Friday, July 30, 2010

CATS & DOGS: REVENGE OF KITTY GALORE, PG ( 1 hr & 22 min )


where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Friday, July 30th, 2010
show: 2:25 p.m.
costs: $10.75 Ticket + $6.49 # 12 Value Meal @ MacDonald's Restaurant before the movie = $17.24
auditorium: 8, with the 3-D screen
seat: 6th row, 10th column

synopsis:
Cats and dogs unite to put a stop to the evil plan for world domination of a former MEOWS agent gone rogue.

noteworthy scenes:
1.) German satellite station; 2.) Used car lot; 3.) On suspension; 4.) Kennel; 5.) Dog World Headquarters; 6.) The call of the wild; 7.) Mouse; 8.) Amusement park; 9.) Coit Tower; 10.) The chase; 11.) Golden Gate Park; 12.) Gone rogue; 13.) Missing; 14.) Uneasy alliance; 15.) Cat Lady's house in East Oakland, CA; 16.) Cat litter; 17.) Alcatraz; 18.) Ferry boat; 19.) Fisherman's Wharf; 20.) MEOWS; 21.) Playland; 22.) "Free HBO"; 23.) Magician's trailer; 24.) Satellite; 25.) Robot; 26.) Plan B; 27.) Cotton candy; 28.) New collar; 29.) Bonus scenes; and 30.) Bonus scene after the Ending Credits.

audience reaction:
The people enjoyed this family movie.

recommendation: I liked this movie, too. It's a good movie for people with cats and/or dogs.

spoiler alert! I would normally exempt this because of its nature, except for two things: Cats and dogs don't see in color ( birds do ); and whoever was responsible for the 3-D effect did a bad job because the snouts of certain characters were misaligned in at least three scenes!

And one more thing .... Why is it that in the movies, a character with no hair is almost always relegated to the "bad guy" role?

fyi: I love the cartoon short with Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner. The 3-D effect on this one is better than in the main feature.

I had a Russian Blue cat once. At work, somebody was giving away free kittens. So I picked one and kept it in a box inside the buyer's office until the end of my shift. It had managed by itself to scramble out of the closed-lid box when I went to fetch it. So, being that it was a strong little kitten, I named it, Conan.

Soon, I found out that Conan not only ate cat food, but table scraps, as well. And, by table scraps, I mean that he would eat pieces of fruit and vegetables, too. So, I gave him the title of, Conan, the Vegetarian. Because of Conan, I know for a fact that cats have a very acute sense of smell: Whenever I would slice into a very ripe cantaloupe, no matter where he was in the two story house, he would come running into the kitchen meowing for a slice of the melon--it was his addiction!

Conan was also a practical joker. He pulled a stunt on my mother and on me, as well. My mom had a grand piano in the living room of our East Oakland, CA home. And she would always prop the top open whenever she would practice her piano lessons on it. But one key was off on the far treble side. And each time that my mom would strike this key, it would irritate Conan who would then jump on the keyboard and walk across it in protest. But, one day, Conan had had enough of it. I was across the room on the couch reading something when Conan walked into the room and curled-up for a nap on the floor behind the bench on which my mother sat practicing her lessons. Sure enough, my mom hit the off-key. Angry, Conan got up, jumped into the piano, and peed on the string that was out of tune! I never saw my mom play the piano after that.

And here's the story of how he pulled a stunt on me ....

My mother's bedroom was the perfect place to be in for a lazy afternoon nap. All the cats knew this. And whenever I'd go up there to check on them, I would always arrange them in bed so that the sleeping Conan's nose would be up some other cat's butt! And I would giggle to myself as I would tip-toe out of there. One afternoon, when I went in there to check on them, I didn't find any of the cats in the room. Tired of waiting for them to show up, I decided to take a nap, instead. Later on, I was awakened cross-eyed by a very unpleasant smell: My nose was wedged-up against Conan's butt--Ahhh! This particular Furry & Stinky Butt moment will forever be etched in my memory cells.

Go to YouTube and check out "Nora, The Piano Playing Cat."

word of advice:
Love your pets.

tidbits:
After the movie, I went to the Chevron Gas Station across the street from Marine World for some gas, $7.00 ( 2.18 gallons' ) worth. Then I decided to go to SeaFood City Grocery Store because I haven't been there in so long a time. Then I had some king-size Halo-Halo at the Chow King Fast Food Restaurant in the premises. And I was gonna go to B of A afterward to make a deposit; but I had lost track of time and would not have been able to make it through the doors before the bank closed for the day. So, I just finished my Halo-Halo dessert in a leisurely manner then I went home.

At the grocery store, I bought a Soursop Juice that came in a 10.60 oz. plastic container with a flip-top lid. I was gonna throw the used container away when I realized that it would be perfect for the evaporated milk that I use to flavor my coffee with. So, I washed it and am still waiting for it to completely dry before I transfer the milk into it. Well, what do you know, I'm as ingenious as Wile E. Coyote after all--Beep! Beep!