Monday, January 27, 2014

I, FRANKENSTEIN, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 33 min )

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Thursday, January 23rd, 2014
show: 10:30 p.m. Advanced Screening
costs: $10.75 Ticket + $3.75 20.0 oz Dasani Water = $14.50
auditorium: 6
seat: 2nd row ( counting from the front ), 8ht column ( counting from the left )

2nd time:

-
where: EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when: Sunday, January 26th, 2014
show: 7:15 p.m. in I-Max 3-D
costs: $18.00 Ticket + $13.77 ( ? ) dinner @ Home-Town Buffet Restaurant ( + $2.00 Tip ) before the movie = $33.77
auditorium: 12, with the I-Max screen
seat: 6th row ( counting from the front ), 8ht column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: In this retelling of a monster classic, Dr. Frankenstein's monster, Adam ( Aaron Eckhart ), shuns mankind and wanders throughout the world for over two centuries then returns to the place where he once found sanctuary. But two opposing forces in an eternal battle between Good ( represented by Divinely created Gargoyles ) and Evil ( represented by Satan's Demons ) each wants him on their side.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) "Life for life"; 2.) Family cemetery; 3.) "It's alive"; 4.) Sacramental weapons; 5.) Written proof; 6.) "I will hunt those who are hunting me"; 7.) Experiment; 8.) Prince; 9.) Every scientist keeps a record"; 10.) The attack; 11.)  "Let me fight for my life"; 12.)Interrogation; 13.) "The only direct link to archangels"; 14.) "My God, forgive me"; 15.) Handwritten account; 16.) Cadavers; 17.) "We lost sixteen"; 18.) "It's not for you or I to deny God's purpose"; 19.) Electric eels; 20.) "What would it take to kill it"; 21.) Intruder; 22.) "It will come back"; 23.) "I'm sorry. I just don't believe in gargoyles and demons"; 24.) "You have no soul"; 25.) Evil plan; 26.) "You're only a monster if you behave like one"; 27.) Victor Frankenstein's broken promise; 28.) Central station; 29.) "You lied to me"; 30.) Possession; 31.) "Follow him"; 32.) "God will surely damn you"; 33.) "I'd rather die"; 34.) "Thank you, Dr. Wade ( Yvonne Strahovski )"; 35.) "Him, not '"it'"; 36.) "This is the place"; 37.) "Nothing can stop their demise"; 38.) "You will no longer be alone"; 39.) "You have a soul"; 40.) "Why did you save me"; and 41.) "I, Frankenstein."

audience reaction: The audience seemed to like it.

recommendation: I like it enough. But this Frankenstein movie is totally different from the classic since it flies-off on its own tangent. Go see this but don't expect this to be the "same ol', same ol'."

spoiler alert! Adam is supposedly a stitched-together laboratory creation from body parts of eight ( ? ) cadavers; but all the parts fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle! The fight between the gargoyles and demons created a bright orange-red/blue-white lightshow that no humans noticed, it seemed! Gargoyles were created to watch over buildings and keep them safe from demonic influences. If gargoyles can keep watch over buildings in the deep dark of night, surely there is no need for a gargoyle to use a candle to walk in the dark! If those cadavers were collected for centuries, they'd all be in different stages of decomposition by now since a good number of said cadavers weren't embalmed and/or frozen in storage in the first place! "It's not for you or I ( shouldn't this be, Me? ) ...." If the fall didn't kill him, it should have broken his bones and displaced his internal organs, at least! Why was there electricity in that old, abandoned and dilapidated building? In Physics, we learn that "Equal but opposing Forces cancel each other out." But in the scene wherein Adam jumped in the air and punched a gargoyle in the head, the gargoyle ( which had a bigger mass and had more velocity, inertia and momentum ) fell down first---WTF!!! That very pale dissected cadaver showed blood-red surgical incisions when it should have already been drained of its blood. Dr. Wade said, "Him, not '"it'," when she meant to say, "He, not '"it'."

fyi: When the Biblical Adam and Eve committed Sin, they ( along with all future generations of humankind ) fell from Grace. And Satan became the Ruler of the World. Since we are all born into Sin, all of our words, deeds, feelings and thoughts ( both good and bad ) are known to Satan. Therefore, Satan doesn't need any written record of our discoveries, scientific or otherwise, to be aware of our intellectual advances!

In my honest opinion, Caitlin Stasey, who plays the role of the female gargoyle, Keziah, is the hottest actress in this movie!

word of advice: "No man is an island. No man stands alone."

tidbits: Before the movie, I went to Best-Buy Electronics Store across the street to buy some stuff for my Samsung Galaxy S Mega.

I went to their Cellphone Department looking for a water-/shock-proof case for my Mega. They don't have it yet.

The Cellphone Department had Micro-SD Cards for sale, though: The SanDisk 16 GB for $24.99 and the SanDisk 32 GB for $44.99; but both were sold-out! The sales clerk offered to sell me a Samsung Micro-SD card: Either the Samsung 16 GB for $44.99 or the Samsung 32 GB for $64.99---Heck, no! I ain't payin' 20 bucks extra just for some name brand card, even if it's my cellphone's brand.

Then, I had an idea: Cellphone Micro-SD Cards should be the same size as Camera Micro-SD Cards. So, I went to their Camera Department and found a Pixtor ( by SanDisk ) 32 GB Micro-SD Card for $30.99! With tax, the total amount was $33.66. Am I a smart shopper or what?

I can't wait to take night-time photos ( the bane of my photo uploads ) with my Samsung Galaxy S Mega and see if it makes a noticeable difference!

2nd tidbits: Home-Town Buffet was really crowded tonight! It was the first time that I've dined there that they were completely out of dinner plates. I had to wait a few minutes before I could have a plate. In the meantime, I resorted to using soup bowls for my food because the other diners beat me to the salad plates. Ha, ha, ha.

I didn't eat that much---I've got to loosen my belt first before I start pigging-out next time! LOL

At the box office, the ticket clerk asked me, "How old are you?" I said, I'm an adult. What the heck was that all about?

This is the first time that I've seen an I-Max 3-D movie with my new pair of eyeglasses. I didn't notice any difference, though. 

On my way home, I stopped at the Safeway Supermarket on Admiral Callaghan Lane here in Vallejo to buy two 8.0 oz bottles of Lifeway Kefir Probiotic Yogurt, Blueberry and Peach flavors.


I found this picture on the Internet.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment