Thursday, December 1, 2011

ARTHUR CHRISTMAS 3-D, PG ( 1 hr & 40 min )


Quickie Review:  Santa now runs a very "tight ship", all high-tech and super-efficient.  But a minor glitch in the system leaves a Nice child without a Christmas present---Gasp!  As Christmas Eve slowly begins to fade into Christmas Day, panic ensues at Santa's Command Center under the  North Pole until Santa's youngest son, Arthur ( with the help of Grandsanta ), steps-up to save the day.

I liked it, although there were chaotic and complicated scenes involving Multinational Defense Forces all on Red Alert!  The little brats might get alarmed and confused by said scenes.  But the scene wherein the little girl opened-up her Christmas present was an especially touching scene.  Also, the scene in which she saw a glimpse of Santa was a very sweet one.

Unfortunately, I went to see this movie at 8:35 p.m. last night in Fairfield, CA. The last show for the evening, and on a school day, too, for that matter!  So, I found myself all by my lonesome inside the auditorium.  Therefore, I had no way of gauging what the audience reaction to this movie could have been.

Here's what I found wrong about this movie:  The animation quality in this movie is not quite up-to-par with the animation quality of other recent computer animation movies.  But I am not going to pettifog over such trivialities since this is just  a kids' movie.

I really wanted to see this movie at a matinee show today, Thursday, when little brats would most likely be in attendance.  But I have so many things on my To-Do ( Holiday Rush ) List for Today that I cannot possibly squeeze this into my schedule.

Sorry ....

No comments:

Post a Comment