Tuesday, January 21, 2014

LONE SURVIVOR, R ( 2 hr & 1 min )

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Thursday, January 9th, 2014
show: 8:00 p.m. Advanced Screening
costs: $10.75 Ticket + $6.75 medium Popcorn w/ Butter + $4.50 medium 30.0 oz Powerade Mountain Berry Blast = $22.00
auditorium: 3
seat: 3rd row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left )

2nd time:

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Wednesday, January 15th, 2014
show: 1:50 p.m.
costs: $7.50 Ticket + $4.50 medium 30.0 oz Powerade Mountain Berry Blast + $1.30 bulk Chocolate-covered Peanuts and Raisins = $13.30
auditorium: 8
seat: 5th row ( counting from the front ), 8th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: A four-man US Navy Seal Team go into a remote area of Afghanistan to hunt-down a high-value target, a Taliban leader responsible for killing a number of US Marines. Their mission is soon compromised when they chance upon a trio of goat-herders. They abort their mission and hike toward an extraction point, only to have the Taliban militia chase after them. Based on a true story.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) Emergency room; 2.) "Too expensive"; 3.) "Here's your first op"; 4.) Priority target; 5.) Execution; 6.) "Rose Honeydew"; 7.) New guy presentation; 8.) "Say again your last. You're weak and unreadable"; 9.) "That's a f-cking army"; 10.) Bridesmaid; 11.) "You're making me nauseous"; 12.) Chance encounter; 13.) "It's feeling like a cursed op"; 14.) "Unsecured line"; 15.) Fateful decision; 16.) "There ain't enough Apaches"; 17.) False summit; 18.) "Three missed windows"; 19.) "I'm about ready to punch that time-clock"; 20.) "Left is not good"; 21.) "Right is no good"; 22.) "If that's God looking-out for us, Mike ( Taylor Kitsch ), I'd hate to see Him pissed off"; 23.) Dirt; 24.) Captured; 25.) "You can die for your country, I will live for mine"; 26.) "You're not making a call with that sat-phone"; 27.) Aborted rescue op; 28.) "Movement negative"; 29.) Leg bone; 30.) Aid; 31.) "Do you see what I have"; 32.) "Why do you help me"; 33.) The long walk; 34.) "This is my guest"; 35.) "F-ck Taliban"; 36.) Duck; 37.) Surgery; 38.) "Why are you doing this for me"; 39.) Kid to the rescue; 40.) "Clear to engage"; 41.) "He comes with me"; 42.) "I died upon that mountain" and 43.) Pictures of actual Spec-Ops soldiers that this movie is based on shown during the Ending Credits.

favorite scenes: I liked the F-ck Taliban scene.

And I liked the Kid To The Rescue scene.

audience reaction: The audience liked it, with some reacting squeamishly at some scenes.

recommendation: I liked it, too. Go see this if you like War  Movies. Although I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that the two scenes wherein the Navy Seals fell down a mountainside were both flinch-worthy.

spoiler alert! The title of this movie kinda gives it all away. Those goats don't look like Afghan goats to me--I mean, really! Another option for the Navy Seals would have been for them to tie-up the goat herders, finish their mission, then release the goat-herders. We all know that Mark Wahlberg plays the part of the main character, Marcus Luttrell, but does he always have to remind us of it by always turning around to face the camera? If I fell down a mountainside and hit my ribs against a tree trunk, I don't think I'd walk away from it okay! If I'm pinned down by armed bad guys ( with automatic rifles, machine guns and RPGs ) and rescue helicopters come to my aid, I'd really be a stupid idiot--whether or not I'm a special forces guy--to stand up, yell and essentially give my hiding place away! If I were to perform surgery on my leg like that, I can guarantee you that my leg would shake uncontrollably as I'd try to ignore and work through the intense pain ( unless I will have mastered the Yogic art of self-detachment by then--ha, ha, ha ). When the native villager gave him bottled water, that made me laugh somewhat. I mean, we've all heard of "Traveler's Diarrhea" now haven't we? So, the native villagers who lived in a remote region with very little or no exposure to westerners knew well too well about "Traveler's Diarrhea," too. Ha, ha, ha. I don't know about you, but I find it hard to take seriously a bad guy who puts on eyeliner!

fyi: The Taliban had nothing to do with the Al-Qaeda's 9-11 attack on US soil. But when Osama bin Laden hid out among some remote mountain villagers somewhere in Afghanistan, and exploited their ancient code of PASHTUNWALI, he purposely "recruited" the Taliban to join him in his fight against the US.

During the first week of this movie's run here in the US, an ex-cop shot and killed a man inside a theatre auditorium where this movie was being shown because the man was busy texting on his damn cellphone to his 3-year old kid ( yes, 3-year old )! The stupid, disrespectful, irresponsible and inconsiderate asshole refused to turn off his cellphone, an argument ensued, popcorn was thrown and the f-cking idiot was shot and killed by the ex-cop.

If anything, I hope that this unfortunate--for the ex-cop--incident WILL SERVE AS A DETERRENT TO OTHER STUPID, DISRESPECTFUL, IRRESPONSIBLE AND INCONSIDERATE CELLPHONE TALKERS/TEXTERS!!!

In my honest opinion, the theatre should have been sued for not enforcing their "No Cellphone Talking/Texting While The Movie Is Playing" policy. Theatres always show this public service announcement before a movie begins, but they never enforce it AS IT IS MEANT TO BE JUST A STUPID DETERRENT!!! If this particular theatre enforced such a policy, then the stupid asshole f-cking idiot wouldn't have been shot and killed in the first place and the ex-cop wouldn't have been put in prison and charged with 2nd degree murder. I don't know why they don't install cellphone signal scrambles inside movie auditoriums like they do in some other countries! Sure, they can use their cellphones outside the theatre and inside the theatre lobby, restrooms and hallways BUT THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THEIR CELLPHONES AT ALL INSIDE THE AUDITORIUMS!!! I mean, it should be like a "No Smoking" policy. I hate inconsiderate, disrespectful, irresponsible and rude cellphone talkers/texters!!!

According to an on-line article, Mark Wahlberg has a 3rd nipple! Whoa, too much information. Ha, ha, ha.

word of advice: Respect the ancient traditions of others.

tidbits: I was too busy munching on a bag of medium size buttered popcorn to take notes on this movie the first time around.

2nd tidbits: I went to my chiropractor, first thing in the morning, for my x-ray evaluation. My chiropractor, Dr. Kenny, told me that there are definitely marked improvements between my first set of x-rays taken a year ago and my current set of x-rays. My lower back vertebrae, namely Lumbar 4 and Lumbar 5 show positive results. The bone spurs are almost gone; and the disc space between L4 and L5 has gone from 1.2 cm to 1.5 cm in the frontal aspect and 0.6 cm to 0.9 cm in the dorsal aspect; and my Lumbar Vertebrae 4 and 5 have gone from a near-Stage 3 to a Stage 2 ( Stage 1 being very healthy and Stage 4 being fused and requiring surgery ). My chiropractor said that I am in a rare group of chiropractic patients ( approximately 5% ) that respond very well to chiropractic care. The twist and tilt of my Pelvic Bone are gone and the right-lean of my spine is diminished. And in answer to my question, yes, I'm taller now! LOL. And he added that Lumbar 4 and 5 are responsible for reproductive health ( 'Remember what I said some time ago about infertile women who want to conceive? ) and virility. Heh, heh, heh ....

After my chiropractic appointment, I went to the MacDonald's Restaurant across the street to read my e-mails. As I left the restaurant, I held the door open for a young black woman and her little girl. The black woman was busy talking on her cellphone and didn't acknowledge my courtesy. What a rude bitch--way to teach her little daughter about manners, or lack thereof! I hate people who use their cellphones as an excuse for f-cking rude behavior!!!

After I bought my ticket, a little old white lady went up to the box office to buy a ticket for her and her husband. She couldn't remember the name of the movie. The box office clerk volunteered the title, SAVING MR. BANKS. "Yeah, that's it," the little old white lady acknowledged. 

Her husband said, "He must be a mind-reader."

"No," the little old white lady corrected him. "I think it's our age group."

Ha, ha, ha---Wait a gosh-darn minute! Aren't I in "that" age group now, too? Nah .... I don't carry an AARP ( Association for the Advancement of Retired People ) card yet, although I get offered one each year for a number of "I-don't-care-to-remember" years now.

After the movie ended, I saw my niece, May-May, my little nephew, Isaac, and my sister-in-law, Mayflor, in the main lobby. My brother and his mother-in-law weren't with them. They were there to see the Pilipino movie, GIRL, BOY, BAKLA, TOMBOY. A movie that I definitely shan't be seeing anytime soon because if there's one thing I learned about being in a roomful of Pilipinos in a movie auditorium, it is this: They love to talk and/or use their cellphones to talk/text while the movie is playing!!! F-cking rude idiots, I swear ....

notice: I--just now--decided to remove "Twitter's Top Twits of the Hour" from my blogsite for inappropriate content! Sorry ....

*

No comments:

Post a Comment