Thursday, June 30, 2011

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON 3-D, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 37 )



where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Tuesday, June 28th, 2011
show:  10:00 p.m.
costs:  $13.75 Ticket + $1.00 3.1 oz Mint Chocolate Chip Cooke Dough Bites ( bought at 99 Cent Only Store & smuggled-in ) + $3.24 Value Meal ( $2.99 Cheeseburger & junior Minute Maid Strawberry Passion/Light Lemonade ) @ the nearby McDonald's Restaurant before the show = $17.99
auditorium: 2, with the 3-D screen
seat:  4th row, 7th column

2nd time



where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 &  I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Thursday, June 30th, 2011
show:  7:00 p.m.
costs:  $17.50 Ticket + $1.00 medium Popcorn ( dollar upgrade from free small popcorn on my movie rewards card ) + $4.75 small Zero Coke = $23.25
auditorium:  12, with the I-Max screen
seat:  6th row, 8ht column 

synopsis/overview:  The event which  triggered the space race between the United States and Russia comes into the open when the Autobots discover a Cybertronian artifact in Chernobyl.  But when the Autobots go on a  retrieve-and-salvage mission  some humans, in whom they trusted,  betray them to the Decepticons.  What follows is a climactic battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons that will decide the fate of  both the planet Earth and Cybertron.

noteworthy scenes:  1.) Final hope; 2.) "Impact detected"; 3.) "We have lift-off"; 4.) "Dark on the rock"; 5.) "We're not alone"; 6.) Boytoy; 7.) Presidential award; 8.) Political refugees; 9.) Datsun; 10.) Secret teams; 11.) Chernobyl; 12.) Engine part; 13.) Asian "Col. Sanders"; 14.) Republicans; 15.) Red cup; 16.) "You lied to us"; 17.) "Sworn to secrecy"; 18.) "Nicknames, that's fun"; 19.) "Are you threatened by him"; 20.) The ark; 21.) The bait; 22.) "Eliminate loose ends"; 23.) "Hoochie mama outfit"; 24.) "I'm next"; 25.) $200,000 Mercedes Benz; 26.) Elevator; 27.) Deep Wang ( Ken Jeong ); 28.) Infiltration; 29.) Decepticons; 30.) "That's my car"; 31.) "Prototype Autobot technology"; 32.) Space bridge; 33.) Guns; 34.) Messengers; 35.) "50-year old secret"; 36.) India; 37.) "Here's your foot"; 38.) "That means, 'Goodbye'"; 39.) "Dutch ( Alan Tudyk ), you suck"; 40.) "I'm so sorry.  That's the old me"; 41.) Strange rocks; 42.) Set-up; 43.) Mexican stand-off; 44.) "A deal had to be made"; 45.) "I am a Prime, I don't take orders from you"; 46.) Family meeting; 47.) Lincoln Memorial; 48.) Attack; 49.) "You're lucky I didn't kill you.  In time, you'll see"; 50.) Clients; 51.) "Nasty little bite"; 52.) Ultimatum; 53.) "Nothing.  What are you doing"; 54.) Old acquaintances; 55.) "There is no plan"; 56.) Strike; 57.) Trump tower; 58.) "That asshole killed my friends, too"; 59.) "I inherited a client"; 60.) Sealed city; 61.) "That kid is an alien-bad-news magnet"; 62.) "We kill them all"; 63.) Ground zero; 64.) Diversion; 65.) Collapsing building; 66.) "Launch the pillars"; 67.) Bomb; 68.) Captured Autobots; 69.) Trophies; 70.) Sabotage; 71.) Freedom is everyone's right"; 72.) "Sentinel's bitch"; 73.) "You betrayed yourself"; 74.) "I love this car"; and 75.) "Arrest him!"

favorite scene:  I liked the Deep Wang scene.

audience reaction:  The audience liked it.  But nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

2nd audience reaction:  The audience liked it.  And somebody in the audience--a little girl in particular--gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending at the end of  the Ending Credits.

recommendation:  I liked it, too.  The 3-D effect is great on this one.  I will have to see this again in I-Max 3-D to see if  the SFX is visually better.  Go see this if you're a fan of the franchise or if you have time to kill.

spoiler alert!  Somebody forgot to change the start date on the movie poster.

