Sunday, September 13, 2009

TEMPORARY SHUT-DOWN!!!


I'm sorry to inform all of you readers of my blog that my site is on temporary shut-down because of a virus. I was logging-off on Thursday, the 10th, at around 1:30 a.m. when all three of my browsers ( which I had kept "ON" all that time ) disappeared as soon as I clicked-to-close a tab that features a Chinese website, LDF Group ( I think ), which supposedly is the web-site for motor-scooter manufacturers. I was looking at scooters to compare build quality, to check for CARB compliance, and to compare prices with similar scooters sold here, State-side, because I'm thinking of getting one for around-town errands. But I guess the site was just set-up to lure-in unsuspecting idiots such as myself!

Oh, well ... live and learn.

I'll try and run my computer again tomorrow, Monday ( the 14th of Sept. ), at just a few minutes before my computer's ISP's anti-virus program kicks-in. I hope that this is all it needs to arrest the problem. Otherwise, I shall be forced to buy a new computer! On the bright side, my computer is about five years old and I need a new, more powerful computer to run today's programs with.

So, once again, my blog-site will be down for at least two weeks as I start pinching pennies for just-in-case-I-really-need-to-get a new computer.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and the disappointment that this unwelcome turn of events may cause any of you.

Sincerely,

Cine-Man

P.S. I'm at my friend's house in Oakland, CA, writing this note at around 8:00 a.m. today, Sunday, the 13th of September, 2009.