Tuesday, October 7, 2014

GONE GIRL, R ( 2 hr & 25 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Monday, October 6th, 2014, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 7:00 p.m. show in auditorium 7, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.25. And I bought a medium Buttered Popcorn ( $6.95 ) and a 20.0 oz bottle of Dasani Water ( $3.85 ) at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  When Nick Dunne's ( Ben Affleck ) wife, Amy ( Rosamund Pike ), goes missing on the couple's 5th wedding anniversary, everyone starts to suspect that Nick killed his wife because of all the incriminating circumstantial evidence that eventually turn up one by one.

The audience liked this Suspense/Thriller ( plus Comedy, for some twisted humor? ) movie. I liked it, too. But no one gave this movie a "Hands Clapper" ending. Go see this if you're into suspense thrillers. ( A little spoiler here: The audience and I are agreed on the less-than-satisfactory ending--must've been why it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending! )

This movie might get nominated for an Oscar in at least two categories!

And this movie gives new meaning to the saying, "Trapped in a ( really ) BAD marriage!" You have to see it to know what I'm talking about here.

I actually put off seeing this movie right away because, for its genre, it seemed too long for my taste. But, as it turned out, this movie had me glued to the edge of my seat as I tried to figure out what really happened.

Here are what I couldn't figure out about a particular character: Why didn't this particular character use disposable gift cards ( handy for certain purchases ) instead of carrying all of that money around? And, as another character pointed out in the movie, how did this particular character come into possession of the box cutter? And why didn't the cops link the present case with an earlier similar case involving the same character?

On a different note, I still find Rosamund Pike attractive!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment