Monday, September 8, 2014

THE IDENTICAL, PG ( 1 hr & 47 min )

-

I went to see this today, Monday, September 8th, 2014, in Fairfield, CA, at the EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX, for the 3:45 p.m. show, in auditorium 7, 4th row, 5th seat. The price of admission was $8.75. I didn't buy anything at the concessions counter because I had just eaten a high-protein/high-fat/low-carbohydrate lunch at the nearby Great Moon Chinese Buffet Restaurant ( $9.22 + $1.00 Tip ).

Quickie Review: During The Great Depression, a set of identical twins ( Blake Rayne ) becomes separated soon after birth and grows to live separate lives but with a common bond: A passion for music. While one is on a clear and successful path, the other is pressured into conformity because of his strict religious upbringing and because of a binding legal agreement he entered into. But things start to come to a head when a death, a revelation and a tragedy befall the twins. Then one of them must come to embrace his humble past and offer forgiveness and acceptance in order to start a new, meaningful chapter in his own life.

I believe that I was the only one in the auditorium for this particular show. I liked this movie, though. And I would recommend it to any Elvis Presley fan out there. Yes, in more ways than one, this movie is a fictionalized account of Elvis's life, replete with parallels, juxtapositions, superimpositions and allusions--and let's not forget the facial and vocal resemblances to "The King", as well! But, it's a very entertaining movie, nonetheless.

Now that the world has seen Blake Rayne, will there be Elvis Presley movie remakes down the line since Hollywood seems to be running out of original ideas?

After the movie, the ticket-taker asked me, "How'd you like the movie, Sir?"

I said, I liked it. It's a fictionalized account of Elvis Presley's life, I added. But I still liked it. ( Did he just call me, "Sir?"  :-)


*************************************************

I started my day with a 9:30 a.m. appointment with my Chiropractor.

Then, I went to the Dollar Tree Store across the street to buy a 10-count box of garbage bags, a 6-pack of water, and a 4-pack of AA batteries.

Then, I went to my 1:30 p.m. doctor's appointment in Fairfield, CA.  'Remember the health-and-fitness program that I started back in May? Well, I lost 6 inches around my waistline in 3 months' time! Now, for the bad news: I've got loose skin around my belly because of the rapid weight loss. My Doctor said that he could fix it using the FDA-approved 4-week VelaShape treatment plan for only $1,340.oo ( discount applied ). Could this be the reason why he wanted me to lose weight in the first place? Hmm ....

It was shortly after 2:00 p.m. when I stepped out of my doctor's office.  And since the movie didn't start until 3:45 p.m., I decided to have lunch first.

Oh ... and my fortune cookie read: "Borrow money from a pessimist--they don't expect it back." It's a good advice, if you ask me.  But, don't you dare borrow money from me!  Ha, ha, ha.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment