Friday, July 6, 2012

KATY PERRY: PART OF ME in 3-D, PG ( 1 hr & 34 min )


-

Quickie Review:  Katy Perry embarked on her ambitious and grueling year-long California Dreams Tour last year. The audience is treated to a "front-row seat" and a "backstage pass" in this film documentary as Katy performed for her fans in 124 sold-out shows worldwide in-between snippets of her everyday life. And it was not always "ice cream, lollipop, cotton candy, bubble gum, rainbow and flowers" for the much-adored Ms. Perry.

Century 14 Vallejo in Vallejo, CA. Thursday, July 5th, 2012. 7:30 p.m. show. Auditorium 2, 4th row, 8ht column.

The audience seemed to enjoy it.

I liked it. And it surprised me to find out that she has quite a legion of MALE fans, too. Wow! Go see this if you like Katy Perry for one reason or another.

What made this movie appealing to me was that it seemed like Katy Perry is genuinely interested in, and cares about, her fans. And the interviews of people who know her and/or work for her seemed to be of the consensus that Ms. Perry is actually a fun, happy, friendly and caring person to be with. So, not only is Katy a talented singer/songwriter, but she also has the beauty and charm of a natural girl who just happens to be rich and world-famous.

***********************************************************************

When I bought my ticket, the box office clerk gave me a collector's item Katy Perry 3-D glasses. I told the clerk that I wasn't gonna use the collector's item 3-D glasses, that I have a spare pair of regular Real-D 3-D glasses in my car, and that I was gonna go get it so I can keep the collector's item glasses as a souvenir.

There was a stack of KATY PERRY: PART OF ME mini movie posters on the concessions counter. It's the same kind of movie poster as the one shown below:

-

I told myself that I was gonna go get me a copy of the poster after the movie was over. Well ... when I went back to the concessions counter after the movie ended, the whole stack was gone---Damn!!! I missed my opportunity.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment