Thursday, May 23, 2024

BACK TO BLACK

This is the 2nd movie that I saw yesterday, May 21st, 2024, at the Regal Edwards Fairfield & I-Max, An All Day Bargain Tuesday. The price of admission was $5.50.

Auditorium 6, C-10

A few more people showed
up minutes later.

Scene Commentaries:

First off, I never was a fan of Amy Winehouse. The only time that I listened to her music was on the rare occasions that it would be playing on my car radio as I'd change the stations. Or whenever I was in an establishment where her music was being played in the background.

With that said, "Fly Me To The Moon," is one of my favorite songs.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't smoke marijuana and NEVER had even tried it. But I do know that its strong scent would linger on in a room where it was smoked. Her father didn't even have to ask if her visitor smoked some weed.

Her father suggested that she should go along with her management's suggestion about having a "Stage Presence." I didn't know that her own grandmother helped her to have the Iconic Look that she is remembered for. But it seems that her hairdresser was The One who created the caricature Bee Hive look, after all:


๐Ÿ‘‰ https://www.lofficielusa.com/beauty/amy-winehouse-iconic-beehive-hair-hairdresser


The fateful meeting at the pub with The Shangri-Las fan. He acted like he could be Amy's "lady boy." ๐Ÿ˜€

I didn't know that she suffered from anxiety and seizures.  ๐Ÿ˜•

What a toxic, drug fueled love-hate relationship she had with her husband. So tragic, so sad ....  ๐Ÿ™

"Dad, take me to rehab." If only she took it more seriously, though.  ๐Ÿ˜

In a way, I feel bad for the paparazzi and the news reporters. They're just simply doing their jobs even if they have to ask pointed, painful questions at times to get an exclusive scoop. But how many celebrities are considerate enough to realize and acknowledge this? Keanu Reeves is the only one that I know of who seems to play nice with the paparazzi and the news reporters.  ๐Ÿ˜•

It was such a pleasant surprise for me to see Tony Bennett at the Grammys announcing Amy Winehouse's win.  ๐Ÿ˜Š


๐Ÿ‘‰ https://youtu.be/rb8O7Qixp9E?si=ceqHm1M_cv8SRu3k

On a different topic ....

๐Ÿ‘‰ https://www.reuters.com/article/idUS2540348033/


It's sad to have such a talented singer pass away so soon.  RIP  ๐Ÿ™


To properly channel Amy, Marisa had to learn how to sing from scratch:  ๐Ÿ˜ฒ


๐Ÿ‘‰ https://6abc.com/post/actress-marisa-abela-learned-to-sing-for-amy-winehouse-role-in-back-black/14827694/


This movie checks off the boxes ✅ that woke Whollyweird requires of an Oscar contender. Just like BOHEMIAN RAPHSODY ( 2018 ). We shall see next year whether or not I am right.

Tidbits:

Okay, I did say recently that a young Prince Charles looks like Amy Winehouse. Now, after looking at real pictures of her, her look more resembles that of a love child of Prince Charles & Eva Mendes. 'Just saying ....  ๐Ÿ˜• 

It was a hot afternoon when the movie ended. I got in my car and slightly rolled down both front windows, and opened wide the driver's side door. I started the engine and turned on the air conditioner. Presently, a black boy on a bicycle came by and asked me for 50 cents. I gave him 56 cents.

I got on the freeway and wondered why it was taking so long for my car cabin to get colder. When I glanced down at the temperature controls, I realized that I also had the heater on! ๐Ÿคฆ‍♂️ Holy shades of brandon, Batman!! This is starting to worry me!! I mean, seriously now❗ ๐Ÿฅบ

On my way home, between the Discovery Kingdom/Marine World Amusement Park on Fairgrounds Drive here in Vallejo, approximately 100 yards/meters from the corner of Sereno Drive, I saw in my rearview mirror a black SUV 3 cars behind mine that tried to pass all 4 cars on a double solid yellow lines ( illegal to do so ) and almost got into a head-on collision with an approaching red car! The idiot swerved back into the lane THEN decided to make a U-Turn to chase after the car that he almost hit! But he didn't have the room to make an easy turn because Fairgrounds Drive, in this section, has only a single lane going in each direction. So, the blm idiot just managed to block both sides of the traffic. I say blm because the crazy drivers here in sanctuary city vallejo cut you off on the left side if the asshole drivers are blm and cut you off on the right side if the asshole drivers are illegal aliens! Like I said, stereotypical LOW-LIFE criminal behavior❗๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ‘Ž

When I got home, I took a much-needed, EXTENDED afternoon nap because of my early morning appointment at the courthouse! ๐Ÿ˜ด ๐Ÿ’ค ๐Ÿ˜ช

I installed another Pedometer app on my Nokia cellphone. It's the same one that I installed on my emergency cellphone. It will be easier this way to compare the 2 pedometers on one 'phone instead of having to carry both 'phones with me.๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

I logged in 8,446 steps on my Cloud Mobile C7 emergency cellphone's pedometer for 298.1 Kcal burned, in 01:15:51 time for 3.6 mi/5.8 km.

I'm about to go to bed with a bloated feeling. I've been feeling bloated since Sunday because I've been drinking milk and eating cheese daily. So, I had my last ⅓ glass of dairy this morning. We'll see how long it will take for my bloatedness to go away. Then, I'll stop drinking milk ๐Ÿฅ› and drastically cut back on eating cheese ๐Ÿง€--even though I love eating cheese so much!

I have to write a job rรฉsumรฉ before I go to bed ๐Ÿ›️. I once was a Dental Laboratory Technician and was considered the best in my specialty in Contra Costa County. I'm interested in getting back in the profession because of the poor quality in craftsmanship that I've seen these newer batches of technicians churn out! Their works would never pass my inspection❗๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ‘€❗ There might be a specific kind of dental lab here in Vallejo that could use my skillful talent. I'll call the dental office sometime today after I wake up.

I couldn't call the dental office because I was trying to get a hold of the Solano County Health Services and they put me on hold for about 30 minutes! That's "big government" for you!  ๐Ÿ˜’  And I had to go someplace.  

I'll call the dental office tomorrow. Then, I'll make a copy of my rรฉsumรฉ to drop off at the office.

-------

Here are today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race winners. Drumroll ๐Ÿฅ please ....

Congratulations to Hong Kong for 
winning in 1st place!
๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿ†๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽŠ
๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ฐ
❗❗
๐Ÿพ
Congratulations to Israel for 
winning in 2nd place!
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿฅˆ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ
❗❗
Congratulations to the USA 
for winning in 3rd place!
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿฅ‰๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
❗❗
And congrats to China, Germany,
the United Kingdom and
Morocco for all tying
in 4th place!
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
❗๐Ÿ…❗
❗❗

Let's all give ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆMorocco๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ a warm welcome back after being absent from my blogsite for many years! ๐Ÿค— 

Thanks to the countries that participated in today's 24-Hour Race to the Finish!  ๐Ÿ    ๐Ÿ›ฃ️    ๐ŸŽ️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment