Sunday, March 27, 2011

DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: RODRICK RULES, PG ( 1 hr & 36 min )


where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Saturday, March 26th, 2011
show:  2:15 p.m.
costs:  $9.75 Ticket + $8.54 lunch @ Wendy's Restaurant ( the # 3 meal, up-sized ) = $18.29
auditorium:  13
seat:  5th row, 5th column
   

synopsis/overview:  Greg Heffley ( Zachary Gordon ) just survived 6th Grade and thinks that he has been through the worst of it.  But he's in 7th Grade now; and it's an altogether different kind of  "ball game"  for the hapless kid and his clueless sidekick, Rowley ( Robert Capron ).

noteworthy scenes:  1.)  Swimming pool outcast; 2.) "Perfectly good food just laying around"; 3.) Dancing mom; 4.) Dad to the rescue; 5.) Mom bucks; 6.) "I've got an eye on you"; 7.) Talent show; 8.) Fantasy; 9.) The ride home; 10.) Home video; 11.) "My mom's not in the house"; 12.) At the church; 13.) "Whatever you thought, I already thinked  it"; 14.) Three-way call; 15.) Life of the party; 16.) "See  you  in an hour"; 17.) The door knob; 18.) General Grant; 19.) Deny, deny, deny; 20.) "Sounds to me like lie, lie, lie"; 21.) "Does he know about the d, o, r, e"; 22.) Dinner talk; 23.) The Foot; 24.) "You may be not half as lame as I thought you were"; 25.) Rodrick's ( Devon Bostick ) Rules; 26.) The "Invisible" game; 27.) 100 Years Ago report; 28.) Note; 29.) Loserville; 30.) Art Room; 31.) Fake vomit; 32.) "That's not me"; 33.) "You're my brother but you'll never be my friend"; 34.) Grounded; 35.) This is real life; 36.) Games room; 37.) Shared similarities; 38.) Diary; 39.) Ladies' room; 40.) At the talent show; and 41.) Bonus Scene during the Ending Credits.

audience reaction:  The audience really liked this, even the adults.

recommendation:  I liked this movie, too.  It's a good family movie.

spoiler alert!  Is their mom so absent-minded that she cannot recall how many "mom bucks" she handed out and how many she had to begin with?  I think that I would notice sitting on something like that.  The parents could have asked their neighbors to check-up on their kids while they were gone; or they could  ask  their neighbors if anything happened while they were away. 

fyi:  When I was a Grade One pupil at Notre Dame Elementary School, Boys Department, in Kidapawan, Cotabato, Mindanao, Philippines, everybody picked on me because I was the runt in the class--everyone was two years older than I was because my parents, in their "infinite wisdom", decided to put me in that class without sending me to Nursery School or Kindergarten first.  Our school uniform was a white T-shirt and Khaki shorts with a green stripe on either side.

One day, I, and another pupil, asked to be excused to use the toilet.  Mind you, back then we used crumpled-up newspaper as toilet paper substitute.  As I squatted down  in my stall, the other kid ( who ran out of paper ) reached under the partition and grabbed my shorts then proceeded to wipe his butt with it.  Then, he ran back to the classroom and lied to  the teacher saying that I wiped my butt using my shorts and that I licked my poop  off  of  it!  My teacher,  Mrs. Togon, was so angry that when I  got  back into the classroom, amidst my fellow classmates' boisterous laughter, she ordered  me to go home right away.

I hung my head in shame as I walked out of there.  But I was very angry deep inside of me because the teacher chose to believe in a lie.  No wonder I didn't do well in school.

I will never forget that day.  And if I can remember who that son-of-a-bitch bastard is who pulled that prank on me, I will hunt him down and beat him so bad that he'll end-up crapping in his pants--then, I'll make him lick it!

word of advice:  Don't wear Khaki pants.

The first sign of  guilt is Denial.

tidbits:  I was sent home early from work today--No, not for the same reason as mentioned above.  In all the years that I've worked for the company, this is the first time that I've ever been sent home early.  Maybe I did something bad or the economy is still bad, or both.  Whatever ....  So, I decided to see this movie on my way home just to unwind a bit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment