Friday, December 18, 2009

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE MORGANS? PG-13 ( 1 hr & 43 min )


where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Friday, December 18th, 2009
show: 2:20 p.m.
costs: $0.00 Ticket ( free movie pass ) + $3.75 small Diet/Zero ( w/ Barq's & Cherry flavors ) Coke + $7.56 all-you-can-eat Pizza and Salad Lunch at Mountain Mike's Pizzeria = $11.31
auditorium: 1
seat: 4th row, 7th column

synopsis:
A New York couple, Paul and Meryl ( Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker ), is experiencing marital problems. But this is nothing compared to the problem that quite literally falls at their feet. If they survive this problem, will it just serve to pull them apart or will it bring them back closer together?

noteworthy scenes:
1.) The texting assistants; 2.) Witnessing the crime; 3.) US Marshals; 4.) Magazine cover; 5.) Emergency; 6.) Witness relocation program; 7.) Bargain Barn; 8.) PETA; 9.) Goodnight; 10.) The "client"; 11.) Breakfast; 12.) Bear; 13.) Pediatrician's office; 14.) Arguing couple; 15.) Target shooting; 16.) The dinner date; 17.) Return policy's fuzzy; 18.) Bingo; 19.) Pizza parlor; 20.) Kiss the bride; 21.) Googling Ray; 22.) Men from Mars, women from Venus; 23.) The dance; 24.) Stranger in town; 25.) Chopping wood; 26.) Mistake/revenge; 27.) Unwelcome guest; 28.) At the rodeo; 29.) Rae; and 30.) 'Phone message after the ending credits.

audience reaction:
The audience seemed to enjoy this Rom-Com.

recommendation: I found some scenes funny. I guess couples will like this movie.

spoiler alert! With feminine make-up on, I think Hugh Grant would be more eye-pleasing to look at than Sarah Jessica Parker because Hugh has a refined nose while Sarah's nose looks manly. But Hugh Grant has a limited acting ability, though. The US Marshal who was shot twice in the chest was wearing a bullet-proof vest and would have been able to return fire when the hitman was pre-occupied with looking for his target especially since the silencer would have slowed-down the velocity of the bullets and, hence, rendered them less incapacitating. For a couple who is into the "Cowboy Lifestyle", the Wheelers sure don't know better than to hang a horseshoe pointing down. Didn't anybody tell them that this is bad luck? 'Must be why their place got shot-up! The second Bear Spray in the eyes didn't have a long-lasting effect, I guess because the movie was about to end! This movie gave me the false impression that the couple would eventually relocate to Wyoming! And to think that I thought I had the ending all figured out.

fyi: I have a niece who named her first daughter, Sarah, and her second daughter, Jessica. When she told me this, I told her that if she and her husband were to have another baby and it's a boy to name it, Parker. And my niece, Anna, said, "That's exactly what Auntie D. ( my eldest sister ) told me."
It's hard to be creative and original if there are others ( i.e. brothers and sisters ) who have your genes.

word of advice: "Take the time to stop and smell the roses."

tidbits:
When I got back to Vallejo, I went to the Chevron's gas station across from Marine World to get some gas and to buy a newspaper so I could check on the local cinema's listing for DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE MORGANS? because I needed to know when I could eat and go to the bank.

I went to Mountain Mike's Pizzeria, before the show , because I didn't feel like eating at a Chinese buffet today--not enough time. And because Chase Bank is right around the corner and I needed to deposit some money into my checking account.

As I walked to my car after the movie, my left heel started hurting a bit. I have some prescription strength Naproxen but I'm worried that it might have a bad side effect on me if I take it along with the Cold medicine that I've been taking. I'll have to check with a pharmacist tomorrow just to be on the safe side.