Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SILENT HOUSE, R ( 1 hr & 28 min )


Quickie Review:  A girl, her father and her uncle go to their boarded-up lake house to fix it up before they sell it. With no electricity and with no cellphone reception, they are cut-off from the outside world in the confines of their darkened house as ominous events crescendo to a climactic end.

There were two couples in the auditorium with me.  The couple seated in the fifth row got up and left halfway through the movie.  I guess that they didn't like this movie at all. The couple seated in the back row was silent throughout the movie.

By the way, I was seated in the 7th row, 6th column, of auditorium 13, for the 4:45 p.m. show at the Century 14 Vallejo in Vallejo, CA, today, Wednesday, March 14th, 2012.

I didn't like this movie.  It wasn't scary at all. It's not a Horror movie in its true sense. The Bathroom scene is what gives the clue away. And the "silence" in the house refers to an altogether "something-else-entirely". Although the principal character in this movie acted well, I'd still wait for it to come out as a rental, if I were you.

Here are the things that I found wrong about this movie:  This movie is "shot in one take" ( Yeah, right .... There were scenes that would disprove this claim. ). Therefore, I couldn't do a noteworthy scenes on it--noteworthy shots or moments, perhaps ...? And I couldn't do a spoiler alert! because early on in the movie you'd kind of guess where it would lead to--add to it the Bathroom scene and there'd be your answer, right there and then; and I couldn't mention any more spoilers because doing so would just have me ruin the ending for those of you who would still want to go see this movie on the Big Screen!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment