Friday, December 25, 2009

WHAT CHRISTMAS?


The caption for this photo which I googled for this post reads: "Dog looks towards Bethlehem, in Gush Etzion, by Ezra Halevi." A photo which was taken recently. ( Gush Etzion is approximately 8 - 10 miles SW of Bethlehem. )

The Roman Catholic Church designated December 25th as the day of Jesus Christ's birth to replace the pagan practice of worshipping the farm god, Saturn, which falls on that particular day. But as evidenced by the above photo, Bethlehem ( which is approximately five miles south of Jerusalem ) does get snow in winter time. So, it would have been a bad idea to put Jesus Christ out in a manger when all the shepherds and their sheep were all sleeping under the same roof because of the bitter cold of winter. They weren't out in the field tending to their flock in late December!

If you have access to a Roman Catholic calendar, this is what you will notice: December 8ht is celebrated as the day of The Immaculate Conception; and September 29th is celebrated as the day of the Feast of the Archangels.

The first question that should come to mind is this: If Jesus Christ was conceived on December 8ht, was he born 17 days later on December 25th or was he born one year and 17 days later? We all know that the time from its conception to the birth of an infant takes approximately nine months. If you count nine months from December, you arrive at the month of September! The next question that should come to mind is this: Why did the Archangels feast on September 29th? The Bible only has five references in it wherein the angels rejoiced. One of which is in the New Testament's Luke 2: 8 - 16, when Jesus Christ was born! Even the Ancient Egyptians who built the Great Pyramid knew of this day and its location, according to author John Zajac in his book, THE DELICATE BALANCE ( 1990 ). JESUS CHRIST WAS BORN ON SEPTEMBER 29TH! And, yet, even though the Roman Catholic Church knows of these particular days of the year, its priests are certainly quiet about it all and blindly lead the ignorant sheep on a fools' procession into the gaping Pit of Ignorance.

And, Yes! I made a solemn celebration on that day, as I have for a number of years now. So, when I say that I don't celebrate Christmas, I mean that I don't do it on the day that lazy, ignorant, irresponsible, foolish and faithless hypocrites do. Remember that Jesus Christ, Himself, said to walk in the Ways of God, not in the ways of the world, i.e. don't participate in pagan celebrations and practices if you're a believer in Christ ( John 15: 18 & 19 ). And, nope, I'm not a Jehovah's Witness. I am a Jewish Christian by faith and by birth ( my Jewish Christian lineage on my mother's side goes as far back as the time of The Lord, Himself ), I'm a direct descendant of the Jewish Christian Royal Priesthood.

Every September 29th, I don't exchange gifts with others; rather, I offer Jesus Christ the symbolic gifts of "Gold" ( my Faith in His Divine Power and Authority ), "Frankincense" ( my Love for Him through my daily meditation, contemplation and devotional hymns ) and "Myrrh" ( my sincere gratitude for His sacrificial offering ).

While we are still on the subject of Christian Holy Days, the one other day--in fact, the only day that should be celebrated--is the day of The Last Supper. If Jesus Christ is God, and God is All-Knowing and able to see well into the future, then why did He tell His Apostles to commemorate only that one particular day of the year ( Luke 22: 19 )? He didn't say anything about celebrating Easter or even His birthday, for that matter.

Now that you all know about Christmas and Easter, I shall task you with the responsibility of doing what is right in the eyes of God if you truly believe in Him for I have now just taken away your ignorance. From now on, you will be held spiritually responsible for what you do regarding these two days.

So, in the spirit of the season, I wish you all "VERY X MES" ( X = Wrong; Mes = Spanish for month ) and an ENLIGHTENED NEW YEAR! Happy Holidays ( i.e., Hanukkah and New Year ) to one and all.