Saturday, April 14, 2012

THE THREE STOOGES, PG ( 1 hr & 32 min )


where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Friday, April 13th, 2012
show:  12:01 a.m.
costs:  $11.00 Ticket + $1.00 3.1 oz Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites


( bought at The Dollar Tree Store and smuggled-in ) + $4.75 small 30.0 oz Zero Sprite = $16.75
auditorium:  15
seat:  4th row, 4th seat

2nd time










where:  UA EMERY BAY STADIUM 10 in Emeryville, CA
when:  Tuesday, April 24th, 2012
show:  12:40 p.m. ( Five-Dollar All-Day Tuesday Special and Two-Dollar Small Popcorn Tuesday with a Regal Movie Watcher Rewards Card )
costs: $10.00 Ticket ( for two ) + $4.00 large Popcorn ( $2.00 Upgrade ) + $4.75 small 30.0 oz Sprite + $4.75 small 30.0 oz Diet Coke + $5.00 Carquinez Bridge Toll = $28.50
auditorium:  7
seat:  5th row, 6th seat


synopsis/overview:  The Three Stooges, Curly ( Will Sasso ), Moe ( Chris Diamantopoulos ) and Larry ( Sean Hayes ), end-up on a TV reality show after learning of a murder plot while trying to save their childhood orphanage.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) "Angels from Heaven"; 2.) Playing doctor; 3.) Adoptive parents; 4.) Bad idea; 5.) Cheese; 6.) Bad news; 7.) Ladder; 8.) "Doughnut remover"; 9.) "I told you there's too much iron in the water"; 10.) "Hey, look! Some wise guy's roughing-up the Sisters"; 11.) "Senior Ratlips"; 12.) "That's Australian for beer"; 13.) "Pure of heart and dim of wit"; 14.) "I'm gonna let it shine"; 15.) Bicycle tow; 16.) "Will Wirk For 830,000 Bucks"; 17.) Coma Toes; 18.) "That was not the plan"; 19.) Hospital; 20.) Hospital nursery room; 21.) "I'm smothering him in onions"; 22.) A miracle; 23.) Hospital laundry room; 24.) Fire hose; 25.) Teddy ( Kirby Heyborne ); 26.) Seed money; 27.) "They look like a lot of fun"; 28.) Salmon farm; 29.) Battering ram; 30.) "How dare you accuse me of having pride"; 31.) "You messed it up for all of us"; 32.) "Ice Kreem, Kreem, Sour Kreem"; 33.) Polar bear exhibit; 34.) Lion enclosure; 35.) Dolphin pool; 36.) TV episode; 37.) "Now I got a hole in my head"; 38.) "No medical insurance"; 39.) Ring tone; 40.) TV show; 41.) "He wouldn't go without us"; 42.) Picture; 43.) "Are you kidding me, there's three of them"; 44.) Poodles; 45.) "Where's your manners"; 46.) "Jumbotron"; 47.) Lobster; 48.) "The Kardashian girls"; 49.) "Balloon popper"; 50.) Teddy's room; 51.) Heir; 52.) Fart; 53.) New home; 54.) Three kids; 55.) Advisory at the start of the Ending Credits; and 56.) Bonus Song and Dance Scene near the end of the Ending Credits.

favorite scenes:  I liked the Doughnut Remover scene because it was so stupid!

And I liked the "Snooki-getting-poked-in-the-eyes" scene because I cannot stand the sight of her! Honestly ....

audience reaction:  The audience liked it.  But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked it simply because I was a big fan of the original Three Stooges TV show. These three actors did a fine job of filling-in such "big shoes". If you're a Three Stooges fan, you have to see this.

spoiler alert! Nobody would leave a Bow and Arrow set displayed outside of a store, and unwatched. That arrow sure took a long time coming down. Why didn't she see them in her car's rear-view mirror? Why didn't the laundry ladies turn-off their irons? Where did they get the money to buy all of those fish? The guy whose head got stapled didn't react appropriately. Don't tell me that the TV executive didn't see the other two stooges during the "audition". If that fart was strong enough to create such an explosion, they'd all be dead because the blast would suck-up all the air in that enclosed space, including the air in their lungs, for ignition to occur.

The Sister-Bernice-( Kate Upton )-Coming-Out-Of-The-Swimming-Pool scene is not in the movie! Bummer ....

Enjoy this blurry image of Sister Bernice which I downloaded from the Internet for your "personal"--Ahem!--enjoyment.

fyi:  I remember back when my family and I lived at an apartment complex in Matina, Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines. My neighborhood friends and I would play outside in the yard in the afternoon but only until one of us would call the others in so we could all watch The Three Stooges on TV. We just loved watching their slapstick comedy and silly stunts.

My favorite Three Stooges show is the one in which they worked for an Ice Delivery Service. They had a customer whose house was at the top of a very steep hill. They had to climb up so many steps in the really hot weather so that by the time they got to the top of the hill and at the customer's door, the ice block would have melted down to the size of an ice cube. And no matter how many times they would try to deliver a whole block of ice to the customer, it would always get melted down to the size of an ice cube by the time they got it up to the top of the hill. Finally getting fed-up with it, Curly just plopped the ice cube in the--understandably--impatient lady's tall glass of lemonade! The whole thing was just so funny to me back then.

Of the three brothers, Moe, Shemp and Curly, Curly was considered the handsomest. He had to have his hair shaved-off to downplay his good looks.

Supposedly, at the height of the original Three Stooges' fame, a number of kids were blinded because their eyes got poked-out in imitation of Moe's stunt. So, I was a little bit concerned when I found out that Hollywood came up with this movie. I just hope that the Farrelly Brothers' advisory at the end of the movie will serve to prevent such a serious injury from happening this time around.

About 10 years ago, a boy died here in Benicia, CA, because somebody dared him to dive under a street sweeper truck in motion.

A street sweeper truck, 1995 Ford C8000. This image is from the Internet.

word of advice:  Let "the-kid-in-you" come out and play once in a while.

tidbits:  While I was waiting in line at the concessions counter to buy my soda, the stocky, shaved-head man in front of me ( who was holding an empty popcorn tub and an empty large soda cup ) and I got to talking about THE THREE STOOGES, a movie that he, too, was about to see. He sounded Hispanic, based on his slight accent. He was in line for free refills. And he was there with his kids who were on school vacation, but they were in another auditorium ( he showed me his movie tickets ). And his whole family had already seen an earlier show and were now seeing midnight shows--I think that they all snuck back in for "freebies". I think that way because the man said somebody had told him that THE THREE STOOGES movie was gonna be shown in auditorium 6, also--which was kind of doubtful. I told him that I was seeing the movie in auditorium 15.

Anyway, as I made my way to auditorium 15, the man was there at the door and waiting for me. He offered to share his popcorn with me. I politely declined, telling him that I had a bag of snack with me. Besides, the image of the Popcorn Tub from the last movie that I saw, AMERICAN REUNION, was still fresh in my mind! Ha, ha, ha.

2nd tidbits:  I took Hector, my friend, to see this movie because I promised him months ago that I was gonna take him to see his two long-lost brothers, Moe and Larry. Ha, ha, ha.

At first, I hoped to take his wife and, at least, one of his sons with us. But his wife was sick. And both of his sons were busy doing something else and didn't want to find the time to see their two "uncles"!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment