Saturday, April 25, 2015

NANAK SHAH FAKIR, NR ( 2 hr & 25 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Thursday, April 23rd, 2015, in Richmond, CA, at the CENTURY 16 HILLTOP, for the 6:05 p.m. showing in auditorium 12, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 8ht column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.75. And I got a free small Buttered Popcorn ( movie-watcher e-mail reward coupon ) to go with my small Powerade Zero Orange for $4.10.

Quickie Review: This movie is based on the life of Sikhism's founder, from his prophesied birth all the way into his adult ministry. In his travels, he sought to unite the Hindus and the Muslims through his revelation of Ik Onkar ( there is only One God ) in a mystical musical way.

There were just a few people in the audience. I wasn't able to gauge their reaction to this movie.

I liked this movie. It offered me a better glimpse at the life of one of World Religions' influential founders. This movie was banned because some Sikhs thought that their founder's portrayal was blasphemous. But Nanak's face was never shown at all. I would recommend this movie to any follower of Sikhism or to anyone interested in World Religions.

***********************************************

This movie added to my understanding of my Yogi's faith. My Yogi is a Sikh, as I had mentioned in an earlier post. What I observed is that Nanak, in essence, preached what Jesus Christ, Himself, preached. But, then again, no matter who preaches what, the message is the same if it comes from one source, from One God.

"Hold on!" you might say in protest. "Christians believe in the Holy Trinity. How can you Christians say that you believe in One God when you worship God, the Father; God, the Son; and God, the Holy Spirit? These are three different Gods that you worship, not one."

But you proceed from the mistaken notion that God is incomplete. The very essence of God is that He is whole. No matter how many representations of God that you may have of Him, be it one, three, seventy-two or one hundred and eight--or more--He is still One God! You cannot add or subtract from God because He is completely whole. Here's a simple mathematical analogy: 1 X 1 X 1 = 1; and no matter how many more times that you multiply 1  by itself, the answer will still be 1. This is the same way with God. It is no contradiction at all when a Christian worships the Holy Trinity.

Allow me to illustrate further by adding to a simple analogy that my Yogi gave me and my fellow initiates. My Yogi said that if you go to the Ganges River and scoop some of its water into a vessel, say a glass, the water in the glass and the water in the Ganges River will still be one and the same, molecule for molecule and atom for atom. But the water in the glass will not be the Ganges River; it becomes part of the Ganges River only after it's poured back into the river! In the same manner, we can use this analogy to represent God, the Father, as the Ganges River; God, the Holy Spirit, as the water in the glass; and God, the Son, as the water-filled receptacle. God, the Son, i.e. Jesus Christ, became one with God, the Father, when he transmuted His ego-aware body ( the water-filled receptacle ) and "poured" the Holy Spirit back into its proper source which is God, the Father ( in much the same way that the water in the glass was poured back into the Ganges River in our earlier example ). And Jesus Christ can return in His humanly form, analogically speaking, in much the same way that a glass can be retrieved from the Ganges River if it was put in the river in the first place.

***************************************************

When I bought my ticket at the box office, I asked the booth clerk how long the movie was because the movie listing didn't include the time length and even the movie rating, itself. She said that it was almost two hours. "Almost two hours," my butt! It was more than that as I kept checking the time on my watch after 8:00 p.m. to see when the movie would end because I hadn't had dinner yet. And I still had to come back to this theatre to see an advance screening of, LITTLE BOY. Well, it was past 8:30 p.m. when the movie finally ended.

When I stepped out of the theatre, I decided to try the food at the new Chinese buffet restaurant, Lee's Garden Buffet.

Ah, this is much better than the lame excuse of a "picture" that I took of this place a couple of weeks ago. Wouldn't you agree?
-

I'd been at this Chinese buffet several times years ago when it went by another name and, obviously, was under different management/ownership. I took the above photo before I walked in. The sign on the door said that their Mon-Thu hours are from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ( Fri-Sun hours are from 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. ). I had less than 15 minutes to pig-out to my tummy's content! I asked the hostess if I could look at their buffet islands to see if there were still sufficient food left to feed a hungry movie blogger---There was!

I paid at the register first. I was charged a Senior Discount of $9.99 + $0.95 tax. And it couldn't have been because I looked old to the hostess since an old white man called me, "Kiddo," just a few hours earlier. But, then again, in today's "politically correct" society, I think calling a colored man, "Kiddo," is more acceptable than calling him, "Boy." Hey! wait a minute ....

Anyway,

I sat down at my table and gobbled-up food as fast as I could since I was in a race against time. When it was time for me to go back for seconds, a kitchen lady was already gathering-up the buffet pans. Another lady saw me going up to the buffet island and let the first lady know that there was still one hungry mouth to feed. The first lady just threw down into a pan with food still in it the serving spoons and tongs that she had collected. I quickly worked my way around that island as I piled "leftover" food high on my second plate. "This sure is one hungry pig at the trough! Oink, oink," one lady seemed to say in Chinese. Whatever .... I knew one thing, though: A Chinese lady would be going home with empty Chinese take-out containers tonight! Heh, heh, heh ....

"Mommy, why is this take-out container empty? I'm hungry! "
-

And, just to be on the safe side, I piled a third plate high with food, too. Ha, ha, ha.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment