Friday, December 5, 2014

DR. CABBIE, NR ( 1 hr & 41 min )


-

I went to see this on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014, in Richmond, CA, at the CENTURY HILLTOP 16, for the 10:05 p.m. show in auditorium 11, 6th row ( counting from the front ), 5th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.50. I bought a medium Powerade Zero Grape for $4.75 at the concessions counter to accompany my free small Kettle Corn Popcorn ( free e-mail coupon movie-watcher reward ). And I paid $5.00 at the Carquinez Bridge Toll Booth on my way back to Vallejo, CA.

Quickie Review: A newly-graduated doctor in India goes to Canada to fulfill his lifelong dream of becoming a good doctor. But "The Land of Golden Opportunity" closes its doors on his ambition due to legalities. Undeterred, he practices medicine in the back of his taxicab. Until the law catches wind of his illicit activities, jails him, and threatens him with deportation.

The audience liked this movie. I liked this movie, too. Go see this movie if you're into Rom/Com movies. Although you may have to wait for this to come out as a rental because the last Big Screen show for this movie was yesterday, Thursday, December 4th.

Yes, I saw this movie in the same auditorium as I did in the earlier movie, CHAAR SAHIBZAADE.

Here is this one thing that seemed out-of-place in this movie: The Stripper Pole in the roommates' apartment bedroom.

*********************************************

I should note that I know some people that came to this country who were white-collar professionals ( i.e. doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. ) in the Philippines but were reduced to working as blue-collar workers here in America. So, don't be too quick to judge any ( legal ) immigrant.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment