Thursday, May 16, 2024

SHINDA SHINDA NO PAPA

This is the 2nd movie which I saw yesterday, May 14th, 2024, at the Regal Edwards Fairfield & I-Max, a $5.50 All Day Tuesday. The price of admission was $5.50. I went to the Concessions Counter to get a half refill on my Popcorn. I told the Concessions employee about the Star Wars movie, how it was the very 1st movie shown at the theatre 25 years ago, and where I sat to watch the movie.

Auditorium 1, C-9

Scene Commentaries:

The Western Way vs The Punjabi Way of raising kids. They are very different from each other. Coming from the Philippines, I can relate to this. I don't condone Child Abuse, mind you. But, if I were to have my own children someday, I'd prefer that they be raised in the Philippines! Most of my nephews and nieces here in the USA think that they are better because of their college INDOCTRINATION!! They have no respect for their Elders at all!!! My siblings and I weren't like that to our Elders in the Philippines❗

That birthday boy better hope and pray that the 2 adult men that he disrespected by calling them Indians Are Not Khalistani Extremists❗ That's about THE Worst Insult that you could ever use on a diasporic Khalistani Sikh❗😡❗The father of the spoiled brat should have slapped some sense into his offspring---and to HELL with what the "law" dictates on the proper way of SPOILING--not raising--children!

That kids game, Gulli Danda, is similar to the Pilipino kids game that we Bisayans call, Shatung! So, who introduced it to whom? 🤔 The only difference is that the Punjabi kids play it on dirt roads but Pinoy kids play it on Asphalt roads! If you ever go to the Philippines and notice lots of potholes in Asphalt roads, now you know why! 😏

If you go to an extended family reunion, take pen & paper with you to write ✍️ down everyone's name! 😁

Grampa got bitch-slapped! 😄

If they don't mind getting slapped in the face, christian missionaries should explain to them the virtue of "Turning The Other Cheek" so that they will feel comfortable about switching religions!  😕

SIRI & google have an Iconoclastic Agenda in their quest for a One World Government!  😱

I often wondered why their outdoor bed has a different woven pattern at one end.  🤔 

But now I know!
👌  🙂  👍
 

Don't they have 🦟 mosquitoes 🦟 in Punjab, though?  🤔 

In Makhan's fantasy, exasperated parents from Canada and Australia give him wads and wads of US Dollar$---Why?  🤷‍♂️

"You just told me." 😐

The Forced Marriage!  😄

The Kids' Revolution! ✊

I knew that the accident was going to happen ❗Am I becoming psychic or are movies becoming more predictable ❓ 🤔 

In that scene with the foot injury, a Puncture wound with a nail would have been more believable than the deep Slash wound caused by the broken bottle that penetrated deep enough to hit the bone since it wasn't attended to for many hours! Based on my experience with Diabetic Foot Ulcer, the deep Slash wound would have needed an amputation; because in such a rural setting, Clostridium tetani is just one of an assortment of microbial sources of SERIOUS INFECTIONS found in dirt! In my own case, I spent half a day in the emergency room!! But the father spent 2 days which was 4X that of my recovery period!!! I was put on a 3-cocktail of antibiotics: Amoxicillin, Doxycycline and Rocephin❗ I ended up with Diarrhea and Edema for many months❗❗Because of it, my Kidneys were damaged by the Edema❗❗❗ And it has taken almost 3 years for my Kidney functions to start normalizing again. What I'm saying is that he shouldn't have been able to recover so easily from his infection which was 4X more serious than mine was!

Guru Nanak based his religion on the belief that there's only one God, "Ik Onkar." When is the religious world going to add Sikhism to the 3 other monotheistic religions?

Don't Perpetuate A Wrong Just Because It Has Been Done In Each Previous Generation❗

Tidbits:

After the movie, I had a conversation with a bearded white man. I see him from time to time at this Cineplex. He is a confirmed Cinemaphile❗He said that if he combined all the movie credits of all of his Regal Movie Rewards Cards, he would have earned over 3 million points by now❗🤯❗And all the reward card credits that I had in my wallet was a measley 24,655 points because the popcorn used up 20,000 points❗🙁❗😕❗

At one point, I had almost a million points on my movie rewards card! But that was back in the pre-covid years!! The graphs for my older posts reached their highest points in mid-2017!!! And in 2018, my blogsite rapidly started losing readerships from over 150 countries❗ What changed aside from the covid PLANdemic's "shelter in place while we let ILLEGALS & JIHADISTS in" was that the DEMON-crats CHEATED their way back into office and started clamping down on Free Speech with the help of Butt-Hurt "feelings" Fake News Media❗🤬❗

Anyway ....

