Monday, September 2, 2013

INSTRUCTIONS NOT INCLUDED, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 55 min )

-

I went to see this today, Monday, September 2nd, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 4:40 p.m. show in auditorium 8ht, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.00. And I bought a $4.50 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: An irresponsible Acapulco playboy, Valentin ( Eugenio Derbez ), wakes up one day to find out that he is the father of a baby girl. In a futile attempt to track down the baby's mother who left it in his care, Valentin finds himself in Los Angeles where he becomes a stuntman to support his daughter, Maggie ( Loreto Peralta ). When Maggie's mother, Julie ( Jessica C. Lindsey ), reappears a few years later, the inevitable custody battle ensues. Then, Valentin realizes just how precious life with his daughter truly is and he turns his back on everything to be with his darling daughter, Maggie, forever.

The audience really liked this movie. And a whole bunch of them gave this movie a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie, too. Except for its Ending---The Ending sucks! IMO. Go see this movie if you like Spanish Comedy with a Heart.

***********************************************************

I stepped into the auditorium thinking that this movie was subtitled! Nope, it wasn't---The preview for this movie was, though! Talk about false advertisement. I wanted to walk out and demand to be given my money back. But I decided to stay and see if my limited command of the Spanish language would help see me through. It was daunting at times because, just like my friend Hector, a Puerto Rican, once told me, he would have a hard time understanding Mexican Spanish because Mexicans speak too fast. Yup, I definitely noticed that as I tried to be as attentive as a non-native speaker could watching a foreign movie. But, I guess, if they spoke Spanish at a slower rate this movie would have been four ( 4 ) hours long, instead! Ha, ha, ha.

I took a year of Spanish while I was in high school. But I didn't take more advanced courses because I soon realized that the only Spanish words I needed to know if I ever found myself in a Spanish-speaking country are these two words: ?Hablas Ingles? Am I not just so smart? Of course, in the Philippines, we have hundreds of Spanish and Spanish-based words. So, I was somewhat able to follow along as I sat watching this movie. And it helped that I look like them. Si ....

!Viva Mexico y Viva La Raza Tambien!

After the movie, I went to the Dollar Tree Store in the Target Shopping Center near this theatre. I bought a 6.5 oz bottle of Spice Supreme's French Fry Seasoning just to try it out. Then, I went to the nearby MacDonald's Restaurant to buy a large Sweet Tea and a large order of French Fries. After I sprinkled some of this seasoning on some ketchup and on my fries, I found out that I didn't really like this seasoning at all--'not to my taste. Maybe, I'll use it to season barbecue meats someday.


Today, Labor Day, please don't Drink and Drive! Have a safe vacation.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment