Thursday, June 16, 2022

THE UNBEARABLE WEIGHT OF MASSIVE TALENT, R ( 1 h & 47 m )


-

I saw this movie at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Auditorium 14, B-6, back on April 21st, 2022, for the 6:00 p.m. show . The price of admission was $9.25 ( Senior discount--I'm starting to show my age πŸ‘΄πŸ½ ).

SYNOPSIS: Nick Cage ( Nicolas Cage ), a washed-up Hollywood actor deep in debt who's looking to make a comeback, gets the opportunity of a lifetime when a die-hard fan of his invites him to stay at his Spanish Villa. But Nick doesn't know that his Spanish host is the prime suspect in the kidnapping case of a career politician's daughter; and is reputed to be a ruthless crime lord who'll stop at nothing to kill anyone that gets in his way.

AUDIENCE REACTION: They liked this movie.

CINE-MAN'S REACTION: I liked this movie, too! This self-deprecating parody movie is probably one of Nicolas Cage's best movies to date! It's too bad that it was only in the theatres for 2 or 3 weeks!

FYI: Nicolas Cage has a number of recent movies available to watch on the phone streaming app, TUBI. You might want to check them out. 

OBSERVATION: Ever since Idiotic DOTARD & spineless pervy chy-nah joe beijing illegitimately took office, Wholly Weird has been INDOCTRINATING movie-goers with its leftist agenda! The latest ones are these movies: Doctor Strange; Everything, Everywhere, All At Once; Men; disney's Lightyear; as well as the upcoming Thor movie! Whenever I go to see a movie, I just want to be entertained and not be INDOCTRINATED! Is that so much to ask of Clueless LIBERTARD Wholly Weird?!?!?! It has gotten so bad that Bollywood and Pakiwood are starting to churn out the same kind of needless garbage! I refuse to watch such indoctrination movies in their 1st 2 weeks at the theatres because that is when Wholly Weird makes its most money at the box office; and I'm not about to contribute to the furtherance of their πŸ‚πŸ’© agenda!

TIDBITS: I'm currently recuperating from surgery. I had an Open Heart Triple Bypass Surgery ( CABG, pronounced Ca-Bage ) on May 24th. That makes me a CABG Patched Kid!  L πŸ˜† O πŸ˜† L πŸ˜†

Anyway ... I'm grounded for the next 6 weeks. For the duration, I'm not allowed to drive, or even be a front passenger, because of the airbags. And I found out from the Home Health Nurse today that I'm not even allowed to bend down because it puts unnecessary pressure on the surgical site!

How was the surgery? I didn't feel any pain at all. Twice, I even refused to take prescription strength Tylenol because I had no pain. I was also prescribed Oxycodone, a narcotic pain killer, but I never took even one tablet because I wasn't in any pain at all! The strange thing was that I had a Shingles attack 3 months prior to my heart surgery; and I get more ( residual ) pain from that attack--but nothing from the heart surgery!  🀦🏽‍♂️🀷🏽‍♂️

My brother, on the other hand, who had the same surgery at the same hospital and by the same doctor 2½ years before I had mine, was in pain for at least 2 weeks after his surgery. 

There are only two or three reasons for the difference: 1.) The doctor learned a new trick or two in the intervening time; 2.) My brother's surgery was an emergency operation whereas mine was planned for 4 months in advance; and 3.) I prayed to God every day leading up to my surgery.

πŸ‘» Strange Fact: The night before my surgery, I stayed at my sister's house as she was the back-up driver for me since my brother had COVID. But I couldn't get any sleep at all because the door bell kept ringing every so often. And the time in-between rings got closer and closer with each passing hour! My sister said that it never happened again after that eventful night. We reasoned that it must have been the ghost of our mother who kept ringing the door bell. And here I thought that ghosts could walk through solid objects.  πŸ˜•

Two days after my release from the hospital on May 31st, my brother and I took a walk around the block in his neighborhood as part of my recovery. I slipped and fell on a wet, slippery and muddy section of a sidewalk and skinned my Left Knee and Left Shin in the process! I called a law firm the next day, June 1st, for a Personal Injury lawsuit representation. But I was told that I didn't have a case because I didn't sprain my knee, break a bone and/or have the surgical stitches ripped open!! 🀬 Yet, I have to take the prescription strength Tylenol 30 minutes before I do my daily morning and evening walks!!!  πŸ˜–

When I do go back to work, I'll be sure to have work restrictions imposed on me. I don't want to work full-time anymore because full-timers at my place of employment get erratic work hours and shifts! There comes a time in one's life when Health becomes more important than wealth---Especially now that I'm nearing retirement age! If I'm not granted work restrictions, I may just have to go on a permanent medical disability status since I've been in and out of the hospital five ( 5 ) times ( since February 2019 ) in less than 3 ½ years!!!

WORD OF ADVICE: Don't take Type 2 Diabetes lightly. Most of my hospital trips ( except for the 1st one ) were for diabetic complications!

I hope that all of you are in much better health.  πŸ‘Œ❗πŸ‘


 

No comments:

Post a Comment