Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS, R ( 2 hr & 0 min )




*





where:  CENTURY ROWLAND PLAZA in Novato, CA
when:  Saturday, July 23rd, 2011
show:  10:15 p.m.
costs:  $10.75 Ticket + $5.00 Snack Pack = $15.75
auditorium:  2
seat:  4th row, Middle Section, 6th seat

synopsis/overview:  Dylan ( Justin Timberlake ) and Jamie ( Mila Kunis ) each just got out of  a bad relationship. After having met, and after having sworn-off  relationships, they decide to be each other's "f--k buddy". But things get complicated when they start falling for each other.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) "Give me your pants"; 2.) The break-ups; 3.) Airport; 4.) "This is great, by the way"; 5.) Weird ex-boyfriend; 6.) "Eight months ago"; 7.) Rooftop; 8.) Flash mob; 9.) "Congratulations, Sell-Out"; 10.) New job; 11.) Emotionally unavailable/damaged; 12.) Party; 13.) Black light face paint; 14.) TV show; 15.) "Let's play 'tennis'"; 16.) Bible App; 17.) "A naked girl is laying naked on top of  you and you feel emasculated"; 18.) "Strictly dickly"; 19.) "Mom, 'Who's Your Daddy Game' is getting old"; 20.) The park; 21.) Five-Date Rule; 22.) "I was sleeping standing up"; 23.) Date # 5; 24.) "Who's Annie"; 25.) "Go f--k yourself"; 26.) Background check; 27.) "I know you'll be fine alone, you're not a baby in a hot car"; 28.) "She's from New York"; 29.) "What's with the pants"; 30.) Photo album; 31.) Kriss-Kross; 32.) Breakfast; 33.) Alzheimer's; 34.) "6 x 3 = 92"; 35.) Hollywood sign; 36.) TV news; 37.)  Overheard personal conversation; 38.) Abrupt departure; 39.) Work ethic; 40.) Voice mail; 41.) "How'd you know I was up here"; 42.) The photo shoot; 43.) "You live in fear of  repeating my mistakes"; 44.) "You gonna join me"; 45.) "I'm kidding.  I can't joke about this"; 46.) 1937 Chris Craft Sportsman speedboat; 47.) "Hi, Dave from across the hall"; 48.) Grand Central Station flash mob; 49.) Best friend back; 50.) Central Cafe; 51.) Hey, Soul Sister; and 52.) Outtakes after the Ending Credits.


favorite scenes:  I liked the spliced opening scene where the two couples were talking to each other.

And I liked the Kinky Girl scene.

audience reaction:  The women in the predominantly female audience liked this movie.

recommendation:  This is not my kind of  a movie.  It's a "Chick Flick". Go see this if  you're into such movies or if  your girlfriend/wife is forcing you to go see it with her.

spoiler alert!  She went to work without washing her face or taking a shower first--this is the only way to explain the black light face paint ( funny but senseless ).  The sex scene montage was really unnecessary.  I mean, okay, we get it:  They're "f--k buddies"!  But since they put in the sex scene montage, the least that they could have done was shown nudity in this R-rated movie!  After all, the object of  a sex scene is not to  frustrate but to tit-illate;  and you cannot tit-illate the audience if you don't show a tit ( more would be nice, of course  ) since an exposed female breast without its nipple ( i.e., teat or tit ) shown does not qualify as nudity--it's about as "stimulating" as looking at breasts with pasties or censor bars on! The "Blanket Sex" was ruined when Dylan popped his head out from under the blanket, ruining the illusion that only one, instead of  two, blanket was used.  How in the world did he get in a managerial position when he couldn't even do simple arithmetic?  The Grand Central Station "Flash Mob" didn't make sense because Dylan could not have organized it on such a short notice since 1.) He didn't yet know that many people in New York; 2.) They would have needed time to practice the moves and 3.) It would take days--even weeks--to coordinate such an event.


fyi:  I have a co-worker, Alex, who wanted to have a "Freeze-Frame Flash Mob."  She told me that I was welcomed to join-in.  But I politely declined because I told her that on the appointed freeze-frame time I'd probably be driving down the freeway--bad idea!

There's a funny amateur music home video from the 70s on the internet about Censor Bars.  You don't even have to go to YouTube.  Just go on Google and type-in, Censor Bar.  You should see as one of  the search results:  Censor Bar Fun.  Click on it and enjoy.

