Monday, November 4, 2013

KRISSH 3, NR ( 2 hr & 32 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Sunday, November 3rd, 2013, in Emeryville, CA, at the UA EMERY BAY STADIUM 10, for the 3:10 p.m. show in auditorium 4, 7th row ( counting from the front ), 11th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.00. I paid a $1.00 upgrade-to-a-medium on a free small Popcorn ( a movie watcher rewards card treat ) and I bought a small 32.0 oz cup of Pink Lemonade for $4.75 at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: In this last sequel of a trilogy ( ? )--I didn't see parts 1 and 2--Krissh ( Hrithik Roshan ) has defeated the bad guy and has saved his father, Rohit ( Hrithik, in a dual role ), from death. He is happily married to his expectant wife, Priya ( Priyanka Chopra ), while his father does his best to contributed to the betterment of mankind through his research as a brilliant scientist. But unbeknownst to them, a more nefarious genius is hard at work with the aim of annihilating all of humankind and replacing them with his own humanoid creations.

The audience liked this movie. I liked this movie, too. Go see this if you're a fan of the first two ( 2 ) installments ) and/or you're into superhero movies.

This Bollywood movie borrows many elements from Hollywood superhero movies. To wit:

  1. Alien source of superpowers as in The Green Lantern.
  2. Inhuman speed as in The Flash.
  3. Watching over the city at night on top of a construction crane as in Spider Man.
  4. Jumping around before gaining the ability to fly as in the recent Superman movie.
  5. Obtrusive references to The X-Men.
Of course, it is all done with a Bollywood twist. But, even then, the references are noticeable even to a casual observer. It still is a good enough movie to go see, though.

The one thing that I didn't like about this movie was when the bad girl, Kaya ( Kangana Raut ), got second thoughts about her mission then went on to do a "song-and-dance" number. I think some other folks in the audience found that scene amusing, too, but not in a good way!

And speaking of Kaya, her Chameleon character in a tight leather outfit is no match for the X-Men's Mystique in her body-paint suit---Yes!!!

I still contend that Hrithik Roshan is a Bollywood Actor that Hollywood is waiting to discover! Now, about that extra right thumb of his ....

Here are some things that I found wrong in this movie: You cannot neatly-slice a loaf of bread using a French Chef Knife--you need a Serrated Bread Knife ( it's called a Bread Knife for one good reason )! I don't think that the Chameleon lizard is native to India. The police and the reporters arrived too quickly at the scene where the bad guy, Kaala ( Vivek Oberoi ), made his public appearance.

*************************************************************

On Saturday, I learned the hard way that I should have been using a mouse all along with my laptop! In the middle of blogging about my 2011 vacation, the left-click and right-click on my Compaq Presario laptop's touchpad stopped working. I was at the MacDonald's in the Target Shopping Center here in Vallejo, CA, when it happened. 

I thought that I just needed to reboot my computer.

So, I drove on over to the Starbucks Coffee Shop at the opposite end of the shopping center to see if my touchpad would work by then. Nope, it was still non-operational.

On the plus side, I went to the nearby Dollar Tree Store to do a little bargain shopping and to diffuse my frustration. I bought a Rob Schneider DVD, THE CHOSEN ONE; and since they had yellow computer keyboards for just a buck each, I bought two!

This normally retailed for 24 bucks plus tax. This is just what I need for my almost "old-fart" eyes! Ha, ha, ha. And it's water-repellent. 
When I stepped out onto the parking lot after I bought my stuff, I noticed something odd in an empty parking space: A MacDonald's mayonnaise condiment packet, the like of which I hadn't seen before.



-

I bent down to take a closer look. That was when I noticed something folded into thirds about a foot ( 30.48 cm ) away from it. Three neatly-folded together $20.00 bills! Since the area where I found it at was empty of people, I picked it up. Honestly, I felt bad about not being able to return the money to its rightful owner because it was probably someone who had just finished shopping at the bargain store--and no one who's rich shops at a dollar store. Left with no other choice and rationalizing that I was meant to find the money, I just put it in my wallet and thanked God for the token of abundance.

Then, I went to the nearby Safeway Supermarket to buy a $20.00 top-up card for my Tracfone cellphone.

And I stopped at the Food Maxx Supermarket on the other side of the freeway to buy another 12-pack of Charmin Basic toilet paper.

When I got home, I used the mouse that Hector's son, Isma, gave me last year. It worked! I was back to left-clicking and right-clicking once again. The mouse even has a scroll feature to make things easier for me.

But now I'm worried because my Acer C7 Chromebook laptop also has a touchpad. I think that I'll buy a mouse for it.

note: I went to see ENDER'S GAME on Thursday--Yup! Halloween--of last week at the CENTURY SAN FRANCISCO CENTRE 9 AND X-D for the 8:00 p.m. Advanced Screening. But I decided not to blog about it because the whole thing was preposterous! I mean, they were up against Giant "Ants" from Another Planet! One thing I learned in Anthropology is that you need opposable thumbs to make extremely complex and/or delicate structures--something that these "Ants" didn't have. And what was up with all of the Judo moves that they had to learn to prepare themselves for hand-to-"hand" combat with the Giant "Ants"--why didn't they just train in the proper use of industrial-strength Bug Spray?!?!?! But this is just I talking--and signing-off!



p. s. About Halloween time in San Francisco, CA .... I was so looking forward to seeing a bunch of revelers out-on-the-town in their gayly ( hah! ) colored costumes. I was gonna take pictures of them, but I only saw a few dressed in Halloween costumes, ones that weren't worth taking pictures of.

Speaking of Halloween costume ....

While at the North Berkeley BART Train Station, in Berkeley, CA, on my way to San Francisco, a young lad stepped onto the BART train with a horse mask on. I was gonna call out, Hey, are you hung like a horse, and is that why you've got a horse mask on? But he might have dared me to an "I'll-show-you-mine-if-you-show-me-yours" challenge. Ha, ha, ha. But, seriously though, I'm endowed like a horse---That is, if we're talking about a horse no bigger than a fetus. Bwah, ha, ha, ha, ha---Snort! Why am I laughing ...?


*


No comments:

Post a Comment