Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TOY STORY 3, G ( 1 hr & 49 min )


where: EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when: Tuesday, June 22nd, 2010
show: 1:50 p.m.
costs: $17.50 Ticket + $0.00 small Popcorn ( free on my movie watcher rewards card ) + $5.75 small Diet Coke = $23.25
auditorium: 12, with the 3-D I-Max screen
seat: 5th row, 4th seat

2nd time:

where: AMC BAY STREET 16 in Emeryville, CA
when: Wednesday ( Free Small Popcorn Day w/ movie rewards card ), June 30th, 2010
show: 9:15 p.m.
costs: $14.00 Ticket + $0.00 small Popcorn + $4.25 small Diet Zero Coke + $5.00 Carquinez Bridge Toll = $23.25
auditorium: 4, with the 3-D screen
seat: 4th row, 8th column

synopsis:
With Andy all grown up and about ready to leave for college, his toys worry about their future. In a mix-up, they find themselves in a pre-school where unruly snot-nosed tykes play roughly with them. Longing to get back to their rightful owner, they come up with an escape plan, not knowing that someone is doing his best to keep them from leaving.

noteworthy scenes:
1.) Train rescue; 2.) Death by monkeys; 3.) Home movie; 4.) 'Phone call; 5.) Group meeting; 6.) Sort out stuff; 7.) Trash bag; 8.) Curb side; 9.) Donation box; 10.) Sunnyside Day Care; 11.) Welcoming committee; 12.) Caterpillar room; 13.) Toilet; 14.) Kite; 15.) Bonnie on the sidewalk; 16.) Bad sign; 17.) Improv; 18.) At the end of the first day; 19.) Vending machine; 20.) Sycamore Street & Elm Street; 21.) Original factory setting; 22.) Other eye; 23.) Lock-up; 24.) "Right around the corner"; 25.) Chuckle's story; 26.) Lincoln logs; 27.) Telephone toy; 28.) Security monkey; 29.) Potato head; 30.) Scotch tape; 31.) Impromptu fashion show; 32.) Tortilla; 33.) Breaking Ken; 34.) High heels; 35.) Bird; 36.) Reset; 37.) Cucumber; 38.) Latin dance moves; 39.) Garbage chute; 40.) Surrounded; 41.) Garbage bin; 42.) Tri-County Landfill; 43.) Conveyor belt; 44.) Magnet; 45.) Furnace; 46.) Hand-in-hand; 47.) The "Claw"; 48.) Truck's radiator grill; 49.) Washing-up; 50.) Spanish mode; 51.) Bonnie's front yard; and 52.) Bonus scenes during the Ending Credits.

audience reaction:
The audience loved it.

recommendation: I totally enjoyed this movie, too--another winner from Pixar Studios! It is a perfect family movie.

spoiler alert! Exempt, since it is geared at little kids who are into "make-believe" stuff.

fyi: Sycamore Street and Elm Street are in the downtown area of Oakland, CA. They are about a mile away from each other.

The license plate which reads: RES1536, is attached to a yellow pick-up truck that delivers pizza for Pizza Planet and is shown, supposedly, in all Pixar movies except for THE INCREDIBLES ( but this is being debated over by fans on both sides of the argument ).

Back when we were still living in Kidapawan, Cotabato, Mindanao, Philippines, my mom's older brother, Tiyo Ernesto, who was already living in the United States, sent my eldest sister a gift: A life-size toddler doll that walked. Its box said, "Take my hand, I'll walk with you." Every once in a while, either one of my two sisters or I would carefully remove the doll from its package to take it out for a walk around the living room. We were very careful in handling that doll because it was a "one-of-a-kind" ( in the Philippines, that is ) "made-in-America" doll.

When it was time for us to come to The United States, I was surprised that my eldest sister didn't take the doll along with her. It would have been a "collector's item" by now and probably would have greatly appreciated in value.

I WANNA WORK FOR PIXAR!!!!!!! It's my dream-job.

word of advice:
Brighten the life of a little kid by donating the toys that you've outgrown.

"Parting is such sweet sorrow." Shakespeare's Juliet

tidbits:
I went to the main post office here in Vallejo, CA, to pick-up my "vacation hold" mail.

Those troll dolls remind me of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

Does Ken know that he's not "anatomically correct"? ( Ahem .... ) But Buzz is okay since he's got gadgets--why do you think he's named, "Buzz"? ( Ahem, again! ) And, as for Woody, the answer is in the name, itself! ( Ahem, one more time! )

I forgot to take a notebook with me when I went to see this movie. But I guess this is the excuse that I need to go see this movie at the AMC BAY STREET 16 in Emeryville, CA, since this is where any and every Pixar movie ought to be seen at.

After the movie, I went across the street to the Barnes & Noble bookstore to order three copies of the book, AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A YOGI, to give out so certain persons will know why I chose to become a Kriyaban yogi.

2nd tidbits: I went to Oakland, CA, to show my friend, Hector, how to get Live Chat Help on his magicJack and where to look for the "fix-it" and "upgrade" programs that a Live Chat tech sends out to fix the VoIp device.

At AMC, the box office clerk didn't give me my free small popcorn coupon. So I had to go to the customer service counter in order to get it. After all, have you seen the prices for popcorn lately?

There were so many people waiting in line for the TWILIGHT show. Not I; no sirree, Bob! I'll hold-off on watching this "Chick Flick"!

The TOY STORY 3 was about 15 minutes late in getting started because the projector, or something, failed to work four times as they tried to show the cheap "AVATAR rip-off" AMC Intro Clip. And because of it, I got to the toll booth seven minutes after midnight, at which time they had increased the toll fee by another dollar! And I missed seeing the midnight showing of THE LAST AIRBENDER here in Vallejo because of it, too!