Sunday, January 3, 2016

NEW YEARS EVE/NEW YEAR'S DAY 2016

R,  2 hr & 10 min
-

I went to see this yesterday, Thursday, New Year's Eve, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 10:25 p.m. show in auditorium 10, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the right ). The price of admission was $10.75. I bought a $1.00 medium upgrade on a free small Buttered Popcorn ( free on my movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ) and a $4.80 medium Powerade Mountain Berry Blast at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: This movie dramatizes the events leading up to the home mortgage crash of 2008.

I had the whole auditorium to myself. I liked this movie. Go see this movie it you want to know the "how and why" of the home mortgage crash of 2008.

This movie really fascinated me because I am currently studying the investments market to learn everything that I need to learn to make educated investments as I approach my retirement years.

At just before 10:00 p.m., and before I went to see this movie, somebody tried to shoplift a lot of expensive items at the Benicia, CA, Safeway Supermarket. Luckily, a customer saw the shoplifter walk out of the store and promptly called 911. The Benicia Police caught him before he could even drive away from the parking lot. I guess the idiot shoplifter was not aware of the fact that the Benicia Police Department is just two blocks away! Ha, ha, ha. The suspect, according to the Benicia Police Department Facebook page, is Theodore Horton of Emeryville, CA, who's also wanted in Alameda County on Burglary and Drug charges. Since he has prior convictions, I hope that he is put him in jail permanently this time around! He sure did something really idiotic to cap-off 2015. The total retail value of the items that he stole from two Safeway Supermarkets ( the other one being the American Canyon, CA, store ) was over $2,960.oo! Most of the items are shown in the photo below.


I took this photo at just before 10:00 p.m. The date/time stamp is wrong because I didn't check it after I replaced the batteries last month.
-

It was a nice feeling to be in a theatre auditorium all by my lonesome self--no distractions! And I felt safe in there since I was in an area of town where idiots don't fire their guns into the air to ring in the New Year! The area where I live has some idiots who do fire their guns into the air to accompany the fireworks display at the amusement park right across the lake from my condominium. So, I made it my New Year's Eve tradition to be safe in the relative confines of a theatre's auditorium when the clock strikes at midnight.


*********************************************


PG-13,  2 hr & 4 min
-

I went to see this today, Friday, January 1st, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 4:00 p.m. show in auditorium 11, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 6th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.75. And I bought a small Powerade Mountain Berry Blast ( $4.20 ) at the concessions counter to go with the 1 5/8ht oz bag of Sabritas Salt & Lime flavored Peanuts ( $0.50 ) that I smuggled-in.

Quickie Review: This movie is based on the life of Joy Mangano ( Jennifer Lawrence ), a young, divorced mother who made, and continues to make, a name for herself in Infomercials.

The audience liked this movie. But no one gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie. Go see this movie which is based on a true rags-to-riches story.

What got my attention in this movie is the winter funeral scene. If you recall, I went to Grand Rapids,
Michigan, in March of last year to attend my brother-in-law's funeral. They had to put his body in storage because the ground was still frozen solid. And they waited until the Spring thaw to bury him. So, I really don't know how true the funeral scene in this movie was.

*********************************************

I would like to come up with some neat invention someday to pitch to Ms. Joy Mangano. As I do have some invention ideas that I would like to see marketed.

I greeted the newest day of the New Year by doing a trail hike/jog.


I took this as I started my trail hike. The date/time stamp is also wrong on this one. I took this and the next photo at around 10:30 a.m. today, New Year's 1st Day, 2016.
-

My knee still bothers me as I jog. So, I just did a 400 yard jog and an 80 feet staircase jog.


Fallen leaves carpet the trail in this photo which I took before I started my 400 yard jog.
-

I think that it's high time that I get on my unused exercise bike. I bought it, geez ..., about 12 years ago. And I never really used it at all.

The only exercise machine which I used regularly was my NordicTrack Pro Ski Exercise Machine. When my mom died in 1996, I put it in storage where it just got rusted as it gathered dust and cobwebs. I cleaned it up then I gave it away to my friend, Hector, so that he and his fat son could use it to lose some weight. His fat son did something to it and lost a piece of the machinery and just ended up throwing it away. Had I known ....

I had the same exact model. But mine didn't come with a water bottle & holder. I found this on the Internet.
-

Anyway, I would like to own another NordicTrack Pro skier because it gave me such a good workout. And ... it's $200 less now than when I bought my first one back in 1985! The original American NordicTrack company went out of business in the late '90s. The new NordicTrack is just a brand name and whose skiers are made in f**king China! The quality is just not there in the new ones. Get an original refurbished one, instead.

After my trail hike/jog, I had a protein powder shake and then I rested for a few hours while I went online to my Facebook page and, later on, watched a couple of YouTube videos.

And I went to the Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant on Springs Road, here in Vallejo, to have a buffet lunch and to buy some lottery tickets.

Something that I ate didn't agree with me and I ended up with an upset stomach. I had to do a "toilet trip" before and after the movie. What a way for me to start the new year.     :-/

By the way ...


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

P.S. I originally posted this blog last night, January 2nd, 2016. But my smartphone somehow became unsynchronized from my computer so that when I checked my smartphone's tab on my blogsite this entry became deleted since it was still in Draft Mode on my smartphone! Well, at least, I learned something new to start the New Year with.

*

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Looking forward to more Zhunti updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, too! And how are you coming along on your Zhunti Mantra?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing good! Clocking up 2-3,000 per day and doing proper sit-down chanting sessions about an hour a day too! Been at it a couple years now but never really counted before.. So started again from zero when I got a little electronic counter - the more the better !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great to hear! But it is really important to use a tally counter because it will help you to take note of when "something" spiritual will happen to you--usually after 180,000 to 200,000 mantras have been repeated, and every 1,000,000 repetitions afterward ( the reason why it's called, "Million Mantra" ). And, when you do your repetitions, do you try and imagine the Zhunti Buddha seated in a lotus pose in your solar plexus area?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I use the counter every day now. I keep in mind the sanskrit LA visualization above my head when I can remember to do so. I am practicing the full Zhunti visaualization too sometimes. I got the chest pains and emotions like the other poster too but just kept doing it, that lasted a few weeks, now it's just a warm feeling after a while. But the fortune changing effects have already started, that much I know for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! I admire your discipline, and I am happy to learn of your positive results. Most people would just be content with looking at a map, i. e. religion, but you've embarked on a spiritual journey. I wish you continued success in your spiritual cultivation.

    ReplyDelete