Wednesday, January 18, 2012

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST in 3-D, G ( 1 hr & 24 min )



where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Monday, January 16th, 2012
show:  2:00 p.m.
costs:  $9.25 Ticket + $5.75 small Popcorn + $4.50 medium Diet/Zero ( w/ Cherry ) Coke + $6.86 # 3 meal @ the MacDonald's Restaurant in the Target Shopping Center after the movie = $26.36
auditorium:  7
seat:  3rd row, 9th column


synopsis/overview:  A witch puts a handsome prince who is selfish, rude and ill-tempered, along with his unfortunate servants, under a spell  that can only be broken if the prince changes his ways and finds true love before time runs out for all of them on his 21st birthday.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) The curse; 2.) Book; 3.) Vain suitor; 4.) Invention; 5.) "Lost in the woods"; 6.) "A place to stay"; 7.) "I'll have Belle for my wife"; 8.) "Where's Poppa"; 9.) "The one we've been waiting for"; 10.) "I didn't get to say, Goodbye"; 11.) Bedroom; 12.) "I'm disgraced"; 13.) "Crazy old Maurice"; 14.) "Show me the smile"; 15.) Magic mirror; 16.) "Be our guest"; 17.) "If it's not Baroque, don't fix it"; 18.) "So, that's the West Wing"; 19.) Wolves; 20.) Arguments; 21.) Evil plan; 22.) Library; 23.) Breakfast; 24.) Bold/daring; 25.) Stupid; 26.) "I release you"; 27.) "It's alright, Poppa, I'm home"; 28.) Stowaway; 29.) Asylum for loonies; 30.) Village mob; 31.) "Belle, you came back"; and 32.) "I told you."


audience reaction:  The audience liked it.  And it got a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  It's a formulaic Chick Flick, pretty much.  Go see it if that's your "thing".

spoiler alert!  What is a kingdom without a king and a queen, only a prince?  I never heard of such a thing.    What about the soldiers and guards?  There were none; only the prince's personal servants were in the castle.  In reality, if a person found himself alone in a dark, unoccupied building where objects take on a life of their own, that poor person would probably just die of fright!  Who can eat 5,000 eggs a day?  How did that skinny little Belle managed to put the unconscious Beast on the horse all by herself? Pigs do not wallow in the wintertime when the temperature drops down below 70 degrees Fahrenheit.  I don't think that the women back then wore brassieres.  How was Chip able to figure-out how to operate the newfangled invention?  The leading man in this movie and the one in the other Disney movie, TANGLED, both died a similar death and were revived pretty much the same way, too!

fyi:  I didn't see this movie when it first came out in 1991.



I wasn't much into movies back then.

Eggs are actually healthy for you.  Egg protein is the "Gold Standard" Protein by which all other kinds of protein are measured.  Although the egg yolk is high in Cholesterol, the egg white has enough Lecithin in it to counter the bad effects of Cholesterol!  It was the Grain Lobbyists who financed the Egg Study to fool the general public into thinking that eating a breakfast that is very  high in Sugar, Starch and Simple Carbohydrates is "better" for you than a breakfast that is high in Protein, Complex Carbohydrates and Fats.

word of advice:  Looks can be deceiving.  ( But I still won't marry an ugly girl! )

tidbits:  I forgot that today is a holiday, Martin Luther King's Day, to be exact. Lots of people turned-out at the cineplex!  And my usual favorite parking spaces were all taken-up so that I had to park far away, farther than I cared to park.

I ate at MacDonald's after the movie.

Then, I drove back home, took a shower, did some correspondence, and went to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment