Friday, December 5, 2014

CHAAR SAHIBZAADE in 3-D, PG ( 2 hr & 0 min )

-

I went to see this on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014, in Richmond, CA, at the CENTURY HILLTOP 16, for the 7:15 p.m. show in auditorium 11, 6th row ( counting from the front ), 5th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $14.00. And I bought a medium Powerade Zero Orange for $4.75 at the concessions counter to accompany my free small Buttered Popcorn ( a free e-mail coupon movie-watcher reward ).

Quickie Review: Early in the history of Sikhism, its adherents were in danger of losing their religion to the combined forces of the Moguls and the Hindus. But the martyrdom of four royal princes was the rallying cry that stemmed the tide of oppression and guaranteed the Sikhs their well-earned place in History.

I went to see this animation movie because I had never seen an animated movie from the Indian subcontinent before. And because my World Religions class in college didn't go into detail on the early history of Sikhism. Lastly, my Yogi is, himself, a Sikh; and seeing this movie is a way for me to show respect for him.

The audience like this movie. I liked it, too. There were some Chinese and white people in the audience, I might add. Go see this movie if you're interested in the early history of Sikhism.

Here's what I didn't like about this movie: The animation quality is not as high as what one would expect to see from a Hollywood animation movie. I should note that the characters' eyes were often expressionless or ominous-looking. Such eyes were perfect on the face of the evil bad-guy but were out-of-place in the other characters' faces, needless to say.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment