Thursday, November 12, 2015

GHOST IN THE SHELL [ 2015 ], NR ( 1 hr & 40 min )

-

I went to see this movie yesterday, Wednesday, November 11th, 2015, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 7:30 p.m. show in auditorium 4, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 8ht column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.75. And I bought Nachos for  $5.40 which came with a free small drink, Powerade Mountain Berry Blast, ( free movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ), at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: When Japan's Prime Minister is assassinated, Maj. Kusanagi becomes the prime suspect. It is up to her and her team to find the mysterious killer and learn the disturbing motive behind the assassination.

The audience of about 3 dozen liked this movie. But none gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending. Speaking of ending, there are Bonus Scenes during the Ending Credits.

I was kinda lost in its story arc. I suspected correctly that there are back stories to this movie. If you're a fan of the series, you'll want to watch this.

I liked the animation work on the original 1995 movie a lot better. This 2015 movie spent more time on emphasizing its CG animation than it did on its regular animation because there were at least two things wrong with the regular animation which I noticed.

**********************************************

I started work at 2:00 a.m. It was somewhat cold inside of the building during the wee hours of the day. The next time that I get scheduled to work so early, I'll dress accordingly.

After I got off work, I walked to the next building to make a deposit at Bank of America, only to find out that they were closed today in observation of Veterans' Day.

By the way ...

Happy Veterans' Day!

Then, I drove on over to my Chiropractor's clinic on Sonoma Boulevard for my spinal adjustment. I usually go every other Monday, but I forgot to reschedule on time as I was very distracted with chitchat at work on my break periods two days ago.

My Chiropractor has a new associate working for him, a Dr. Nema. He's young and has "pointy" palms. When he was realigning my spine and stretching it, I could feel the "pointiness" of the palms of his hands pressing down on my spine. He kept telling me to relax my back muscles, but how could I when his "pointy" palms were pressing down on them repeatedly. "New Guy" doctor, I swear ....

Before I left the clinic, I looked at the pillows that they sell. It is claimed that their pillow will prevent numbness and tingling in the extremities. I may have to buy their pillow as I've been experiencing numbness, tingling and pain in my fingers of late.

I finally had the chance to check-out the new Indian buffet restaurant on Admiral Callaghan Lane, in the Safeway Supermarket Shopping Center. It's the Taj Grill. They have been in business for 1 1/2 years.

The time stamp is wrong. I forgot to adjust the time back one hour to account for Daylight Savings Time. 
-

The inside of the restaurant looked nice. And the food was good. But the meatballs dish was heavy on the hot & spicy side. I pointed it out to the waiter. He said that that is how it's prepared. And I asked him what kind of meat it was because there was no way that it could have been beef. He said that it was lamb. Wow, I couldn't even detect a "lamb" taste to it. The next time that I eat this lamb meatball, I'll go easy on the sauce; maybe, then, I will be able to detect its "lambness". This restaurant, by the way, is not associated with the former Stara Indian Buffet Restaurant which went out of business two years ago, and which was just a few doors down from this restaurant which, itself, used to be a Chinese restaurant.

I paid $11.32 for my buffet lunch. It's $8.99 + tax. And I added Indian Chai Tea to it. I left a dollar tip.

Because today is Veterans' Day, that meant that the car insurance company, CSAA, was closed, too. I had in mind to swing by the place to obtain a map of Los Gatos, CA, because I plan on going there next week.

I just went, instead, to the theatre at 1:20 p.m. to buy a ticket for this movie. Then, I went home to rest.

In the auditorium, as I sat there reading the Ending Credits, someone seated a few rows behind me let out a loud fart. Boy! this "Vallejo crowd", I swear. Clearly, this is no substitute for a "Hands Clapper" ending. But, "whatever rocks your boat", I guess.  SMH.

After the movie, I went to the box office to buy a collector's 3-D glasses for the upcoming Star Wars movie. I was told to go back in to purchase it at the concessions counter. I paid $5.00 for it. I asked the supervisor, who went and fetched it for me, if the 3-D glasses will also work on an I-Max 3-D screen. He said that it would. I said that I was afraid to open it and find out because it's a collectible and I intend on adding it to my collection for that reason. The supervisor told me that they issue a new one every Friday. There are 4 collector's 3-D glasses, all in all. And the one that I bought is the 1st in the series.

On my way home, I decided to go to the CVS Drugstore on Sonoma Boulevard to get a $0.35 gallon refill on water at their outside vending machine. Then, I walked next door to the 99-Cent Only Store to buy a 20.0 oz. purified alkaline water, an 8.0 oz. bag of sea-salted peanuts and two 2.82 oz. Marathon Protein Bars to take to work on Friday.

I found this on the Internet.
-

I was the last customer at the 99-Cent Only Store. They close each night at 10:00 p.m.

As I sat in my car, and before I even started it, I deliberated on whether or not to go to Richmond, CA, to see a movie playing at 10:55 p.m. at the CENTURY HILLTOP 16. The movie playing in a limited run is the movie, HENERAL LUNA, about a Philippine general/war hero who fought against the Americans in the Philippine/American War. But, it was too late in the evening and I just wanted to go home. I should have gone to see it, though. Maybe, I'll catch this on DVD.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment