Friday, May 31, 2013

NOW YOU SEE ME, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 56 min )



-

I went to see this today, Friday, May 31st, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 10:50 a.m. Extra Dollar Off First Show Matinee in auditorium 1, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 3rd seat ( counting from the left ).  The price of admission was $6.75. I bought a $4.50 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water at the concessions counter. And I smuggled-in a $1.00 6.0 oz bag of fruit trail mix  ( Naturally Select Trail Mix Tropical blend ) which I bought at the Dollar Tree Store at the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane before I went to see this movie.

Quickie Review: A mentalist and three magicians are recruited by a mystery man to help him pull-off the biggest magic act performed on a global scale. And the closer a professional debunker and some detectives think they are to solving the mystery, the farther they actually are from it.

The audience liked this movie. And someone gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked it enough. Go see this movie if you like magic acts.

I liked the Soap Bubble scene.

I know one neat magic trick that involves the use of a dollar bill: You fold the dollar bill, origami-style, in such a way that you end-up with an adjustable "diamond" ring. Nope, it doesn't turn into an engagement ring or a wedding ring because if you try to pass it off as either one, you'll just end-up getting your face slapped! Ha, ha, ha.


Here are some things wrong with this movie: Good luck to those people in the audience who'll try to exchange those foreign bills for US bills. In New Orleans, it is a tradition for a woman to bare her breasts when she is given a bead necklace---But we, the audience, were treated to the sight of a woman's bare breasts covered-over by some idiot's hands, instead!!! What was up with that?!?!?! I mean, that woman wasn't even Janet Jackson! How are they going to hide from the authorities since they are world-famous? If the water pressure was strong enough to warp steel, then he would have died either way! The padlocks on the bridge were of different sizes and shapes; but the keys at the bottom of the river were all the same kind! Duh ....

******************************************************************

I went to my Chiropractor, here in Vallejo, first thing this morning for a spinal adjustment. I usually go on Mondays, but this Monday was a holiday so I had to have my appointment rescheduled.

Then, I went to the Chase Bank in the Food Maxx Shopping Center on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets, here in Vallejo, to put a deposit into my checking account.

Next, I went to the Fed-Ex Kinko's in the Safeway Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane, here in Vallejo, to make a xerox copy of a complaint letter that I am filing with a consumer "watchdog" agency about a junk-mail con artist who never sent me the package that I ordered. While I was there, I found out that I can make copies of my computer documents if I put them on a flashdrive and stick it in the USB port of their copy machine. Great! I can't wait to finish typing my children's book manuscript because I have four co-workers who are very interested in doing a test-market on my story.

And I went to the Dollar Tree Store to buy some snacks to smuggle-in with me to the movies. I also bought a bottle of vitamin/mineral supplement. I spent $3.09 for my purchase.

When I stepped out of the Dollar Tree Store, I realized that the weather was too warm for me to hide the chocolate-covered coconut candy bar in my pocket while I smuggle it into the theatre. So, I just ate it right there outside the store.

After the movie, I went to the Vallejo Springstowne Post Office to drop-off my complaint letter.

Then, I went to the Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road, here in Vallejo, to have lunch and to buy a Powerball lottery ticket. I spent $10.58 for both.

And I walked next door to the 99-Cent Only Store to buy a car air freshener, a bottle of Lecithin capsules, a 14.1 oz jar of Biscoff Spread, and a bunch of bananas ( don't tell the "banana police" ). I paid $4.17 for my purchase.

I bought this because I'm curious about how this European alternative to Peanut Butter tastes like.
-

Then, I went to the MacDonald's Restaurant on 902 Admiral Callaghan Lane, here in Vallejo, at the Target Shopping Center, to have a large Iced Tea and two packets of Apple Slices. I paid $2.17 for my snack purchase.

While I was enjoying my snack in the air-conditioned dining area, I wrote this blog with the aid of my Acer C7 Chromebook.

note: I'm now on chapter 15 of my manuscript which, by the way, is about a "butt-biting" monster. It's very funny, as I've said so before; and I really enjoy writing it. Hopefully, the people in the book publishing industry will be of like mind and will do a bidding war on it! Ha, ha, ha


*

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that that you can make cash by locking premium sections of your blog / website?
    To begin you need to open an account with Mgcash and implement their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete