Monday, April 6, 2015

FURIOUS 7, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 17 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Easter Sunday, April 5th, 2015, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO for the 7:50 p.m. showing in auditorium 8, 2nd row ( counting from the front ), 2nd column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $7.90 ( another Senior Citizen discount--what are they trying to tell me? ). I bought a small Popcorn w/ Butter ( $5.95 ), a tray of Nachos w/ Cheese ( $5.25 ) and a $0.65 upgrade ( on a free small fountain drink on my e-mail movie-watcher reward coupon ) to a medium on a Powerade Mountain Berry Blast at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: Someone's vengeful big, bad-ass brother is out to get the gang.

The audience in the packed auditorium liked this movie. And the Pilipina lady seated three seats to my right really enjoyed this movie. As a whole, the audience gave this movie a big "Hands Clapper" ending, in a paid tribute to the late Paul Walker.

I liked this movie, too. Action-wise, it's the best in the franchise. Go see this movie if you're a fan of the franchise in particular or if you're a fan of Action movies in general.

Here are some things wrong in this movie: The lady agent would have already been well on her way home when the gunfight started. In the head-on crash, no airbag was deployed. Considering that it was a winding road with trees on either side, the parachuted vehicles would have to have been manually maneuvered to land on or near the road; the presence of the dirt road was too convenient. The car's windshield was too easily removed. As Brian ( Paul Walker ) was getting ready to board the bus, why were there no guards present to shoot at him? To tumble off a rocky hill like that, a neck brace would have been necessary. Why would her friend sell the device that was given to him for safekeeping? Keeping his combat gear at the ready in his hospital room seemed like an implausible scenario. Oh, sure ... fire your shotgun into the air at an angle within city limits! How did he know where and when to plunge the ambulance vehicle? The last scene was too obviously a CGI--the face was slightly different, suggesting that the "double" has a different cranial structure or is chubby-faced. And why is Gal Gadot's character "absent"? Lastly, some scenes would have lent themselves well to 3-D imaging.

*****************************************************

The following was shared with me on my Facebook page ( 'sorry for the format ):

Cool story to share on Easter… After my workout I'm driving in my pick up and notice these kids in the rearview mirror screaming and running after my truck. Thought to myself, "Should I stop or keep driving?". I stopped. I hop out of my truck and this kid runs up to me, hugs the hell outta me and says its been his life's dream to meet me and tell me how much Ive inspired him to fight cancer (Hodgkin's lymphoma) and hard core chemo and stem cell transplant treatments. He was a little teary eyed and said for months and months all he's wanted to do was find me and say this face to face. I told him what it meant to me to hear this story. I thanked him, hugged him (and his friends), took a few pics, got back in my truck and drove away. As I'm driving I start shaking my head (and tearing up) at how fragile life is and how amazing and cool the universe was to make this meeting between myself and this special kid Nick Miller come true. Let's always take a moment to count our blessings… cause there's always something to be grateful for. Happy Easter y'all - DJ

*

Yes, HAPPY EASTER!

 ( belated, 'though it is )


*

No comments:

Post a Comment