Okay, so that Autobot, Sentinel Prime, has eyes with circular saw-like gears in them.  What for?  I guess Sentinel Prime heard that humans like to stick planks of wood in each other's eyes ( New Testament of the Bible, Matthew 7:5 )!  Why did the Decepticon who attack Wang have "saliva"?  Why did a Decepticon lick the Lincoln statue's face?  An Autobot with a beard  was bad enough, but did they have to have an Autobot with Male Pattern Baldness , too?  Come on!  That rocket ship would have only enough fuel to send the autobots on an intra-Solar journey.  They wouldn't want to go to Venus because that would just fry their circuitries.  So, their only preferable place of exile would be planet Mars.  But you don't send a rocket ship with limited fuel into space anytime you want to:  You have to wait for its intended destination to be as orbitically close to Earth as is possible.  One of  Sgt. Epps's ( Tyrese Gibson ) friends had a radio communications earpiece on even though the rest of the gang didn't have any !  Who the f--k was big, dumb guy communicating with?  And, as if  on cue, all the other guys put on their earpieces one by one BUT  ... they never were farther away from each other than just an earshot!  So, they didn't even need to have communications earpieces on in the first place.  Wait a minute, didn't the Decepticons jam  all the satellites?  So, why did they still have GPS ( Global Positioning Satellite )?  Even if  the people had to evacuate Chicago on foot, they could have made it out overnight, you'd think.  Those people in the financial building were in business attire even though Chicago came under Decepticon attack the night before!  Do you really expect me to believe  that those idiots still went to work after  their city came under attack ( I've heard of  workaholics, but this is ridiculous! )?  So, the Autobots and the Decepticons turn themselves from "battle-scarred" robots into brand-spanking new vehicles with nary a scratch on any one of  them!  Does that make any sense to you at all?  Why didn't the Decepticons figure-out the Autobots' Achilles Heel : Rubber Tires?  Without rubber tires, them Autobots ain't be goin' nowhere fast!  Ha, ha, ha.  Why can't the Autobots and the Decepticons, mechanical that they are,  shoot at their targets with  precision?  What happened to Mudflap and Skids?  Not that I really care about them.  And speaking of  missing in action, what about the sexy "female" Autobots from the second sequel?  Hey, maybe, they went on a shopping trip or it was that  time of  the month for them.  L.O.L.  They jumped out of  the building easily through glass windows; but they landed on glass windows that didn't break at all!  How stupid is that?    Having a "damsel in distress" looking very fashionable with make-up on and with styled hair  and wearing  a white  jacket while trying to stay alive in a raging battle is plain stupid and ridiculous, especially when she comes out of  it looking none the worse for her traumatic experience!  Sam ( Shia LaBeouf ) was lying on his back when he caught  Carly's ( Rosie Huntington-Whitely ) arm as she was falling--simple Physics dictates that he would have fallen down with her, too!  Of all the things that it could have chosen to drape itself with, Megatron opted instead for burlap!?!?!?  Why did Starscream go "Ouchie" when Sam shot it in the eye, since it was mechanical?  So, Carly is just standing there looking like the glamorous dumb-blonde that she is all the while explosions are happening in the background--what about  the blastwaves and the shrapnels?  Duh ....  When Cybertron appeared above daytime  Chicago, it should have caused an eclipse with its antipodal locus ( darkest spot in this sense ) somewhere off the coast of  Perth, Australia!  This event would be called, for lack of a better term, a Cybertronian Eclipse, such that in which both the planet Earth and the Moon would be plunged into  total darkness!  And with the Sun's rays effectively blocked-out, Chicago would also experience a  decrease in temperature, turning it into what it's famous for: Windy City.  Cybertron appeared to be at least three times the size of  planet Earth.  Well, what that tells me is that an equal amount of  Cybertron's gravitational pull will cancel out Earth's gravitational pull ( "Equal but opposite Forces cancel each other out," a Law of Physics  ) and send anything unsecured to the ground falling UP ( balloons not included! ) to Cybertron--including humans, who'd be dead before they got there!  As for the rest of  Cybertron's gravitational pull, it will pull planet Earth and the Moon out of their respective orbits and send them spiraling down to either of  the two inner planets or to the Sun, sorry to say.

