Thursday, March 17, 2011

LORD OF THE DANCE 3-D, G ( 1 hr & 47 min )


where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Thursday, March 17th, 2011
show:  2:35 p.m.
costs:  $12.00 Ticket + $4.75 small Zero Coke + $9.73 lunch @ Home-Town Buffet ( + $1.00 Tip ) = $27.48
auditorium:  10, with a 3-D screen
seat:  4th row, 8th column

synopsis/overview:  This movie tells an age-old Irish folklore about the battle between Good and Evil, all told through music and dance by a  famous dance troupe on the last leg of their world-wide tour in a performance held in their home turf of  Dublin, Ireland.

audience reaction:  N/A.  There were only three people in the audience, including myself.

recommendation:  If you've never seen traditional Irish step-dancing or are already a fan of it, you have got to see this movie especially since it's just a one-week limited engagement timed to coincide with the St. Patrick's Day celebration.

spoiler alert:  Why were there no redheads among the dancers ...?  I mean ... when I think of Irish, I think of redheads.

fyi:  The dancers in this movie not only move in precision with each other  but also are percussion musical "instruments" that are synchronized harmoniously with all the other musical instruments.

First, Corned Beef & Cabbage at Home-Town Buffet.  Then, LORD OF THE DANCE.  Yup, I think I celebrated St. Patrick's Day well enough--except for the Irish Beer since I don't drink.

My brother's birthday is today, as well as my best friend's daughter.  I had better wish the both of them with a "Happy Birthday."

word of advice:  Music and dance make the world go 'round.

tidbits:  Earlier in the day, I went to Bank of America and to Chase Bank to make deposits.  Then, I went to Postal Annex to drop something off in the mailbox.  And I went to CSAA to make a payment on my car insurance.

Two intersections from the buffet, some idiot cut me off even though I had the right of way!  A curse on that reckless-driver idiot!

I also went to see MARS NEEDS MOMS in I-Max 3-D just because ....

"Happy Saint Patrick's Day!"
"Eirinn go brach"

No comments:

Post a Comment