Friday, June 7, 2024

THE LITTLE MERMAID ( 1975 )

I started watching this movie just a few minutes before Friday, June 7th, 2024, in bed 🛏️ via my cellphone's 🤳 TUBI Streaming App.



Scene Commentaries:

This animation movie is the closest to the Hans Christian Andersen children's story. Unlike woke Whollyweird's dizzy-knee interpretations. And, No, I never saw any of the dizzy-knee versions! In fact, if a movie is "woke" dizzy-knee made, I refuse to go see it--even any of the joint ventures with pick-czar❗

At the 25-minute mark, Princes Marina's father put a Pearl Floral jewelry over her left ear as a symbol of her transition to womanhood. In Hawaiian culture, having a flower over the left ear means the woman is spoken for or already married; in Fijian culture, it is just the opposite.  😕  I think that the animators knew this. Which is the reason why they deliberately put the floral jewelry on either of The Little Mermaid's ears.  🤔

This is not a children's fairytale movie at all, in more ways than one! Your little brats will not like watching this movie.  🧐

Tidbits:

I completed my Thursday walk just about half an hour before midnight.

6.97 kilometers 
6.71 km

I had in mind to do some errands earlier; but I had just done exfoliating, sanding and moisturizing my foot calluses. I'll have to be gentle on my feet for a few hours before I can do some distance walking.

-------

Here are today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race winners.  Drumroll  🥁  please ....

Congratulations to Hong Kong for 
winning in 1st place!
🎉🎆🏆🎇🎊
🇭🇰🥇🇭🇰
❗❗
🍾
Congratulations to Israel for 
winning in 2nd place!
🇮🇱🥈🇮🇱
❗❗
Congratulations to The United States 
for winning in 3rd place!
🇺🇸🥉🇺🇲
❗❗
And congratulations to Germany for 
winning in 4th place!
🇩🇪🏅🇩🇪
❗❗

Thanks to the countries that took part in today's 24-Hour Race to the Finish!  🏁       🛣️       🏎️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment