Monday, January 30, 2012

EXTREMELY LOUD & INCREDIBLY CLOSE, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 9 min )


Quickie Review:  Oskar ( Thomas Horn ) loses his father on 9-11 in the World Trade Center.  While rummaging through his father's belongings, he finds a mysterious key and a cryptic note.  Believing that these were intentionally left for him by his own father, Oskar embarks on a journey of discovery as he tries to make sense of such a senseless tragedy.

The audience liked this movie.  By all means, 9-11 is a delicate subject.  But it is handled well in this movie from a "personal approach."

But I didn't like it that much, simply because of how the events of 9-11 affected me.  The memories of which I'd prefer to keep buried in my past.  I blogged about 9-11 once before for the movie, DEAR JOHN, in February of 2010.  Refer back to it, if you'd like to.

I didn't even want to see this movie in the first place.  I wanted to see JOYFUL NOISE, but I arrived 30 minutes too late.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment