Saturday, May 12, 2012

GIRL IN PROGRESS, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 30 min )



Quickie Review:  A Rebel With A Pause


While neglectful single-mom Grace ( Eva Mendes ) is busy juggling work, bills and adulterous affairs, her precocious daughter, Ansiedad ( Cierra Ramirez ), devices a step-by-step plan to short-cut her way into adulthood.


This movie elicited a few laughs from the audience.


I didn't like this movie at all. I wanted to walk out of the auditorium. The only other time that I felt this way about a movie was when I forced myself to watch JACKASS NUMBER TWO ( 2006 )! Taste-wise, both movies are about the same in my book.


If you must see this movie with your mom or the mother of your child/children, don't do so on Mother's Day. It would be in poor taste to do so.


Being mean doesn't make you look cool at all!


Here are the things that I found wrong in this movie:  Show-and-Tell in 3-D? Where'd she get the money for it? The daughter's friend, Tavita ( Raini Rodriguez ), hitches rides even though her parents are very rich. She went to a hamburger restaurant's drive-through only to have her order bagged in a plain brown bag! Hamburger restaurants with drive-throughs have their own custom-printed paper and plastic bags. Did she just take-up Chess on a whim and become very good at it in an instant? How did the burglar forced open a steel safe? Why did she have to describe her daughter to the police when I'm sure that she had pictures of her daughter handy? How could a doctor not notice that his own son needed glasses? And don't they still do Hearing and Vision Tests in grade school? Why didn't the security guard at the bus terminal investigate the argument between the mother and the daughter? When the mother chased after her daughter, it went from daytime to nighttime--we're talking about a marathon chase in high heels, folks!

*****************************************

I've an idea: I know of someone who runs marathons, I'll try and talk him into wearing high heels on his next run. Wearing high heels might not make him win the race but, at least, he'll look very sexy while trying his best to do so! And the high heels will just accentuate the sexy tattoo on his calf--don't ask. So, I'd better try and talk him into shaving his legs, also, for "aerodynamic" reasons. And let's not forget the "Daisy Dukes" shorts. And he'll be needing a jockstrap to go with his "Daisy Dukes", too, or else ...! LOL.

*

2 comments:

  1. LORD HAVE MERCY!!!

    You should see my new running shoes I'm breaking in for Bay to Breakers next Sunday (look um up on the internet--Acics Noosa Tri 6). Not quite high heels but I'm certainly sexy in them!!!

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take the high heels with you, anyway, for back-up. I mean, come on, we are talking "Bay-to-Breakers" here, where some runners dress-up in funny/ridiculous costumes. And some even run butt-naked, except for shoes and body-paint!

    Although, I heard that the naked runners are just accidents waiting to happen: Their shoelaces come undone, they bend down to tie their shoelaces and---Bang! they get "rear-ended". Ha, ha, ha---Snort!

    Or, how about dressing-up in women's clothes to complement your high-heels. Then, you can honestly say that you are competing in a "Drag" race. LOL!

    ReplyDelete