Sunday, April 26, 2015

LITTLE BOY, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 46 min )

-

I went to see this on Thursday, April 23rd, 2015, in Richmond, CA, at the CENTURY HILLTOP 16, for the 9:50 p.m. advance screening in auditorium 6, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 10th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $11.25. And I bought a 16.9 oz Dasani Water for $3.85 at the concessions counter. The trip back to Vallejo cost me an additional $5.00 at the Carquinez Bridge Toll Plaza.

THE LITTLE BOY THAT COULD

Quickie Review: A little boy who looks up to his father will do anything to bring his father home from the war alive.

Believing himself to be in possession of a super telekinetic power awakened in him by his comic book superhero, the one and only Ben Eagle ( Ben Chaplin ), "little boy" Pepper Flynt Busbee ( Jakob Salvati ) becomes obsessed with the idea that he has the power to teleport his father ( Michael Rapaport ) back to their ( fictional ) hometown of O'hare, California, during World War II. Especially after he hears the church sermon on faith the size of a grain of mustard seed ( Matthew 17:20 ). But Father Oliver ( Tom Wilkinson ) reminds him that such a faith can only be had if one is unselfish and cares for others. So, the priest gives him a list of things taken from the Bible ( Matthew 25:35-36 ) that he must do in order to acquire a mustard seed-sized faith. As he checks-off each task on his list, he befriends the town's pariah, gains the respect of the class bully and wins the admiration of everyone in town.

Would you believe it if I told you that I was the only one in the auditorium for this particular show? Well, indeed, I was! But I liked this charming movie. I especially liked how two "little boys" were interwoven into a seamless fabric of the movie's plot. This is a well-crafted movie ideally suited for the whole family. Go see this movie with your little brats.

**************************************************

Driving to the theatre and back home made me worry that my car's "check engine" light might come on again. It didn't. The last time that it came on was over a month ago before and after my brother-in-law passed away. Will the engine light come back on again? I don't know. I don't want it to, whether the reason be that of a bad omen or whether it be simply that of a bad engine.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment