Thursday, February 15, 2024

LISA FRANKENSTEIN

I went to see this yesterday, February 13th, 2024, a 5 Dollar All Day Tuesday, at the Regal Edwards Fairfield & I-Max, after I watched OUT OF DARKNESS. The price of admission was $5.00. And I bought a Large tub of Popcorn for $5.40. I brought a stick of Wyler's Light Zero Sugar Island Punch to flavor my Aquafina bottled water. I also brought my own special, secret popcorn seasoning blend that I made myself. It's savory πŸ˜‹ and somewhat spicy! πŸ₯΅

Auditorium 8, C-12


SCENE COMMENTARIES: 

This movie, set in 1989, is somewhat like a Horror Comedy version of the 1985 movie, DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN.

I never saw this movie nor would I
want to! Because madonna had
a bad influence on two girls
that I know from around
the time when she
became famous.

The tanning bed reminds me so much of a Panini press sandwich maker. Towards the movie's end is when I realized that I was right. πŸ‘Œ


My friend Soberund has a Panini press for sale in his on-line store:

www.soberundgoodes.com

Prospective US πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡² and πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Canadian buyers can find them in the Kitchenware & Appliances collection. 

That was quite a distance traveled to the party! Did she, or did she not, walk back home? 

Why did Lisa have a closet full of men's clothes and shoes? 🀷‍♂️

How did the "creature" learn how to drive a car?

As for the other things wrong with this movie, let's just say that all of the science courses that I took in college makes it hard for this movie to suspend my disbelief--which is what movies are supposed to do❗ Attention, Whollyweird: You Only Have One Job And That Is To Suspend Your Moviegoers' Disbelief❗❗ That's it❗❗❗Why do you keep failing at such a simple, SINGLE Job❓🀷‍♂️❓🀦‍♂️❓

The Pinay American actress Liza Soberano, who plays the role of Taffy, Is The Only Reason Why I Went To See This Movie! I've heard of her but never saw her on the Big ( or small ) Screen before now. She reminds me so much of a classmate of mine back in elementary school in Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines. This girl, whose name is Joy, has the same kind of eyes as Liza's. She was also very beautiful with her twinkly eyes and dimpled smile. But knowing that I would be immigrating with my siblings to the USA soon made me obsess with all things--and girls--that are European American! Had I known then what I know now, I would have pursued and courted her; especially since I seem to have met with her mother's approval! Now that I've spent the better part of my life here in the States, I've come to appreciate what is meant by the proverb on unrealized love, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." And what is meant by Shakespeare's Juliete when she said, "Parting is such sweet sorrow ...." ☹️  But I should not even quote Tennyson's, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all," since I never even got THE Chance to share joy with Joy at all!  πŸ˜’πŸ’”πŸ˜­ ( Did I just add a line to Tennyson's poem? 😏 )

Because the surname Soberano is the Spanish word for Sovereign, I asked Soberund if that is what his name means. He said that his father Mr. Goode Sr. gave it to him to uphold and to treasure. Mr. Goode Sr. was a verbally and physically abusive alcoholic at some point in his life. One day, he finally realized what he was doing to himself and, more importantly, to his pregnant wife so decided to quit drinking alcohol, Cold-Turkey❗ He never touched the stuff ever again so as to serve as a good role model to his own future son. So, he came up with the name of Soberund ( phonetically pronounced, Sew Bee Roond ) for his newborn son. It means, "Sober and ...."  It's a fitting name, I must say not only because my friend's last name is Goode but also because Soberund grew up morally upright, in keeping with his promise to his father! πŸ‘

TIDBITS:

I went for a walk after watching OUT OF DARKNESS and before seeing this movie.

I was walking when I took this picture of a
parked car across the street from the
Cineplexes' parking lot. The car is
surrounded by 6 police cars. I
am sorry for the blurriness
of the photo because I
didn't stop when I
shot it.πŸ“±
πŸ™„


I got the Blood Draw & Urine Test results back late this evening. My Thyroid, Prostate, Electrolytes, Cholesterol and Triglycerides are all normal. My Hgb A1C is at 6.9 which is 1.3 above normal; but it's going down because it was at 13.5 at one time in September 2020! 

My Albumin to Creatinine ratio is high. As well as my Protein to Creatinine ratio. But I suspect that it's because I don't really drink that much water each day! I usually have between 5 to 7 cups of water each day. I'll try drinking 10 to 12 cups between now and my next Lab Tests in May or June.

An Iranian doctor discovered that many
diseases can be cured simply by 
drinking plenty of water.
I'll see if it's really
true! πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘
The doctor's name is
Batmanghelidj.


I have an appointment with my cardiologist on April 3rd. I'm interested in knowing what my new BNP Score will be. I hope that it will be lower, if not back to normal!  🀞

-------

Now, for today's winners of the highly competitive 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race. Drumroll πŸ₯ please ....

Congratulations, Singapore on

your 1st place win!

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‡πŸ†πŸŽ†πŸŽŠ

πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ₯‡πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬

❗❗

🍾

Congratulations, Hong Kong on

your 2nd place win!

πŸ‡­πŸ‡°πŸ₯ˆπŸ‡­πŸ‡°

❗❗

Congratulations, USA on

your 3rd place win!

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ₯‰πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

❗❗

And, lastly, congratulations to

Germany on your 4th

place win!

πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺπŸ…πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

❗❗

πŸ₯³

Thanks to all countries that took part in this extreme 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race to the Finish Line! 🏁 πŸ›£️ 🏎️

*