Friday, September 17, 2010

DEVIL, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 20 min )


where: EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when: Friday, September 17th, 2010
show: 12:01 a.m.
costs: $11.00 Ticket + $4.75 small Zero Coke = $15.75
auditorium: 5
seat: 3rd row, 5th column

synopsis: Decedent Evil: Afterdeath

Five people, who are not as innocent as they look, are trapped in an elevator. And the Devil has come to collect their souls.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) 1 Peter 5:8; 2.) Truck; 3.) Elevator 6; 4.) Inspection mode; 5.) Levity; 6.) Crime scene; 7.) Inspection certificate; 8.) Bad childhood experience; 9.) Mattress; 10.) Flickering light; 11.) Video screen; 12.) Raccoon; 13.) Attack; 14.) Music; 15.) Turn to camera; 16.) Image of face; 17.) "Sit your creepy ass down"; 18.) Vision; 19.) Another attack; 20.) The Devil's meeting; 21.) Better Business Bureau; 22.) Suicide note; 23.) Scum-bag; 24.) Apology note; 25.) Blood; 26.) Old woman; 27.) "I'm not ruling anybody out"; 28.) "There's a reason why we're the audience; 29.) Satchel; 30.) Prayer; 31.) Fight; 32.) Hypothetical conversation; 33.) Lawyer; 34.) Electric shock; 35.) Cell phones; 36.) Glass shards; 37.) "Take responsibility for what you're doing"; 38.) Drunk driver; 39.) Confession; and 40.) "... My family."

audience reaction: The audience was mildly entertained by this movie.

recommendation: M. Night Shyamalan didn't write the script for this movie, although it is supposedly based on his idea. And this fact is probably this movie's redeeming quality. It's not as bad as people thought it would be, but it's not as scary as I had hoped that it would be. At one hour and twenty minutes long, this "Christian morality play" movie is a quick one to pass the time away.

spoiler alert! This movie shows that the scriptwriter is not well-versed in the Judeo-Christian concept of the Devil. This movie mistakes the Devil for some malicious entity with a sadistically murderous streak. How was the truck's parking brake disabled? In a financial district during business hours, a run-away truck doesn't get reported ...? I went on the Internet to watch a trailer for this movie so I could do a frame-by-frame of the shot where an image of "The Devil" appears--The Devil looks like a topless, masked Mexican wrestler, a luchador! Ha, ha, ha. How stupid is that ...? The sclera of each eye should have been red with blood from ruptured blood vessels, not black, considering how the victim was killed. If you think about it, it really doesn't make any sense at all to have one of the victims just disappear after it was possessed.

fyi: There is no Hell ... for now. The first ones to be thrown into Hell will be the Anti-Christ and his False Prophet after the Armageddon is over ( Revelation 19:20 ). The Devil will be captured and imprisoned for a long time ( Revelation 20: 1-3 ). But he will be released at a much-later time for a final showdown, giving him time to muster yet another army of the unsaved. Then, after his final defeat, the Devil will be thrown into Hell. And, No! he won't be in Hell to rule as its king, he will be tormented just like all the rest who will be thrown down there to suffer Eternal Damnation ( Revelation 20:7-15 ).

The Devil fell from Heaven with a third of the angels. His mission here on Earth is to recruit evil-minded people into his army. He is not out to kill the bad guys. He is out to possess the bad guys ( e.g. Hitler, Stalin, Conquistadors, Inquisitors, Crusaders, Jihadists, murderers, etc. ) and use them to kill good and/or innocent people.

I wanted this movie to be the first one that I see this week because it segues perfectly in line with the last movie that I saw, title-wise.

My deadliest encounter with an evil entity was on the night of December 23rd, 2003. It was of a serpentine form when it attacked me shortly after I had done my meditation on my bedroom floor. I was caught off-guard and was rendered totally defenseless and would have been killed in a most excruciating way ( believe me, it hurt like hell! ) had it not been for some form of Divine intervention. I don't want to go into detail on this one because I don't want Hollywood taking advantage of such information just like how a scum-bag writer for Steven Spielberg stole my improvised line many years ago when I collaborated on a film by a student of the California College of Arts and Crafts!

word of advice: Don't drink and drive.

tidbits: I was at my friend, Hector's, place in Oakland, CA, earlier in the day. His oldest son, Marcus ( a Chris Farley look-alike ), dropped by and we had a discussion on the Bible's Pre-Tribulation Period, UFOs, and Noah's curse. Overall, it was a very interesting discussion that we had.

We watched Orange County Choppers, b.k.a. American Choppers, and BBQ Pit Masters on TV. And we also started to watch a movie on movie2k.com: ROYAL KILL, a.k.a. NINJA'S CREED ( a stupid movie, if you ask me ).

The stray cat was there. So I told it to not ever walk all over my car after I wash it. I guess it got the message because I washed my car later on but there were no paw prints anywhere on my car this time around.

I don't know what's going on with Blogspot.com, but I can't use any other color than black to write my posts with anymore.

And speaking of the Better Business Bureau, the complaint that I filed with them on a company in Illinois over a week ago was resolved to my satisfaction today.

attention: Sorry, I kind of "jumped the gun", so to speak, in announcing that the weblog awards is coming soon. Actually, nominations will start on January 1st of next year for the 2010 entries. I will be sure to remind you come December to pick through all of my 2010 blog posts for any particular one that you deem worthy of submission/consideration/inclusion in the nomination process. Thank you.