Once again, Hollywood spent millions to make  a blockbuster movie with big logic gaps in it!  Too bad that they didn't hire my services as Cine-Man.  With me acting as their on-set technical advisor or script consultant, they would have made a movie that is not an insult to people's intelligence !

fyi:  I remember well that day when we sent Astronauts to the Moon.  My family was still living in that apartment complex in Matina, Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines. I, Butcha ( my nickname ), was playing with Butchoy and some other neighborhood friends when we heard  that the historic event was about to be televised.  My family didn't have a television back then.  So, Butchoy and I, and some of our friends, ran the two blocks to another apartment complex where another friend, Butchi, lived, since his family had a black and white TV set in the living room.  We stayed to watch it until  early evening when the program ended.  And it was THE major event  for weeks on end after that.  We even had to memorize the Astronauts' names ( Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong and what's-his-name ) in school;  and we had to learn and quote the famous line: "That's one small step for Man; one giant leap for Mankind."

Neil Armstrong flubbed his scripted line.  He was meant to say, "That's one small step for man; one giant leap for Mankind."

Supposedly, the Astronauts--and by extension, the Cosmonauts--each carry a poison pill with them for just in case they get hopelessly stranded in outer space.  Heck, I'd ask for a quicker "exit" than that if  I were one of  them!

All of  the lunar landings happened during Nixon's term in office. Go, Nixon!  Oh, wait.  He's dead already ....

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is plain-looking.  And she has a funny-looking "bee-stung" upper lip.

This movie is what happens when somebody like Megan Fox bad-mouths the director!

word of  advice:  Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

If you cannot beat them, join them.

Side with the winning team.

tidbits:  I went to see this after work.  I bought a ticket for the 10:00 p.m. show earlier in the day, before leaving for work.  I had a choice between this show and the earlier 9:00 p.m. show.  But, I reasoned that I might have to work a bit of an overtime, and I wanted to do a little shopping first at the Dollar Tree Store and getting a bite to eat before the movie.  So, I chose the latter showtime.

I bought a pack of  Trail Mix  and a can of  German Potato Salad at the Dollar Tree Store.  I only had German Potato Salad twice before: When my Home-Economics  class,  in my senior year of  high school, made it and when I made it myself  at home sometime later.  This can of  potato salad has an oven-bake recipe which calls for the use of  Bratwurst, barbecue sauce and a sprinkling of  sugar.  I'm curious about this recipe  and  I will make it this Friday, the 1st of  July.

2nd tidbits:  Watching this for the second time, I really thought that I could just sit back, relax and "popcorn" the movie like everyone else in the auditorium.  But, I had to transform myself  into "Cine-Man mode" to take more notes to add to my blog.

I went to the Fairfield, CA, Wal-Mart to see a former co-worker of  mine after  watching the movie.  But he wasn't there; and none of  the guys on the night shift knew of  him.  I guess he works in the daytime.  I will have to swing by again another day.  While I was there, I decided to have dinner at the in-house MacDonald's Restaurant where I ate the # 12 combo meal.  Then, I bought  myself a gift: A Vivitar 9.1 mega-pixel digital camera and a 2GB SD card so I can take pictures of  movie theatres and such then  upload them  onto my blogs. I also bought three bananas.  But I couldn't find a 4-pack of  AAA batteries for my new camera.  I will have to buy the batteries tomorrow.

My car  was very low on gas and I didn't know of  any Chevron gas stations nearby.  And it was getting close to midnight by then.  So, instead of  taking a chance, I just went and got $4.00 worth of  gas at the nearby Valero's gas station.

Special  Announcement:  I would like to take this time to say, Thank You and Welcome, to my readers in these countries:

Luxembourg and Trinidad & Tobago

Thank you, once again.  Please keep on reading my weekly updates.  And don't forget to tell your friends, and everyone else who you know, about my movie blogsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment