Saturday, December 6, 2014

THE PYRAMID, R ( 1 hr & 28 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Friday, December 5th, 2014, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 12:45 p.m. 1st-show matinee in auditorium 14, 3rd row ( counting from the front ), 5th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $7.00. And I bought a $4.75 Powerade Mountain Berry Blast at the concessions counter to accompany my $1.00 upgrade-to-a-medium on a free small Buttered Popcorn ( free e-mail coupon movie-watcher reward ).

Quickie Review: A five-man archaeology team discovers a new three-sided pyramid which predates the famous Pyramids at Giza. Before leaving due to the civil unrest in Cairo, they all decide to explore the strange pyramid. But they are totally unprepared for the horror that lays in wait for them.

The audience was entertained by this movie; although, at times, not for the right reasons. I didn't like it that much. You may want to wait for this to come out as a rental.

Here are some things wrong in this movie: If there is something lurking in the dark that can easily smash and rip to pieces your remote-controlled explorer, simple common sense would override your need to go exploring into the deep, dark and unknown labyrinthian threat. A species which has no other food source and which resorts to cannibalism for survival will eventually become extinct, with its last member dying slowly of starvation. And in such a situation where food is of a high premium, there would not be any "leftovers" left laying around; everything edible would surely be all consumed. You'd die soon after your heart is ripped out. That monster creature had a long snout and big ears, suggesting that it could readily smell and hear its prey even in the absence of light. If such creatures were entombed for millennia, their sense of vision would have atrophied; and their eyes would have even become vestigial, once passed down from one generation to the next if reproduction was even possible. And as if all these things were not enough, the sound volume was so high that I had to plug my ear canals with my index fingers during certain scenes. This is a movie in which you cannot root for any of the five main characters--two hot babes notwithstanding--because they are all stupid! But you may feel sorry for the soldier and the little boy characters.

*******************************************

What I am now about to share with you is a supernatural experience which happened either in the later part of 1994 or the earlier part of 1995 ( I have the exact date written somewhere in one of my journals ), about 15 years before I became a 1st-Stage Yogi. It happened at a point in my life when I still had many out-of-body experiences.

In this particular out-of-body experience, I flew to a crocodile farm somewhere in Australia. Once there, I walked the grounds with a tour guide. He showed me the muddy water-filled rectangular holes dug into the ground which served as enclosures for crocodiles that were grouped together according to their size. We walked down the dirt path, looking at each enclosure. And we soon happened upon a big crocodile resting on the path. As we got close enough to it, the crocodile "sprayed" me. And my guide said, "Oh, that's just its way of letting the other crocodiles know that they should stay away from you."

As I looked on, I said to myself, I wonder what it would be like to get eaten alive by crocodiles. Bad mistake---Be careful of your thoughts whenever you're outside of your own body!

Instantly, I was transported to Ancient Egypt. I was a Hebrew slave who wanted to save his infant son from being eaten alive by crocodiles, as ordered by the pharaoh during Moses' infancy. I was in the Nile River, surrounded by hungry crocodiles. When a crocodile got too close to me, I reflexively put my left hand up in defense. And it bit my left arm clean right off at just about the same time when another crocodile surfaced on my right side, turned its head sideways and bit my head off! I didn't feel any pain nor did I feel any pressure from all sides as the crocodiles jostled with each other to have a piece of me. But I could still "sense" my body being violently moved around in the brown-colored water. And although I couldn't see anymore, I could still sense the daylight in the same way that anyone whose eyes were shut would.

Then, I was in total darkness. It was quiet and calm. I was in a reed boat, I soon found out. There was a ferryman behind me. It spoke to me in a deep, guttural voice. It said, "I will take you down into the Pit of Ignorance." It was then that I sensed who it was. It was Anubis, himself, whom I learned about in my World Religions class in college.

Soon, a gigantic black(?) wall appeared in front of me, illumined by Anubis's torchlight. The wall was covered in huge Egyptian hieroglyphs written in gold(?). I was meant to read it. But, of course, I didn't know how to decipher such an esoteric message. I don't know any of this, I said in protest.

Anubis then said, "Deeper down, I will take you."

I don't belong here, I said. I'm leaving. With that, I started floating upward slowly.

The next thing I knew, I found myself in a pastoral setting: The kitchen of an American farmhouse painted in white with blue trim. Along its four walls was arraigned a linear series of cartoon-style farm animals either in picture frames or drawn on tiles ( I cannot remember which offhand, not without my journal notes ).

It was at that moment that I realized that what we ( i.e. American archaeologists? ) think we know of Ancient Egypt is but a summarized "caricature" of what actually was Ancient Egypt! Our knowledge of such a subject matter is entrenched in a pit of ignorance.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment