it online. 

I wonder why this movie ends with the whole gang eating in a Middle Eastern delicatessen after New York got attacked from the sky by a bunch of aliens. Is this whole thing just added-on at the end of the movie as a conciliatory/appeasement act by money-hungry Hollywood hypocrites who don't want to offend Middle Eastern movie-goers, considering what happened during 9-11? And, I don't know about you, but a Shawarma deli without a meat tower is not a Shawarma deli.

'Remember what I said about Thor's hammer in May of last year? Well, if there was such a thing that only one being could wield, then Thor would be way stronger than The Hulk, considering what the hammer was made out of.

Who do you think is more beautiful ...

Cobie Smulders, a.k.a. Agent Hill?
or ...

Scarlett Johansson, a.k.a. Agent Romanoff?

word of advice:  Don't over-react to an imagined slight.

tidbits:  I was at a Benicia, CA, grocery store earlier today, Thursday, May 3rd. In the Produce Department of the store, at 1:50 p.m., I overheard a brat asking his mom if the mushrooms that he was looking at were Poisonous Mushrooms! His mother told him that they were not poisonous. Since this store has a preferred customer program running called, "JustforU", maybe I should talk the Produce Manager into ordering some poisonous mushrooms just for you, you stupid little brat.

Hey, stupid little brat. Do the whole world a huge favor when you grow up: Don't Breed!

I brought a pair of Real-D 3-D glasses with me because I learned that some theatres were handing-out collector's 3-D glasses. And I wanted to switch auditoriums so that I could trade my I-Max 3-D glasses for the collectible one and use my spare 3-D glasses to watch the movie with. But ... they don't have the collector's 3-D glasses at this theatre. Darn it!

I went to the 9:00 p.m. showing for the movie, SAFE, rather than stand in line with the rest of the movie-goers for two hours before the auditorium was opened at 11 p.m. And I think some--if not all--of the people in the audience with me were of the same mind as I was.

Some teens dressed in their favorite Avengers superhero outfits--except for the Hulk-guy who was topless and body-painted green--went to the front of the auditorium to pose for pictures. I should have taken photos of them, too.

But the girl dressed as Hawkeye, with her bow and arrow, got mistaken for Katniss Everdeen of THE HUNGER GAMES. Ha, ha, ha.

When Loki killed an agent, a girl in the audience gasped.

While watching this movie, I had a brilliant idea! The 4th row has only two seats on either side, the middle section is totally empty of seats ( I don't know why since it is not Wheelchair Accessible anyway ). The next time that a Block-Buster Movie is shown in this particular auditorium, instead of waiting in line for hours just to get a good seat, I'll bring my own folding chair so I can sit in the choice spot! I'd better talk to the theatre management about it, first, just to get their permission. And since I'm a regular movie patron, as well as a movie blogger, I hope to be given the privilege ( or I'm gonna bad-mouth this establishment. Ha, ha, ha ).

The guy seated to my left said to his two friends, "That was awesome. That was so good."

As we in the audience were leaving the auditorium, a theatre staff member handed-out some mini movie posters to us: The poster that shows Agent Romanoff's "asset" and busts-set to best advantage. BUT WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE A MOVIE POSTER OF JUST AGENT HILL--and only Agent Hill--ON IT?!?!?!

2nd tidbits:  I started my blog on this movie today, Friday, May 4th, when I got a hunch and decided to check on the Internet the movie listings for the Cine Arts Theatre in Pleasant Hill, CA. I found out that they are showing THE AVENGERS, and in 3-D. I called the place to ask them in which auditorium they have the 3-D version showing. The clerk told me that they have the 3-D showing at the Dome--I had a "cerebral orgasm" when I heard that! A few times in the last three years or so, I asked their management if they will ever be showing 3-D movies at The Dome since it has a big screen and it is just one big, cavernous auditorium: The perfect venue for Block-Buster Movies! Finally, my prayer had been answered! I told the clerk that I'd try and make it to the 10 p.m. show ( since I was still blogging about the movie ). But, to heck with it, I changed my mind and decided to go and see the 7:00 p.m. show, instead!

On my way to the theatre, I stopped at the Chase Bank branch inside the Lucky's Supermarket on the corner of Redwood and Tuolumne streets here in Vallejo, CA, to deposit some money into my checking account. And I got reminded again that I qualify for a Platinum Card. But I told the beautiful teller that I'm still paying-off my two credit card debts--'too bad that she didn't ask me out on a date since I'd totally jump on it, the "slut" that I am! Ha, ha, ha.

Then, I went to the Chevron Gas Station on Springs Road here in Vallejo to get $10.00 worth of gas. And, then, I went to the shopping center across the street to eat at Selecta Pilipino Buffet and to buy some lottery tickets. My meal and tickets all costed me a total of $16.74. But one of my lottery tickets from a previous play had won me $10.00.

On the freeway drive to Cine Arts, I felt excited since I'd get to finally see a 3-D movie at The Dome for the very first time today, the very first day that they started showing 3-D movies. But ... when I got-up to the box office and asked the clerk, he told me that they'd been showing 3-D Block-Buster movies for a few months already. Now, how the Hell did I miss that ...?

Before the movie started, I went into the men's room to empty my bladder and to take a picture of the middle toilet stall since I'd been meaning to for a long time because this particular stall is the worst one I've seen, design-wise:

I used a urinal instead of this since the flush handle is on a hard to access side.
This stall is very narrow, the side walls are not at right-angles to the wall and door frame, the flush handle should have been on the other side and the toilet paper dispenser is located beside and too close to the toilet bowl so that anyone sitting on the toilet would have to lean the other way. Maybe they should just reserve this stall for men suffering from the spinal deformity, Scoliosis; but only if one's spine curves away from the toilet paper dispenser. Otherwise, such a man should use either one of the other two stalls, instead.

There were just about three dozen people in the audience with me. I'll keep that in mind the next time a Block-Buster 3-D movie is playing.

After the movie, as I made my way out of the auditorium, I could hear through the wall Cyndi Lauper's song, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" playing loudly in the bar next door, The Loaded Hog.

When I got back to Vallejo, I swung by the Admiral Callaghan Lane Safeway to buy an ear of White Corn, a 1.5 qt. of store brand Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream, two Bananas and a 15-ct. pack of Buffalo Wings, all for $7.68.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment