Monday, April 2, 2012

MIRROR, MIRROR PG ( 1 hr & 46 min )



Quickie Review:  In this retelling of a fairy tale classic, Snow White ( Lily Collins ) is exiled from her kingdom which is run by her stepmother, the Evil Queen ( Julia Roberts ), in the absence of her long-lost father, the King ( Sean Bean ). Seven outcast midgets help Snow White fight for her birthright and for her handsome Prince ( Armie Hammer ).

I went to see the 5:55 p.m. show today, Sunday, April 1st, 2012, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO here in Vallejo, CA, because this theatre is a sister-theatre of CINE-ARTS @ PLEASANT HILL in Pleasant Hill, CA. I had a hunch that they might have some THREE STOOGES Collectible Icee Cups available. I was right! Here it is:

I took this photo in the men's room after watching the movie. I had it filled with half Raspberry and half Cherry Icee flavors. It only comes in one selection with all of the Three Stooges on it.

The audience really enjoyed this Family/Fantasy Movie. But, contrary to what I expected, it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie, too. Go take your brats to see this movie.

My favorite scenes were ...

The Beauty Treatment,
The Corset,
The Prince vs. Princess Sword Fight,
The Puppets on Strings--this might be a little scary for the little brats,
The Beast--not so scary for the little brats,
and The "Bollywood-Style Song and Dance" at the End of the Movie.

Here are the things that I found wrong in this movie: They were out in the snow but I didn't see any breath condensation, at all, during their exhalations. The prince didn't feel the cold. Cold, snowy weather is enough to make anyone's nipples hard and pointy--the prince's nipples weren't! ( Not that I was paying any attention to them, mind you. ) They didn't have rubber/latex gloves back then. The brush used for the Queen's "beauty treatment" looked like a pastry brush made in the last century. The midgets' winter hide-out essentially had no roof--it shouldn't have looked warm and cozy. That waterfall under the bridge is not geologically possible.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment