Thursday, March 29, 2012

JEFF, WHO LIVES AT HOME, R ( 1 hr & 23 min )


The time stamped is wrong. I forgot to set it one hour ahead to account for Daylight Savings Time.

where:  UA EMERY  BAY STADIUM 10 in Emeryville, CA
when:  Tuesday, March 27th, 2012
show:  9:40 p.m. ( $5.00 All Day Tuesday and $2.00 small Popcorn with a Regal Movie Watcher Rewards Card Tuesday )
costs:  $5.00 Ticket + $2.00 small Popcorn w/ Butter + $4.75 small 30 oz Zero Sprite + $5.00 Carquinez Bridge Toll = $16.75
auditorium:  6
seat:  6th row, 9th seat


synopsis/overview:  The Glue That Binds

Jeff ( Jason Segel ) gets a call from his mom to go to the store to buy some wood glue and fix a louvered door. Obsessing over the name of Kevin and searching for a meaning to anything and everything, he experiences some unexpected turns of events along the way which culminate in his meeting-up with his family on a bridge where they all--in a day's work--figuratively "bridge the gap."


noteworthy scenes:  1.) 'Phone call; 2.) Surprise; 3.) Basketball; 4.) "I like weed"; 5.) Mugged; 6.) "Fake it for a little bit"; 7.) Porsche; 8.) "You remind me of my grandson"; 9.) Spying on his wife; 10.) "Wait for a sign"; 11.) Dumpster bin; 12.) Breakroom; 13.) The Dream; 14.) Delivery truck; 15.) Hampton Inn and Suites;16.) "Thank you so much"; 17.) Handjob; 18.) "It's just semantic bullsh-t"; 19.) Water cooler; 20.) Bathtub; 21.) Tattoo; 22.) "At this point in my life, it doesn't matter"; 23.) Fire sprinklers; 24.) Bridge; 25.) River; 26.) "I'm hungry"; and 27.) TV news.

audience reaction:  There were about a dozen or so people in the audience with me. And they seemed to enjoy this mild Comedy Movie.

recommendation:  This is a weird movie that will appeal to those of you out there with a preference for Indie/Art-House Comedy movies. I liked it, even though it was kinda weird.

spoiler alert! Nobody that I know of these days throws credit card information in the trash without shredding it first. You can't hitch a ride for long in the back of a truck driving on city streets in broad daylight without drawing someone's attention and having a cop cite you for reckless behavior.

fyi:  I had a weird dream this morning in which my brother, my two sisters and I were all living in our late mom's house here in Vallejo's New Glen Cove community.

In the dream, I heard a crowd's noise coming from the garage one morning.  I opened-up the garage door only to find out that a bevy of beautiful, hot and sexy Playboy Playmates dressed in skimpy cheerleader outfits were standing in the driveway, to either side, impatiently waiting for me to go with them to Mexico in the Playboy tour bus parked nearby. Why Mexico, I don't know ....

My brother eagerly got in his black Nissan Pathfinder pick-up truck parked in the garage and told me that we should both go with the Playmates. ( Note: My brother is on his second marriage even as I write this. Therefore, I don't know what the symbolism is in his involvement in my dream. And I won't go so far as to venture a guess or offer up some wild speculation. It's just a weird dream, after all. )

Now, back to the story ....

I told my brother that I wasn't gonna go along looking like the way I did. I had just gotten out of bed and I simply looked very disheveled and I sported a "5-o'clock shadow", to boot. I told my brother that I'd go shave and shower first.

On my way to the upstairs bathroom, I passed by the kitchen and realized that it wasn't my late mom's house's kitchen but my condo's kitchen, looking sparkly-clean and very tidy.

When I got to the upstairs bathroom, I noticed that it, too, looked strangely different--like it was somebody else's.  And my eldest sister's white towel and white bathrobe were both shoved down the toilet!  Weird ....

I pulled the items out of the white porcelain toilet bowl and told my sister about it, who was with my other sister in one of the four bedrooms.

Then I noticed that my bedroom door was ajar. ( I had, in real life, installed a locking doorknob on my bedroom door to keep my mom's Maltese dog from entering my bedroom and "marking" my personal items. ) I stepped into my bedroom only to discover that it was now an expansive room with a kitchen, bathroom, living room, dining room, family room and bedroom all rolled into one with no partitioning walls to demarcate each area. And there were miniature figurines and knick-knacks crowded everywhere on the counter tops and curio tables.

It was as if my late mom's house got a complete, major architectural make-over!

Then, my sisters and I walked the perimeter of the beige-colored house which now resembled a huge city block building. And it was already dark out--and my brother was probably well on his way to Mexico with the Playboy Playmates by then! As we walked down the cement pathway on the left side of the house/building, toward the front, we took notice of the assorted plants, with flowers in full bloom, planted alongside the house/building. And in between the flowering plants, a Gnome would emerge halfway out of the ground and serenade us with a lovely song as we walked by. Delightfully, I greeted and thanked each one of them in turn for their melodious hospitality. And one Gnome confided in me that they liked me more than they liked my sisters because I had the ability to communicate with them.

That's pretty much the extent of my dream. If anyone of you out there is very gifted in Dream Interpretation, please post your comment above in the Reader Comment Section. Thank you.

word of advice:  Things happen for a reason.

tidbits:  I went to the post office first thing in the morning today to pick-up a package. Then, I went to Postal Annex to see if the item which I ordered on-line had already arrived. It wasn't there yet.

After doing a little bit of grocery shopping, I went to Oakland, CA, to visit Hector and his family. I brought the seven XL t-shirts ( mostly blue ones ) with me. They were a perfect fit for Hector, his wife, and one of his sons. The shirts were too small, though, for the "Baby Huey" one.

'Notice the too small and too tight blue shirt that Baby Huey is wearing?

Bad News: Hector's cat, Tiger, has been missing for about three weeks now. We fear the worst for him, especially after Hector's wife told me that she recently saw a family of foxes by the creek behind their back fence. That worried me because foxes will eat cats, given the opportunity. But I'm hoping that I'm wrong and that some kindhearted eccentric took him in and gave him a better home.

For dinner, I baked a loaf of bread with the mix that I bought at the 99 Cent Only Store on Springs Road in Vallejo, CA, earlier in the day. The bread mix is Larry, The Cable Guy's Beer Bread--just add 12 oz of Beer and three Tablespoons of Butter, as the package says. And I cooked some Macaroni and White Cheddar Cheese with chopped Vienna Sausages. The bread and the mac and cheese w/ vienna sausages both tasted good, in a junk-food sort of way.

After dinner, we watched a TV show, Chef Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.


This particular episode is about the Chiarella's Ristorante in Philadelphia, PA. It was fascinating for us to catch a glimpse of the tension, drama and denial that went on behind the kitchen door. In the end, it was a "Feel Good" show. I wish Chiarella's the best of luck!

Then, it was time for me to leave. I headed straight for my former place of employment to say, Hi! to everyone I know. David, my Chinese friend, wasn't there, though. I'll just e-mail him before he leaves for China.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment