Wednesday, June 5, 2024

IN A VIOLENT NATURE

I went to see this movie here in Vallejo, CA at the Century 14, today, June 4th, 2024, an All Day Bargain Tuesday. The price of admission was $6.50. I brought a Margaritaville Strawberry Daiquiri Singles To Go packet to flavor my iced 20 oz ( 591 ml ) bottle of Dasani Water. And I also brought with me a SlimFast Keto Strawberry Topped Cheesecake mini snack bar and a Ratio Keto Friendly Toasted Almond Crunchy Bar for lunch.

Auditorium 3, B-6

Scene Commentaries:

The necklace.  😐

Before I continue further, here are the 3 trope cliches that I see repeatedly in horror/slasher movies: No dogs when they are sorely needed, victims lack Peripheral Vision and "slow as molasses" killers! 😒  Also, don't ever venture into the wilderness unprepared and unarmed because it's not a G-rated, kid-friendly dizzy-knee environment to find yourself in--and remember what I said recently about having a snake bite kit in your emergency pack❗😉❗

Okay, so here goes ....

Approximately 65% to 75% of this movie 👉Is WASTED👈 on following the slow-moving killer in the woods. It's as if this length of time is used to think up what to do or how to handle the next victim. 😕  Obviously, no brainstorming session was even added to the production of this low budget movie. As if this wasted time is not enough, there isn't even any music to accompany the "suspenseful" 🥱 scenes!

The old fart victim knew the lay of the land, and even had trail markers set in place. Yet, somehow, he still managed to get himself ensnared in his own bear trap❗🤦‍♂️❗

Probably the only noteworthy scene in this movie was when the 2nd victim's top part of the head was thrown through a glass window and it landed right side up! 👌

Why did yoga 🧘🏼‍♀️ girl just stand there when it was safe enough for her to slide herself down the long embankment❓

Back about 9 years ago, I was walking in the trail section of Dan Foley Park when I arrived at the embankment and noticed something at the lake shore which caught my interest. I started walking down the embankment for a closer look when I lost my footing on the loose gravel and hyper-flexed my bad left knee❗😖❗And I didn't have my Articulated Knee Brace on because I forgot to put it on before I left my condo. 🤦‍♂️  And I thought that nothing bad was going to happen to my knee! Oh, boy, did I ever think incorrectly!!  🙄  It was one long and painful walk for me out of the trail!!!  😣

The killer's eyes are clouded-over but he can still see with them?!?!?!  👨‍🦯

Why didn't the ranger call for emergency back-up ❓🤷‍♂️❗🤦‍♂️❓

Why didn't the shotgun-toting ranger shoot out the killer's arms and legs when he had plenty of time to do so?  🤷‍♂️  After all, the ranger knew that the killer died years before; and making it Deader than DEAD should not even be up for a moral discussion. There was also a handy axe 🪓 nearby that could have been used for such a job, too!  REMEMBER: Neutralize A Threat As Best You Can As Soon As Possible❗

Okay, the killer is supposedly learning-disabled and, based on his origin, never was around machinery long enough to learn to operate any such machinery! Yet, The Killer Was Able To Easily Identify & Operate A Log Splitter❗🙄❗

Why in HELL did the last victim stand well within striking distance of the killer❓🤷‍♂️❗

It's time for me to reword the Lizzie Borden poem:

Killer Johnny took an axe, gave the victim 40 whacks! Once he liked what he had done, gave the victim 'nother 41❗🪓❗

The woman stood frozen on the spot as if she was thinking to herself, "Nope, I ain't having any of this sh!t❗" 

The boring story told in the truck almost made me fall asleep!  😔

This movie was made with just one thing in mind: Make it gory simply for the sake of gore. And you'd be braindead to expect more of this movie!  👎

In fact, the other Canadian movie that I recently saw, LOWLIFES, is better than this one!  👍

This movie was filmed in the Canadian side of Sault ( pronounced: "Soo" ) Sainte Marie.

The red dot that I made above the 
Sault Sainte Marie name was
where we dined & stayed 
for the evening.

My eldest sister and her late husband ( along with my then little niece ) took me to The United States' side of Sault Sainte Marie back in 2005 ( almost 19 years ago ), during my 1st ever trip to Michigan. We stayed the night at a motel. It was also the very 1st time that I had Fish & Chips!  😋

The Soo Locks is where boats from Canada and from The United States are put in an enclosure where the water level is then lowered ( from the Canadian side ) and raised ( from The United States side ) for the boats to travel to and from "Canada's" Lake Superior to "The United States'" Lake Huron. The word, Sault ( pronounced: "Soo" ) is French for Falls or Rapids. And which is why they put a boat enclosure, i.e. Locks, in place to raise or lower the water level depending on which country a boat needs to travel to.

You can stand at the river bank of Sault Saint Marie and can see the Canadians across the river. You could even converse with them if you wanted to--in English! My sister's late husband quipped that if he ever drove their SUV across the border, he wouldn't be checked for a passport but we would have to be checked!  😁 😁 😁

It was a cold afternoon in late September or in late October when we watched the Soo Locks in operation. It's the # 1 tourist attraction in the quaint US town of Sault Sainte Marie.  😏  And, boy, was it cold---My butt was freezing!  🥶  After that experience, I would make sure to wear thermal or fleece underpants whenever I'd vacation during the cold season in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  😀 

Tidbit:

Claudio, the Jason Momoa lookalike was there. He asked me what movie that I was there to see. I told him that I was about to see IN A VIOLENT NATURE. He thought that it seemed like an '80s slasher flick. I told him I'll let him know what I think about the movie later on.

I did a little bit of walking around the parking 🅿️ lot before my next movie started. And I did get around to telling Claudio that this horror movie majorly sucked Big Time❗🧐👎❗

-------

Here are the 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race winners. Drumroll  🥁  please ....


Congratulations to Hong Kong for 
winning in 1st place!
🎉🎇🏆🎆🎊
🇭🇰🥇🇭🇰
❗❗
🍾
Congratulations to Israel for 
winning in 2nd place!
🇮🇱🥈🇮🇱
❗❗
Congratulations to The United States 
for winning in 3rd place!
🇺🇲🥉🇺🇸
❗❗

Thanks to the nations that competed in today's 24-Hour Race to the Finish!   🏁       🛣️       🏎️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment