Thursday, May 10, 2012

THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT, R ( 2 hr & 4 min )


where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Wednesday, May 9th, 2012
show:  10:15 p.m.
costs:  $10.00 Ticket + $5.00 Nachos ( I opened the bag of Nachos to smell it and make sure that it wasn't stale, like the last one that I bought, before paying for it )  + $4.50 20.0 oz VitaminWater Power-C = $19.50
auditorium:  4
seat:  3rd row, 8ht column


synopsis/overview:  Four Funerals And A Wedding


A man and a woman meet, fall in love, get engaged, break-up, go their separate ways, meet again, fall in love again, get engaged again, and--finally--get married!


noteworthy scenes:  1.) Receipts; 2.) One year ago; 3.) BLOOD DIAMOND; 4.) "Live long and prosper"; 5.)  Breakfast; 6.) Engagement party; 7.) Day after; 8.) "Telepathic wiener missiles"; 9.) Finger cut; 10.) "Carrot wiener"; 11.) "Grandparents do have a tendency to die"; 12.) "Jewish drawer"; 13.) September 11; 14.) "You only get a few of these"; 15.) Pregnant; 16.) Wedding; 17.) "Our wedding's gonna be way better"; 18.) Job offer; 19.) First funeral; 20.) Two-week notice; 21.) Social Psychology Class; 22.) Job hunting; 23.) Marshmallows; 24.) Male faculty spouse; 25.) RATATOUILLE; 26.) Fire hydrant; 27.) Deer hunting; 28.) New baby; 29.) Lego Land; 30.) "I play the odds"; 31.) Cake tasting; 32.) Sweater tux; 33.) The five nerds; 34.) Peonies; 35.) "How come nobody ever asks me"; 36.) Extension; 37.) Bedroom argument; 38.) Venison dinner; 39.) Pocahontas; 40.) "I don't like this new Lamb-chop Tom ( Jason Segel )"; 41.) Second funeral; 42.) "Bunny day"; 43.) Toast; 44.) Kiss; 45.) "Super-sanitary"; 46.) "I don't read Korean"; 47.) Orgasm; 48.) Rehearsal; 49.) Chase; 50.) Kitchen; 51.) Frostbite; 52.) Break-up; 53.) Third funeral; 54.) "I'm bored"; 55.) "I love you"; 56.) "Blood, feathers, gun"; 57.) "You ate an old doughnut"; 58.) "It's so hot in here. It's why people are always fighting in the Middle East"; 59.) Fired; 60.) Taco truck; 61.) Promotion; 62.) "There'll be new students next year"; 63.) "I think I understand why I'm having communication issues"; 64.) Fourth funeral; 65.) WHAM; 66.) "Maybe, there's no right choices. Just pick one and take a bite"; 67.) Wedding at the park; and 68.) A duet singing the song, Cu Cu Ru Cu Cu Paloma.

audience reaction: There was a couple in the back of the auditorium with me. And the couple seemed to like this movie. At least, the couple liked it more than I did.  ( Psst .... It's a Chick Flick/Date Movie! )

recommendation:  I didn't like it that much. See this movie only to pass the time away. Or wait for it to come out as a rental.

spoiler alert!  That was too much blood for a finger cut. In FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL ( 2008 ) Jason Segel's character was shown completely butt-naked with his Kosher meat on display--but, this time around, his butt is the only naked part in this movie ( not that I care about it, mind you ). That mound of snow covering the fire hydrant was fake and the whole scene it was shown in was not in snow season even though the rest of the snow scenes were. Why didn't they film it in the snow season instead of using obviously-fake snow? Why did the sign say: "Tom and Voolet ( for Violet )"? I think that this movie is too long for its subject matter. I usually don't mind it if a movie is too long since I'll be getting my money's worth on it, but only if it keeps me too preoccupied to be aware of the slow passing of time. Unfortunately, this movie--to me--just d-r-a-g-g-e-d on ....

fyi:  I don't have a "Jewish drawer" with a Yarmulke in it. But I have a "Jewish shelf" with a Dreidel and a Menorah on it. And, No, I still don't have a Mezuzah box on my door because I don't want Muslim extremists to know where I live!

