Wednesday, May 2, 2012

THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS in 3-D, PG ( 1 hr & 28 min )



where:  movie2k.to
when:  Wednesday, April 25th, 2012
show:  Late in the evening
costs:  Free on stream2k
auditorium:  My living room
seat:  My swivel chair

2nd time


Wrong release date on this one.
where:  Century 14 Vallejo in Vallejo, CA
when:  Monday, April 30th, 2012
show:  1:50 p.m.
costs:  $10.00 Ticket + $4.00 Hot Dog + $4.50 20.0 oz VitaminWater Revive = $18.50
auditorium:  1
seat:  5th row, 4th seat


synopsis/overview:  A pirate captain wants to win the coveted title: Pirate of the Year. Even though he failed to win it year after year after year .... But he's positive that he will win it this year. And, so, his quest for the title takes him and his rag-tag crew from Blood Island, the pirates' lair, all the way to London, England, where he joins forces with a young scientist, and the scientist's sidekick, to do battle against an evil queen.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) Royal Crest; 2.) Ham nite; 3.) Polly; 4.) "Surprisingly, curvaceous pirate"; 5.) Pirate of the Year Award contenders; 6.) "That will be a very painful thing to do"; 7.) "Plague boat"; 8.) "Geography field trip"; 9.) "Naturists"; 10.) "Ghost ship"; 11.) "I heard there's a fortune to be made in baby clothes"; 12.) Adventures; 13.) "Brine-soaked terror of the high seas"; 14.) Extra gruesome; 15.) "I'll never get a girlfriend"; 16.) Kidneys; 17.) The plank; 18.) Scientific discovery; 19.) Untold riches; 20.) Decoration; 21.) Welcome sign; 22.) "I could have sworn they were girls"; 23.) Girl scouts; 24.) "London smells like grandma"; 25.) "You don't get many girls here. Do you, Charles"; 26.) The Manpanzee; 27.) The plan; 28.) The hammock; 29.) Nautical noises; 30.) Dream; 31.) Bathtub; 32.) Hench monkey; 33.) "I haven't got a towel"; 34.) Scientists only; 35.) Three elements; 36.) Rubik's Cube; 37.) "Massive lady magnet"; 38.) Baking soda and vinegar; 39.) Ladies fainting; 40.) Award; 41.) "I'm using, Crew, in a 'street sense'"; 42.) The Royal Pardon; 43.) "Your nose is too small for your face"; 44.) "I say, are you two related in some way"; 45.) Stick 'em up; 46.) Smitten; 47.) Trap door; 48.) Note; 49.) Treasure; 50.) Fifty-ninth Avenue; 51.) Pirate of the Year Award; 52.) A technicality; 53.) "Where is Polly"; 54.) Sidewalk vendor; 55.) Royal Zoo; 56.) Secret Dining Society; 57.) Airship; 58.) Tarred and feathered; 59.) Dumbwaiter; 60.) Rescue; 61.) Foamy predicament; 62.) "Bite it, you stupid bird"; 63.) The pardon removed; and 64.) Bonus Scenes during the Ending Credits.


favorite scene:  I liked the opening scene in the royal dining room. The attention to detail was simply awesome.

I liked the "Every time I've entered, I've failed to win. So, by the sheer Law of Maths, I must have a really good chance this time" scene.

I liked the Sea Monster scene, too.

audience reaction:  N/A. I was by my lonesome self.

2nd audience reaction:  There were two brats and five adults in the auditorium with me. And I didn't hear much of a reaction from any of them.

recommendation:  I liked this movie. They really did a great Claymation job of it. Go see it with your little brats.

spoiler alert!  This movie took liberties with History to make itself work. A whale would never survive an impact like that. When the cannonball hit the painting, the canvas didn't get pulled away from its frame. Cutlass Liz ran Peg-Leg Hastings through with a sword during the awards ceremony. Yet, he was shown alive and well near the end of the movie.

fyi:  When they first went on shore on Blood Island, a storefront to the right could be seen with a big sign above it which read: Napoleon Blown-apart. And, to think, I thought that I was the one who originally came-up with this wordplay!

I enjoyed that bit about dunking a cookie 'cause I've done it myself on a number of occasions. And, yes, a piece of cookie would break-off and plop into my cup of coffee, too. Ha, ha, ha.

The Internet version of this movie gives a different reason for the invention of the Airship: "But, mostly, it's for looking down ladies' tops." Hear, hear!

You can use a Baking Soda/Vinegar mixture as a Fire Extinguisher.

Sit around for the Bonus Scenes during the Ending Credits. They have some funny ones.

A disclaimer at the end of the Ending Credits says: "No Dodos were made extinct during the making of this movie."

word of advice:  If you believe, you can achieve.

tidbits:  After the movie today, Monday, April 30th, I headed-off for work. I took the shorter, more direct route thinking that it would get me to work a little bit sooner. But some Cal-Trans workers were trimming the hedges on the Redwood Street over-pass and had to close the right-hand lane to traffic. I ended-up being two minutes late for work! There's got to be a "Murphy's Law" somewhere in there ....

After work, I told Edward, a co-worker of mine, that I had a craving for Sushi and that I'd go eat it at the Empire Chinese Buffet in Vallejo, CA.

By the way, the Chinese owner's hot and sexy daughter doesn't work there anymore. No wonder I've been gradually losing my craving for Chinese food.

Anyway ...

After I was assigned my seat at the buffet, I went to the men's room to wash my hands first. The Mongolian Stir-Fryer/Sushi Maker was in there washing his hands with soap and water.

That's a good sign, I said to myself. I can trust this guy to make some Sushi for me.

Then, he went to use the urinal!

Wait! What ...? Ah, shouldn't he be washing his hands after doing his "bit-of-business" at the urinal--not before?

The thought of Sushi with pubic hair all over it bounced around in my head. Yuck!

I ate Chinese food, instead.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment