Sunday, March 16, 2014

STALINGRAD, R ( 2 hr & 11 min )

-

I went to see this on Tuesday, March 11th, 2014, in Vacaville, CA, at the BRENDEN VACAVILLE 16 for the 8:55 p.m. 3-D show in auditorium 11, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 3rd seat ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $13.75. And I bought a 20.0 oz bottle of Aquafina Water for $3.50 at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: In Stalingrad, in the middle of WWII, a small band of Russian soldiers occupy a bombed-out apartment building to try and keep the advancing German force from crossing the Volga River. The Russian soldiers discover a Russian teenage girl living alone in the building and they develop a special bond with her, the crux of the movie.

I was the only one in the auditorium. I liked it enough. The special effects in this movie are comparable with those shown in Hollywood movies.

But they could have easily trimmed this movie and kept it under two hours had they done away with the modern-day Japan scenes---I thought that I was in the wrong auditorium because I went in expecting to see a Russian movie from beginning to end!

There was a scene with a downed German fighter plane whose propellers looked like they were rusted even though the plane hadn't been on the ground for a long length of time and even though it didn't rain in any one of the scenes.

They still use Dolby 3-D glasses at this theatre. I hate Dolby 3-D glasses because they are big and clunky to have on; and they don't sit well on top of my eyeglasses.
Dolby 3-D glasses. I found this on the Internet.
-

I complained to a theatre employee about their 3-D glasses. I told them that at the theatre in the city next door, Fairfield, Real D 3-D glasses are in use. Real D 3-D glasses are also sealed in a plastic container to prevent cross-contamination. Whereas, Dolby 3-D glasses are passed unsealed from person to person each and every day from one show to the next--I had to wash mine first in soap and warm water to avoid catching someone else's germs!!!

Real D 3-D glasses. I found this on the Internet. I like these 3-d glasses much, much better!
-

************************************************************************

Before seeing this movie after I clocked-out from work, I stopped at the EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX to ask the box office clerk at what time the last scheduled I-Max 3-D show for the 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE movie will be shown on Thursday, March 13th. Because I planned on seeing it then.

And, just to kill time, I walked around the top floor of the Westfield Solano Shopping Mall ( where the Edwards theatre is at ) to do some window shopping.

I found this on the Internet.
-

Actually, I went there looking to buy a replacement hat because the one I've used for the last 10 years is lookin' old and faded and raggedy. I stopped at a hat shop; but they only had baseball-cap styles with team logos on them. A few doors down is another hat shop where I found the perfect replacement, a Kangol Military-style cap:

I bought the same style, except in black. I found this on the Internet. 'Nothin' special about this hat, if you ask me. It looks ordinary.
-

I prefer military-style caps over baseball-style caps because the military-style kind of cap complements my facial structure better than a baseball-style cap does. But this is the first time in my whole life that I forced myself to buy a $27.99 hat ( $30.40 with tax )! I've heard of "fashion statements"--but this is ridiculous!!! Oh, well ... I guess I should indulge myself once in a while.

After shopping at the mall and before seeing this movie, I drove across the street to have dinner at the HomeTown Buffet Restaurant. I couldn't eat much as I wasn't in the mood for pigging-out ( I guess the expensive hat that I bought had something to do with it ). So, I spent $13-something plus $2.00 tip for a buffet dinner that I didn't eat much of.

Hometown Buffet Restaurant in Fairfield, CA. I found this on the Internet.
-

*

No comments:

Post a Comment