Saturday, September 27, 2014

THE EQUALIZER, R ( 2 hr & 12 min )

-

I went to see this for its advanced screening on Thursday, September 25th, 2014, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 9:00 p.m. show in auditorium 11, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 8th  column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.25. And I bought a small bag of Buttered Popcorn and a 16.9 oz bottle of Dasani Water at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  If there's a crime in the neighborhood, who're you gonna call? Equalizer ( I'm paraphrasing the opening line of the "Ghostbusters" theme song here )!

The audience liked this. I liked it enough--but only during the action scenes. I mean, come on, this is supposed to be an Action Movie. But some scenes are just too painfully slow that I couldn't help but constantly check the time on my Casio Electro-Luminescence watch! I believe that they could have cut-out certain slow scenes and that still would not have negatively affected the movie, as a whole. Go see this movie. But don't be surprised if some of your fellow movie-watching patrons decide to while the slow scenes away by talking or texting on their damn cellphones!

_

No comments:

Post a Comment