I don't know if people got the inside joke, but Violet ( Emily Blunt ) was shown sitting at the dining table with a bottle of Bombay Gin next to her. Bombay Gin has a picture of Queen Victoria on it--yes, the same evil queen in the movie, THE PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS. Seriously, though, Emily Blunt played the role of the queen in, THE YOUNG VICTORIA ( 2009 ).

That SHALIMAR: CUISINE OF INDIA is actually a real restaurant in Ann Arbor, Michigan, I guess.

I know of this guy ( whose name shall remain a secret ) who wondered what it would be like to masturbate while driving. So, while driving home one night, curiosity got the better "hold" ( ahem! ) on him and he intentionally missed his house. He had to circle around the neighborhood just to get home!

I guess if one were to choose between "arriving at one's destination" or "'cumming' home", the second one does provide for a more pleasurable driving experience--guaranteed.  Ha, ha, ha--snort!

word of advice:  Marriage ain't all "a walk in the park"; and it ain't certainly "a piece of cake".

tidbits: I dropped-off my Hyundai Accent at Wheel Works today, Wednesday, first thing in the morning before going to work. It has been acting-up ever since they worked on it three weeks ago. I'd hear a tapping noise under the hood at idle and just as I'd go from 1st gear to 2nd gear. And on Monday, on my way to work, the "Check Engine Light" came on.

They set me up with a customer-discounted 24-hour rental car from the Enterprise Rent-a-Car on Marine World Parkway. It costed me $48.48 for the rental, insurance and tax.

I took this photo outside of my place of employment in Benicia, CA, thirty minutes before I had to return this car. I had to pick-up my paycheck.
*
I took this photo just outside of the Enterprise Rent-a-Car office and just a minute before I got a ride back to Wheel Works to pick-up my car. The problem with my car was that some idiot loosened the Master Air Flow Sensor while replacing my car's timing belt and water pump three weeks ago. Now, the Master Air Flow Sensor is defective and I have to take my car back to them tomorrow, Friday, so they can replace it. It's still under warranty, I hope, since they replaced the original 12 1/2 months ago. Besides, their mechanic f-cked-up the work!

Today, Wednesday, at work, at a little after 2:00 p.m., the Second Assistant told me, "Come with me to the back. I need to talk to you." ( Oh, boy. You know what that means .... )

So, I walked with him back into the warehouse. Then, he turned to me and, as he pulled-up on his pants,  said, "When I tell you to do something, I have some expectations---"

The Manager, who was there, cut him off and said,"That can wait. It's already taken care of."

I guess the Manager didn't like seeing his Second Assistant pull-up on his pants. Only the Manager has the exclusive right to do so--and if you've seen my Manager, you'll understand why.

But, what I don't understand is this: Why do they have to pull-up on their pants for? Is it part of their Management Training? I can just see it now ...

MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSE 101: How To Pull-Up Your Pants Correctly And Instinctively To Show Your Superiority And Assert Your Authority While Talking To A Subordinate In A Condescending Manner ( illustrated with a step-by-step guide showing pictures and diagrams for quick and easy reference ).

WHY DON'T THEY JUST WEAR SUSPENDERS AND BE DONE WITH IT ALREADY?!?!?!

Lederhosen suspenders would look nice on them---Not!

A beautiful lederhosen suspender that I found on the Internet.


After the movie, just to get my money's worth on the rental car, I went to the Super Wal-Mart in  American Canyon to buy a 12 Double Roll pack of Charmin Toilet Tissues and a 1.75 quart of Blue Bunny Carrot Cake Ice Cream, all for $10.31. I was gonna buy a bunch of bananas, too, but the Banana Police monitors my blogsite!

******************************************

"Happy Mother's Day!" to all of the moms out there.

I found this cute picture of a future brat on the Internet.



*

2 comments:

  1. Great TIDBITS!!! Perhaps we should take donations and buy our manager a pair of suspenders for Christmas...or even a really strong belt. Glad you didn't buy the bananas--would've broke my heart;) And yes, that is a cute future brat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Am I a good observer of people or what? Now, I wonder whether or not the D. M. wears suspenders ....

    ReplyDelete