Thursday, January 5, 2012

YOUNG ADULT, R ( 1 hr & 34 min )


Quickie Review:  A somewhat famous writer of "Young Adult" novels goes back to her hometown to try to win back her former high school sweetheart who is already happily married and also has a new baby.

The audience ( namely, the women ) liked this movie.  But I guess it was the women whose men were not stolen from them by some hot and sexy "home-wreckers" who were present and accounted for in the audience.

I didn't like it that much--which makes this movie a bona fide Chick Flick.

Here are the things that I didn't like about this movie:  So, that's what Charlize Theron looks like now, especially without makeup.   Mavis ( Charlize Theron ) had a reputation for being an "easy lay" back in high school and she drank  liquor without any reservation; so ... if I were that guy, I would have plied her with hard liquor over and over again until she got drunk ( Heh, heh, heh )---Come on, I'm just sayin' for "Realism's Sake"!  From her father's comment, her Traction Alopecia  Disorder had been going on for many  years; therefore, she should have had a big, bald spot in the back of her head by now.  When she took-off her dress and stood there with her strapless, self-adhesive silicone ( emphasis on the "sili", i.e. Silly ) bra on, I actually laughed because it looked too damn preposterous to be erotic in any way.  But, maybe, if the makers put fake nipples--Ahem!--on such silicone bras ....

**********************************

I had these two female co-workers, "B" and "C",  once.  They were both friends.  "C" was married to a doctor.  When "B" quit her job, "C's" doctor-husband hired her to be a front desk manager at his clinic.  Long story short, the doctor and "B" had an affair, "C" divorced her doctor-husband, and "B" is now happily married to the doctor.  What is my personal opinion on the matter?  I think that "C" is better-looking than "B"; so, the doctor "traded-down" in the "Looks Department", if you ask me.  ( But, of course, maybe "B" is better than "C" in another "department" .... )

As an aside, I went on a casual movie date with "C" back when she was still married.  Because "C" wanted to see one particular Art-House film, and she knew that I go to the movies a lot.  The movie that we went to see was an "R" rated one with nude scenes and sex scenes, too.  Nope, nothing happened!  I had to keep my sexual urge at bay in that darkened and mostly empty auditorium.  It was all I could do to keep from "jumping" on her and "pawing" her , at the very least.

Attention, Women:  If you are happily married, and you have female friends who are single or divorced, watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment