Saturday, December 31, 2011

NEW YEAR'S EVE, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 57 )


Quickie Review:  On New Year's Eve, people gather at Time's Square in New York City to ring in the New Year of New Beginnings as lost loves, dashed hopes and broken promises get their second chances on the most eagerly anticipated night of the year.

The audience was entertained by this Chick Flick.

I liked it enough, although it tended to be corny at times.  Go see this if you like Chick Flicks because this is definitely one such movie.

Here are the things that I found wrong in this movie:  Ingrid ( Michelle Pfeiffer ) rode the scooter side-saddle in her first scooter scene; she rode it astride in her second scooter scene; and she was back to side-saddle style in her third scooter scene.  Why ...?  Police officer Brendan's ( Chris "Ludacris" Bridges ) kids didn't look excited enough at the prospect of spending New Year's Eve with him!  If I win a contest fair and square, there ain't no way that I'm handing my win over to the other guy.  Sam's ( Josh Duhamel ) "mystery woman" was a major puke-inducing let-down ( if you ask me )!

*******************************

Watching this movie made me realize that one of my co-workers bears a resemblance to Katherine Heigl.

I waited until December 30th to watch this movie at it's last evening show, the 10:30 p.m. one, because I wanted it to be New Year's Eve day when I stepped out of the theatre.  I originally had it in mind to watch this tonight, December 31st,  at 10:30 p.m.; but I changed my mind because I have to go to work early tomorrow, a Sunday, January 1st; and I wanted to blog about this movie on the last day of 2011.

"Happy New Year To All Of You Out There!!!"
( Although celebrating the New Year in the dead of Winter instead of in the Spring doesn't make sense to me at all--it's all a Roman Catholic "thing", you see .... Whatever ....  Anyway ... have fun and be safe out there! )

No comments:

Post a Comment