This bearded white man named Tim sees about a dozen movies EACH Week. And he even travels more than 75 miles/121 km roundtrip just to see movies❗ Because he loves movies W-A-Y More Than I Do❗❗I'm just glad that his movie-watching addiction doesn't afford him the time to have his own movie blogsite Or I Will Have Some Serious Competition To Have To Deal With❗❗❗

One my way home, I went in search of the parking 🅿️ lot for the county courthouse. I scouted the neighborhood around 1:00 a.m. The directions on the summons card stated that I should turn on Pennsylvania Avenue until I get to the designated parking lot. But there is roadwork on that intersection which might still be busy next Tuesday. 


On Tuesday of next week, I will have to make
a left from Texas Street at either Webster 
or Jefferson Street and turn right on
Empire Street. May the Force be
with me and Jedi mind trick
the "judge" into excusing 
me from the biased
Kangaroo Court 
jurors' pool!

At the top of this map is the Library 
Foundation where a local Star
Trek cosplay meeting took
place  many years ago.
I checked it out. The
7 of 9  cosplayer
won the contest!
Obviously. 😏
What "implants" are they talking 
about exactly?  😜  I never 
watched the TV show!

The only thing that would motivate me to go to the court next Tuesday is the fact that there's a storied long-time fixture in this area: Joe's Buffet! It's a famous local hang-out that is open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Saturday. I've always wanted to check it out! It's also the go-to place for court judges and staff!! 👎 The "judge" that I must appear before better not be there or I'll lose my lunch!!!  🤮

For my predawn supper, I had a cheese sandwich and some Ube Chips because of Obi-Wan Kenobi. 😉

The  nutrition  label on  this  one was
prepared by  someone  with good 
common sense because it lists
its serving size by weight, not 
by "pieces" like what is on
the Sweet  Potato  and
Taro Thins which 
I tried a few 
days ago.

Then I realized that I brought the wrong shaker container with me! Instead of my homemade Popcorn Seasoning Mix, I brought my homemade Coffee Creamer Mix to the movies with me❗🤦‍♂️❗Duh ....  🥴  I color-coded them so that I don't bring the wrong one with me: Orange cap for popcorn and Yellow cap for coffee. Still .... 🙄 Lesson Time: Check ✅ the cap before rushing out the door!

-------

Today, Thursday, May 16th, 2024, I had to go to the Indian Bazaar on Sonoma Boulevard to buy my favorite herbal toothpaste: Dant Kanti.

I ask the owners' son if he has already 
seen this Shinda Shinda movie. He
hasn't seen it yet but his mom
has. I asked them if Shinda
is actually Gippy's son.
They said that he is
but the actress
who plays  the role of  the mother
isn't the real mother.  And I asked
them if kids are actually spanked
in Punjab. Yes, they  are. Just like
in the  Philippines, I said.  And we
grew  up respecting our elders.
Unlike here in the USA, I added.

I drove across the street to get some gas ⛽ for my Saturn SC-1. Because the Low Gas symbol came on. It's the 1st time in all of my years of driving that the Low Gas symbol ever came on in any of my cars. I usually don't let the gas go this low in the tank because it is bad for the car--or so they say.

Then, it was time for me to go see, KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES ( 2024 ).  🦧 🐵 🦍

-------

Here are today's 24-Hour Le Cine-Man's Race winners. Drumroll 🥁 please ....

Congratulations to Hong Kong for 
winning in 1st place!
🎉🎆🏆🎇🎊
🇭🇰🥇🇭🇰
❗❗
🍾
Congratulations to Israel for 
winning in 2nd place!
🇮🇱🥈🇮🇱
❗❗
Congratulations to the USA for
winning in 3rd place!
🇺🇸🥉🇺🇲
❗❗
Congratulations to China & Italy 
for tying in 4th place!
🇨🇳🏅🇮🇹
❗❗
And congrats to Germany & India 
for rounding up the Top 5!
🇩🇪🎖️🇮🇳
❗❗

Thanks to the nations that took part in today's 24-Hour Race to the Finish!  🏁    🛣️    🏎️

*

No comments:

Post a Comment