I had "Blanket Sex" once as a kid back when my family lived in Matina, Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines.  A friend of  mine took me  up to his parents' bedroom where his two female cousins were waiting for us in bed. The two sisters covered themselves with a blanket and allowed us to "dry-hump" them.  I was doing the younger sister but I really wanted to do the older sister since she was more beautiful.  So, I switched places with my friend.  But as soon as the older one found out that it was I, not her cousin, who was on top of  her, she punched me in the face.  As if  "Friction Burn" wasn't bad enough, I had to get punched in the face, too!  And, to add insult to injury--injuries in this case--she made fun of  the fact that I wasn't yet circumcised; unlike her cousin who was.  I resolved to get myself circumcised after  that day.

If  you haven't done so yet, you should check out my blog on the movie, YEAR  ONE ( 2009 ), and learn of  my circumcision day.  I posted it in June of  2009.

word of  advice:  Nothing in Life is free.


tidbits:  I had to go to Santa Rosa, CA, today, after work, for my Aunt's 80th birthday party.  I got home, rested for a while, took a shower, got dressed in "Casual Elegance" ( I had to look it up on the Internet ), and got on my way.  Just to be on the safe side though, I wore my two-tone Invicta Automatic Watch.

But before I got home from work, I went to the 99-Cent Only Store on Springs Road to buy a 4-pack of Eveready AAA batteries for my digital camera.  And since I would be arriving late at the party, and since I forgot to RSVP my cousin, I stopped by and had a buffet lunch at the Selecta All-You-Can-Eat Filipino Buffet right next door.

My Aunt's birthday party was held at  the Santa Rosa Veteran's Memorial Auditorium, approximately 51 miles from my place.  So, I decided to get some gas first at the Chevron gas station on the corner of Couch Street and Redwood Street here in Vallejo, CA.

When I was nearing the intersection of  North Camino Alto and Sereno Drive, a white woman got into her black Chrysler 300M ...

This Chrysler 300M is similar to the one driven by that white woman who tried to run-down a black man in front of me.

and cut me off.  She aimed her car at a black man holding a two-liter Pepsi bottle in his right hand.  She was trying to run him down!  She missed and ended-up in the middle of  the intersection.  Then, she turned her car around and tried to hit the man again.  She came within six feet of  hitting the driver's side of  my car ( I had stopped my car to avoid the two of them )--this is what I was talking about in the tidbits section of  my previous post: About a curse possibly back-firing on you! When she saw me, she took-off.  Maybe it was either because I'd be a witness to her crime or she didn't want her more expensive car to get damaged by my cheap, second-hand 2001 Hyundai Accent! This incident occurred at around 6:48 p.m. I was gonna call 911 but, since nothing serious happened, I didn't. I just drove to the gas station  and got $16.00 worth of  gas.


This is where my aunt's birthday party was held. There were about 300 people, by my estimate, at the party.  And there was still plenty of  food when I got there shortly before 8:00 p.m. Even though I already ate at  an all-you-can-eat buffet earlier, I MADE SURE TO MAKE ROOM IN MY TUMMY FOR MORE FOOD--there was no sense in letting all that good food go to waste--especially since it was FREE food! And I learned that I have a special talent: I can eat food using nothing but a plastic knife! They had ran out of  plastic forks and spoons--or, maybe, they hid all of  them because they saw me coming! Next time, I'll try using a couple of  plastic knives like a pair of  chopsticks--that should work.

There was dancing--but I was too full to join in on the fun. They even had a Mariachi Band playing at THE  Filipino party. And I was just waiting for the band to play, Amor Para Tu ( read my 2nd tidbits on Harry Potter to refresh your memory ).


This is my cousin who organized the birthday party for her mother, shown in the picture next to her.


This is my niece taking a group photo of ...


her father and her eldest brother along with his wife and daughters.


The guy in the middle is my nephew, the other brother of  my niece shown above.

There were also other relatives there that I hadn't seen in years. So, it was quite a reunion, of sorts. But I don't remember the names of most of them; and I didn't bother to ask for fear of  embarrassment!

And my brother was there, too. When he saw the shirt that I was wearing, he asked, "Why is everyone here wearing purple?" And I answered, Because they all want to look like me! What else could my answer have been, Purple Vain ...?

I took other pictures but I found out the hard way that once the batteries inside a digital camera get weak, all indoor shots get crappy-looking--really crappy-looking! They came out looking blurrier than my vision is when I don't have my glasses on. I need to splurge a little and buy a better camera--or good quality batteries that are not sold at some cheap dollar store!

On my commute home, I went to see this movie in Novato, CA, because I still wasn't feeling sleepy at all and because I wanted to have an excuse to blog about my day's events.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment