Friday, March 7, 2014

MR. PEABODY & SHERMAN, PG ( 1 hr & 31 min )

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Friday, March 7th, 2014
show: 6:50 p.m. 2-D
costs: $10.25 Ticket + $4.60 30.0 oz Powerade Mountain Berry Blast ( the price was recently increased by 10 cents ) = $14.85
auditorium: 7
seat: 7th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left )

2nd time


"'(L)eaving his mark ...." Ha, ha, ha, I get it. 'Cute ....

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Tuesday, March 18th, 2014
show: 8:05 p.m. 3-D
costs: $13.75 Ticket + $5.10 Snack Pack = $18.85
auditorium: 6
seat: 4th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: Mr. Peabody, the world's smartest dog, steps up to save the day when his adopted human son, Sherman, inadvertently rips the fabric of the Space/Time Continuum just to impress a girl.

audience reaction:The near-capacity audience liked it a lot, especially the man seated immediately to my left who was there with his whole family. But only two people, a man and his wife, seated in the 6th row, seats 9 and 10, gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation: I liked it a lot, too! Go see this with your little brats--but, if you have the kinds of brats who cry and scream for no good reason, leave them at home with a brat-sitter!

noteworthy scenes: 1.) Adoption Center for Dogs; 2.) The Wabac; 3.) Mais Oui; 4.) "What kind of cake"; 5.) Guillotine; 6.) "Keeping my head"; 7.) "That's not water"; 8.) Fencing; 9.) Methane; 10.) "You can't have your cake and edict, too"; 11.) Dog whistle; 12.) Apocryphal; 13.) School cafeteria; 14.) Principal's office; 15.) "Deep regard"; 16.) Memories; 17.) Dinner guests; 18.) Survey; 19.) Multi-talented musical genius; 20.) Licensed Chiropractor; 21.) "He told me"; 22.) "A dog ..."; 23.) "Einstein on the beach"; 24.) Hypnotism; 25.) "I got it"; 26.) "In denial"; 27.) "His name rhymes with butt"; 28.) "Disembowelment"; 29.) "That's disarming"; 30.) Jealous; 31.) Booby trap; 32.) Anubis; 33.) "Why did I ever move to Egypt"; 34.) "Runaway bride"; 35.) Leonardo da Vinci; 36.) Pratfall; 37.) The Smile; 38.) Hammer; 39.) Airplane; 40.) Church; 41.) "So creepy ..."; 42.) "You don't know how to fly"; 43.) Hooligan; 44.) Black Hole; 45.) "A very  bad  boy"; 46.) "It looks just like our horse"; 47.) "That is the smell of victory"; 48.) "Smell my victory"; 49.) "Dad"; 50.) Home; 51.) Manual Override; 52.) Ancient Greek attire; 53.) "I've a hard time believing that"; 54.) "Stop waving your hands around"; 55.) "I've got to get you out of here before you touch yourself again"; 56.) "He bit me"; 57.) "My face is numb"; 58.) Windshield wiper; 59.) Beethoven; 60.) "Don't taze me, bro"; 61.) "Don't you know what happens to dogs that bite"; 62.) "I'm a dog, too"; 63.) "I'm Spartacus"; 64.) Presidential pardon; 65.) "Equal but opposite"; 66.) "You have to drive"; 67.) Reversal; 68.) Abduction; 69.) "I love you, Sherman"; 70.) Pharaoh's parade; 71.) Dollar Bills; 72.) Wedding; and 73.) The janitor.

favorite scenes:  I liked the Adoption Center For Dogs scene.

I liked the Multi-talented Musical Genius scene.

I liked the "Why Did I Ever Move To Egypt" scene.

I liked the "Smell My Victory" scene.

I liked the "I've Got To Get You Out Of Here Before You Touch Yourself Again" scene.

I liked the Beethoven scene.

And I liked the Dollar Bills scene.

spoiler alert! Why did the Ancient Egyptians and the Ancient Greeks speak in English? The spears thrown at the Wabac time-machine by the ancient Egyptians struck it at a low  instead of at a high angle. When the plane crashed against that tree, they should have sustained severe, if not fatal, injuries. The strip of rope Mr. Peabody and Sherman used to slide down into the Trojan Horse should have burned-up due to friction because of the length ( of the securing rope ) and the ( travel ) time it took for them to get to the Trojan Horse. How did the Ancient Greek know to use the word, "Taze?"

fyi: If I remember correctly, the inventor of the guillotine was the first one that it was used on; I wonder what his last thought was.

I told my chiropractor to take his brats to see this movie because it's a funny movie that's suited for the whole family and because he might appreciate the "Licensed Chiropractor" scene.

Years ago, in Reader's Digest, a contributor sent-in a story about his/her child who was taking a French class at school. The boy needed to use the restroom and asked the teacher, "Can I use the restroom?" The teacher said, "Mais oui!" And the boy, with his head bowed, asked softly, "May we?"

Am I just imagining it or do some scenes accentuate Penny's mom's ample breasts?

word of advice: Learn to keep a secret a secret.

tidbits:The audience would have enjoyed the movie a whole lot better had it not been for a couple of mothers with bratty little kids: One brat was screaming every now and then while the other brat was crying--yet, neither inconsiderate and disrespectful mother bothered to take her brat out of the auditorium!!!

What is this world coming to? It seems that more and more irresponsible, inconsiderate and disrespectful "humans" are being let loose all over the place! 'Probably one of the signs of the times--End Times, that is ....

2nd tidbits: Before going to see this movie, I swung by the Goin' Postal Store in the Food Maxx Shopping Center on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets here in Vallejo to pick-up a package. The 5-foot lavatory hose with a sprayer head that I ordered on-line had finally arrived. I will use it for washing my hair over the sink and for cleaning the bathtub with the easy way.

**************************************

I can't wait for them to do a Big-Screen adaptation of one of my other childhood favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon TV Shows, "The World of Commander McBragg."

Commander McBragg. I found this on the Internet.
-

*

No comments:

Post a Comment