Tuesday, August 14, 2018

GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 40 min )

-

I went to see this movie on Sunday, August 8ht, 2018, here in Vallejo, CA, at the Century 14 Vallejo, for the 12:55 p.m. show in auditorium 1, B6. The price of admission for this special Fathom Event was $12.50. I didn't buy anything at the concessions counter because the line was too long and the movie was about to start.

Quickie Review: In the waning months of World War II, in the Pacific Theatre, the US drops incendiary bombs all over Japan. Because of it, a boy and his little sister lose their mother and must fend for themselves in their war-torn town with very little hope for survival. Based on a retelling of a war survivor's personal account.

********************

I liked this sad, metaphorical movie. It shows a side of war that's usually left out: The perspective of those that are helpless casualties of such a conflict. I would recommend it as an animation movie to see. But, be advised, the subject matter is not suitable for kids.

********************

Since last month, I've been on a fitness plan: I kick-scoot    πŸ›΄   at the Benicia State Park at least three times a week. Because, last year, an orthopedic surgeon told me to stop jogging   πŸƒ  since I have a bad knee. She recommended that I just walk   πŸšΆ  or 🚴   bike. But either one is too easy. Kick-scooting is harder than walking and slightly easier than jogging. So, kick-scooting, it is! And I'm still getting a good workout!     ☺️

I can't upload the pictures of my kick-scooters, for some reason. I can just give you the name and description of each: A gold Fuzion City Glide with dual rear brakes; a white Goplus with dual suspension and rear disc brake; and a blue Ancheer with dual suspension. The Goplus has rubber wheels. Whereas the other two have polyurethane wheels. All of them have 8-inch wheels.

I gave the gold Fuzion to a co-worker because it doesn't have dual suspension and is therefore not suitable for kick-scooting at the Benicia State Park.   πŸ˜•

And I learned the hard way that I have to check my Goplus's rear wheel first every single time before I kick-scoot with it. Because its disc brake has a tendency to start rubbing against the wheel if it's not adjusted first before each ride; it has two adjustment screws for just that.

So far, my Ancheer Kick-Scooter is the best one.

I may need to try other kick-scooters to see which ones are the best in each of these categories: 8-inch, 12-inch, 16-inch, 20-inch and 26-inch wheels.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment