Friday, May 24, 2013

THE HANGOVER PART III, R ( 1 hr & 40 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Thursday, May 23rd, 2013, in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO for the 8:25 p.m. show in auditorium 7, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.00. And I purchased a small bag of bulk Chocolate Candies for $1.89 and a 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water for $4.50 at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  Doug ( Justin Bartha ) is held hostage by a mob boss ( John Goodman ) who plans to kill him unless the rest of the "Wolf pack" can track down Mr. Chow ( Ken Jeong ) and bring him back along with the 21 million dollars in gold bars that Chow stole from the bad guy.

The audience seemed to like this movie.

I didn't like it. It seemed very anticlimactic to me. It was as if they made this movie just to "milk" the cash-cow franchise for more money, down to the last drop. And, even though this is the last sequel in the trilogy, I think that there will be a 4th one coming soon---I hope that I'm wrong! Prepare to be somewhat disappointed if you do decide to see this movie after all.

********************************************************

The first thing that I did today was go to a local car dealership, Team Chevrolet Vallejo, because I was curious as to what prize I had won on the scratch-off promo card that they sent me through the mail. But, first, I stopped-off at the parts counter to ask about headlight lens replacements for my Hyundai Accent because the lenses on my car's headlights are badly oxidized. The clerk said that they didn't have the parts in stock but that he could special order them for me. I asked how much they would cost me. He said that they were approximately $250.oo each because I cannot buy just a lens but must buy the whole unit! What a f*cking rip-off!!! I mean--come on--it's not a replacement part for a Lamborghini or a Ferrari; It's Just A Cheap Piece Of Crap Korean Car That We're Talking About Here!!!

Then, I checked out the race car that they displayed on the showroom floor.

This once belonged to Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
-

A salesman asked me if I was looking to trade-in my ride. I told him that I wasn't looking to buy a new car anytime soon, maybe in a year or so. He wrote my information down and took me to a room where they had a digital mini-roulette set-up for prize selections. I spun it and I won a Wal-Mart Gift Card! Heck, I wanted to win either the "His and Hers Chevy Camaros" or the $100,000.oo Cash Prize. Whoopty Doo .... He congratulated me by saying, "You deserve it." I don't know ... I think it was meant to be an insult because I couldn't afford to buy any of their cars right away. You know what I think? I think their digital mini-roulette game is rigged to award expensive prizes only to people who could afford to buy a new car right away, that's what I think!!! What a f*cking rip-off, part II!

What am I gonna use my Wal-Mart Gift Card on? Oh, I know .... I'll use it to buy toilet paper with because that is the only thing that it's good for. Ha, ha, ha.

I went to Benicia, CA, to pick-up my cheque and to deposit money in my accounts at Bank of America ( BofA ) and at Chase Bank.

Then, I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road, here in Vallejo, to have lunch and to buy some lottery tickets ( $17.58 in total ) in the hope that I will win big-time in the lottery so that I could put-down that car salesman who insulted me. Yeah, that will teach him ....

After I ate lunch, I went next door to the 99-Cent Only Store to look around and buy something. I bought two things for a total cost of $2.08.

Then, I went to the MacDonald's on Admiral Callaghan Lane in the Target Shopping Center, here in Vallejo, to finish my Star Trek blog before I went to see this movie.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment